Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A little hypothetical
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rednblackblood1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject: A little hypothetical Reply with quote

I'd just like to gauge what you guys think, I heard this scenario on the radio a few weeks back. Who would you all like to see us draft if Jadeveon Clowney, Greg Robinson, Jake Matthews, and Khalil Mack are all gone and we don't trade back?
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: A little hypothetical Reply with quote

rednblackblood1 wrote:
I'd just like to gauge what you guys think, I heard this scenario on the radio a few weeks back. Who would you all like to see us draft if Jadeveon Clowney, Greg Robinson, Jake Matthews, and Khalil Mack are all gone and we don't trade back?

Ideally trading back in that situation seems right, but I wouldn't complain with Barr or Lewan at 6 in that specific scenario

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best hamstrings in the draft.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly have no idea who I would pick in that scenario, without being able to trade back. Luckily for Falcons fans, I am not a part of the FO because I may have let the clock run out in this situation. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
The best hamstrings in the draft.

Im probably 65% to 35% in favor of Watkins over Barr. I dont see Barr's value at #6.

#JDI
tech2186

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this situation you trade back because the #6 pick has a lot of value in that people will want Watkins or whatever top QB that hasn't been choosen. We then garner additional picks and grab either Barr, Lewan, Ebron or Nix...

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
xXCowboys21Xx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to trade down, but in this situation, I think the Falcons would be best suited to go ahead and do it. Trade down, hopefully somewhere in the early to mid teens, and stock up on protection for Matty Ice and Secondary

^^BucsGetGaines on the dope sig
CoachFunk7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: A little hypothetical Reply with quote

rednblackblood1 wrote:

In this scenario, with all 4 of them taken by pick 6, only one QB can possibly be taken. That means we could probably get a nice deal trading back with someone needing a quarterback. No way we don't move back.

89 tackles; 3 sacks; 6 passes defensed
rednblackblood1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just trying to gauge who you all would take in a tough situation such as that. Trading back would be the best option but if we stayed put in this scenario who would you take?
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rednblackblood1 wrote:
I'm just trying to gauge who you all would take in a tough situation such as that. Trading back would be the best option but if we stayed put in this scenario who would you take?

Barr or Lewan. Probably Barr.
birdman70

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously here, you trade back if you have the choice.

If that's not possible, you take Barr or Lewan if you're drafting out of need and Sammy Watkins if you're going BPA. Depends on your philosophy. I would have preferred until next year to draft Roddy White's replacement but I wouldn't be able to pass on Watkins. For our short passing game, he would help us get more YAC for sure. If QB's don't get drafted as early as predicted, this situation could actually come to fruition.
terrell123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewan. Plug him in at RT. With M.Johnson backing him up. Holmes backs up Baker at LT, where I think he's best suited. Lewan takes over the LT spot eventually.. I think we can find an OLB just as good as Barr in the 2nd rd if we want one.(Ford, Shazier.VanNoy), At least a more productive one, as opposed to more of a project.. On to rd 2..........Btw, he said if we don't trade back guys.. Smile
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewan in that scenario but would prefer a trade back.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I said in my first post in this thread that I truly have no idea what route I would take if we were forced into that situation that the OP created.. but the one thing I can say is that I would not like Barr in that situation. I do not see Barr as a top 10 pick, so taking him at 6 would be an incredible reach in my eyes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watkins is blue chip... you have to go Watkins if you can't trade back, but with only at most one QB off the board and a blue chip skill position that's heralded as the best WR since AJ or even CJ, finding a trade partner should be fairly easy.

JGold on the Sig

Atlanta Falcons and LSU Tigers all the way!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: