Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lookin at 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holeman1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my impression is that PP21 will try to milk us out of everything, and I think that he is going to pull a Dansby and have some dumb team with tons of cap space pour money over him, I sure hope he stays but reports say that he is trying to get as much as he can for his contract extension (he wants to be paid about 12M a year) to the point where we ended not giving him one.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holeman1 wrote:
my impression is that PP21 will try to milk us out of everything, and I think that he is going to pull a Dansby and have some dumb team with tons of cap space pour money over him, I sure hope he stays but reports say that he is trying to get as much as he can for his contract extension (he wants to be paid about 12M a year) to the point where we ended not giving him one.

He will likely be the highest paid CB and one of the highest paid defenders and he deserves every penny. Letting him go would be a huge mistake.

Much different situation than Dansby's.
holeman1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
holeman1 wrote:

He will likely be the highest paid CB and one of the highest paid defenders and he deserves every penny. Letting him go would be a huge mistake.

I know but the fact is that there has to be a line drawn somewhere, we cant let him take a ton of money then start slacking off, that happened with DRC, he had a couple of good seasons then he went to Philly and signed a huge contract with big bucks everyone hated him because he didn't really perform to the most of his ability, im afraid that it might happen again
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holeman1 wrote:
mtdowner wrote:
holeman1 wrote:

I know but the fact is that there has to be a line drawn somewhere, we cant let him take a ton of money then start slacking off, that happened with DRC, he had a couple of good seasons then he went to Philly and signed a huge contract with big bucks everyone hated him because he didn't really perform to the most of his ability, im afraid that it might happen again

DRC wasn't a good fit in Philly for 3 reasons.
1) they didn't play to his strengths (Man or zone etc)
2) Philly was just a train wreck as a whole
3) DRC doesn't want to play football. He's expressed multiple times that he wants to retire from football to become a counselor. At this point I don't know why he's still playing

We will not be stupid enough to even let PP test free agency.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holeman1 wrote:

PP will get 5th year option in 2015 (avg of top 10 salary at position)

then in 2016 he will get franchised (top 5 avg salary)

so 2017 would be year he could leave or get 120% of 2016 salary with franchise tag again

Worry about it then
NFLisnewNBA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets get tom brady fo
NFLisnewNBA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
holeman1 wrote:

Better and younger than Dansby. Cardinals will pay him. You know if he leave lil homie Tyrann will follow. Peterson is not DRC. DRC is already talking about retirement and declining 50 mil offers. Peterson has bett.er work ethic and mind.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFLisnewNBA wrote:
mtdowner wrote:
holeman1 wrote:

Better and younger than Dansby. Cardinals will pay him. You know if he leave lil homie Tyrann will follow. Peterson is not DRC. DRC is already talking about retirement and declining 50 mil offers. Peterson has bett.er work ethic and mind.

Peterson wants to be the best CB to ever play. That's the type of player I feel comfortable giving the big bucks to. DRC was a joke who was satisfied getting paid and would straight up take games off.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: