Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans sign LB Wesley Woodyard
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Titans sign LB Wesley Woodyard Reply with quote

Quote:
@RapSheet: Ex-#Broncos LB Wesley Woodyard is agreeing to join the #Titans on a four-year deal, per source. Athletic coverage LB. 4 years, $16M

I'm ok with this. He isn't great although he's showed he can be a playmaker at times. I think he'll fit in just fine.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Titans signed LB Wesley Woodyard to a four-year, $16 million contract.
Although Woodyard lost his starting job to Paris Lenon down the stretch last season following a nasty stinger, he is a swiss-army-knife linebacker with exceptional versatility and special teams impact. He adds more speed to an already highly athletic Tennessee linebacker corps. Woodyard seems unlikely to start in Nashville, but could wind up playing 50-plus percent of the defensive snaps as a nickel 'backer. He'll also run down kickoffs and punts.

Via Rotoworld.

Certainly worse options out there who will get the same money.

Props to "Peppers90" on the sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
Quote:
Although Woodyard lost his starting job to Paris Lenon down the stretch last season following a nasty stinger, he is a swiss-army-knife linebacker with exceptional versatility and special teams impact. He adds more speed to an already highly athletic Tennessee linebacker corps. Woodyard seems unlikely to start in Nashville, but could wind up playing 50-plus percent of the defensive snaps as a nickel 'backer. He'll also run down kickoffs and punts.

Via Rotoworld.

In dont know why he wouldn't start... In a 4-3, I'd expect him to be the MLB with Brown at WLB and in a 3-4 I expect Brown and Woodyard on the inside with Ayers at OLB on one side and TBA on the other. Probably never fully recovered from the injury last year.

Last edited by ttitansfan4life on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
Quote:

Via Rotoworld.

In dont know why he wouldn't start... In a 4-3, I'd expect him to be the MLB with Brown at WLB and in a 3-4 I expect Brown and Woodyard on the inside with Ayers on one and TBA on the other. Probably never fully recovered from the injury last year.

I would think he would start alongside Brown. Gives us a little bit of veteran leadership in that group, too.

Quote:
Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports
It's a four-year deal for Wesley Woodyard and the #Titans, worth up to $16 million. He spent his first six NFL seasons with the #Broncos

Sounds like there could be incentives and such.

lamont

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should fit in with the hybrid defense that Horton will run. He will not be a full time starter I believe. After years of promises of a hybrid defense it is exciting to see the actual implementation of that defense. Also he is a vet that will play special teams. That adds value to his 53 man roster spot.
He reminds me of David Thornton a little bit. Undersized guy but can hold his own if he is covered by a good NT and DEs so he can run to the ball.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig

Last edited by lamont on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@jwyattsports: #Titans GM Ruston Webster on Wesley Woodyard: "In our new scheme he fits as one of the inside linebackers."

UTMoc10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_wlvbUGAPk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDSnNDeJzn4

Seems like the type of guy you would want on your team. Calm and well spoken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYHT6OKs1aw
Also that one handed INT Cool

Quote:
Woodyard played at the University of Kentucky, where his defensive coordinator was current Titans assistant secondary coach Steve Brown.

Justin615$

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the move. With Daryl Smith going back to the Ravens, he was one of the best ILB available. Pretty good signing, better than Akeem Jordan Laughing

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They like that he's athletic. I can tell. I don't like how small he is. Nor am I excited by a guy who got benched for Paris Lenon last year.

We'll see

**RIP Steve McNair**
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
They like that he's athletic. I can tell. I don't like how small he is. Nor am I excited by a guy who got benched for Paris Lenon last year.

We'll see

I think it was more to due with his injury than anything. I would be pretty weary of jumping in the hole to take on a big RB with a strained neck. But like you said, we'll see.

KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about the draft:
I'm going to assume Woodyard and Brown are starters at ILB.
Ayers and say...Morgan are starters at OLB.

We have Pitiouia, Casey and someone to be named on the line.

So target in the first round still is an OLB and or 3-4 DE/DT.
or
a RT.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:

We'll see

I think it was more to due with his injury than anything. I would be pretty weary of jumping in the hole to take on a big RB with a strained neck. But like you said, we'll see.

No man, I live in Denver. He had the injury but he was benched due to ineffectiveness. And essentially got it back because Lenon wasn't much better.

I also know stingers pretty well. Once you have a history of them, they tend to keep occurring. So if he's going to turn into cotton candy every time he gets a stinger, then I'm even more skeptical.

**RIP Steve McNair**
Titan89

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to take a stab at what the front seven could look like in 3-4. Let's say right now excluding maybe adding a LB in the draft what we have is this:

ROLB - Wimbley
ILB - Woodyard/McCarthy
ILB - Brown/Gooden
LOLB - Ayers-Fokou

RDE - Pitiotua/Martin
NT - Woods/Hill
LDE - Casey/Morgan

Personally this is what I would take a guess at what we are looking at right now with who we have but I am not expert and could be way off.

I think we need to add another OLB to the mix.

Honestly I see Wimbley as a Titan next year contract restructured or not. He can be an effective OLB in a 3-4 he has shown that before and keeping him adds one person more who knows a 3-4 and has experience in it. I frankly only see Chris Johnson and Fitzpatrick getting the ax from us.
TrojanMan217

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titan89 wrote:
I am going to take a stab at what the front seven could look like in 3-4. Let's say right now excluding maybe adding a LB in the draft what we have is this:

ROLB - Wimbley
ILB - Woodyard/McCarthy
ILB - Brown/Gooden
LOLB - Ayers-Fokou

RDE - Pitiotua/Martin
NT - Woods/Hill
LDE - Casey/Morgan

Personally this is what I would take a guess at what we are looking at right now with who we have but I am not expert and could be way off.

I think we need to add another OLB to the mix.

Honestly I see Wimbley as a Titan next year contract restructured or not. He can be an effective OLB in a 3-4 he has shown that before and keeping him adds one person more who knows a 3-4 and has experience in it. I frankly only see Chris Johnson and Fitzpatrick getting the ax from us.

Wow seeing the potential D like this makes me think we are really going to struggle against the run. Spikes sounds like a good idea to me but he is a little one dimensional. I think we go LB in the draft now with all these signings. Agree 100% on Wimbley too

Quinney makes the best sigs ^^^^^^^^^
Mockstairwell

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/20el8y/exbroncos_lb_wesley_woodyard_is_agreeing_to_join/

Broncos fans seem to love this guy. They say we got a great player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: