Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lookin at 2015
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plucky

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Lookin at 2015 Reply with quote

Well I know everyone is looking at 2014 right now I have to bring up 2015 because I think it plays a role in our 2014 draft. While no one is talking about it, I know larry is due like 24 million or so but the bigger deal is darnell dockett. He has a 10 million dollar cap number and if we cut him we save around 7 mil. Great idea, on the decline, doesn't really fit with the 3-4 however, we don't have anyone who can take him place as of now. If we do I imagine we grab a 3-4 DE in this draft and one pretty early round 1-3 maybe 4 tops. Has anyone looked at names for this draft? I kind of like Will Clarke and Kareem Martin (CC clones). Just looking for other thoughts and am I wrong to thing DD is gone after this year baring major paycut
mtdowner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaShede Hageman would be a nice replacement. He's the top 5 tech in the draft. Freak athlete.

Tuitt from Notre Dame is the 2nd best in the draft. Another really talented player.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
RaShede Hageman would be a nice replacement. He's the top 5 tech in the draft. Freak athlete.

Tuitt from Notre Dame is the 2nd best in the draft. Another really talented player.

Both 1st round picks though. Not sure we go that route since they're unlikely to pass Dockett this year.

I like Caraun Reid a lot. Small school player but extremely athletic and productive. He's gonna go in that 3rd-4th round range.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylor Hart

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
Taylor Hart

If he can add 20 pounds then maybe. Don't see any special characteristic with him though outside of height.

Ed Stinson is another Day 3 guy I like. Never going to get after the passer like Dockett but I think he could have a nice career. Similar to a Tyson Jackson.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
mtdowner wrote:

Both 1st round picks though. Not sure we go that route since they're unlikely to pass Dockett this year.

I like Caraun Reid a lot. Small school player but extremely athletic and productive. He's gonna go in that 3rd-4th round range.

Who knows. At this point, we could draft any position in round 1 and it wouldn't really surprise me. As long as we draft a talented player I'm fine with it. Not too many players in this draft more talented than Hageman.

He would get plenty of snaps his rookie year and it would allow us to cut Dockett in 2015.
crw94

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
mtdowner wrote:

Who knows. At this point, we could draft any position in round 1 and it wouldn't really surprise me. As long as we draft a talented player I'm fine with it. Not too many players in this draft more talented than Hageman.

He would get plenty of snaps his rookie year and it would allow us to cut Dockett in 2015.

He's definitely a talent, very boom or bust though.
SuperFlyTNT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about Ego Ferguson? Only started one year at LSU - but we've been fond of a lot of guys from LSU recently.

Caraun Reid is a very interesting prospect btw Apollo - coming from Princeton. Hilarious at CBS' draft site, one of his listed weaknesses is:

"Intelligent and well-rounded off the field, which some suggests mean that he could be a player who may not love or need the game as much as preferred."

Guys are knocked for being dumb - first time I've seen a guy get knocked for being too smart Smile .
apollo14000

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperFlyTNT wrote:
What do you guys think about Ego Ferguson? Only started one year at LSU - but we've been fond of a lot of guys from LSU recently.

Caraun Reid is a very interesting prospect btw Apollo - coming from Princeton. Hilarious at CBS' draft site, one of his listed weaknesses is:

"Intelligent and well-rounded off the field, which some suggests mean that he could be a player who may not love or need the game as much as preferred."

Guys are knocked for being dumb - first time I've seen a guy get knocked for being too smart Smile .

Not to high on Ferguson for what we need. Didn't seem to get to the QB too often and in a one gap 3-4 D, that's what we need our DE to do.

As for Reid, some people could see it that way. I see it as a guy who dominated at his level while at the same time putting a ton of hours into his education. With college degree in hand, that frees up a lot more time to focus on football.
Plucky

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaShede Hageman is a very powerful man and quick off the snap, just watched some tape of him, he can be scary good with some coaching, I see Tuitt being more of a NT rather than a 3-4 DE.
TheMachONE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft Aaron Donald
Move him to OLB
???????
Profit

[quote="Childish Gambino"]Funny the day you born that's really your death sentence[/quote]
crw94

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMachONE wrote:
Draft Aaron Donald
Move him to OLB
???????
Profit

Donald is such a monster...

Hageman wouldn't be too bad of a fit here. I like the guy a lot, I just think he's a big risk. Luckily we have plenty of veterans to bring him along and he won't be rushed, but still.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donald at DE, stuff OLB, dude is a freak that can play

Hagemonster if he is there at 20, luxury for 2014, but killer 2015
crw94

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Donald at DE, stuff OLB, dude is a freak that can play

Hagemonster if he is there at 20, luxury for 2014, but killer 2015

Fits him perfectly. Watching some tape on him does make me want the guy, have to say...
holeman1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in 2015 I think that Mariota of Oregon, Petty of Baylor, and possibly Winston of FSU will be battling for the top QB in 2015. I think that Kevin Hogan, a mere replica of Andrew Luck, will fall to at least the middle of the first round, so we can grab him and become a improved version of the Colts, or if we don't get Hogan I was thinking about grabbing Travis Wilson in the 4th, he is a replica of Kaepernick and I think that he is heavily underrated as a passer and his ability to run is mesmerizing. Travis did well under the terrible O-line that he was put behind (which is the reason why he is not rated higher), either one would make sense in the 2015 draft as we would need one by that time

John Brown, Rookie WR, Arizona Cardinals
2014 NFL Season Stat Tracker:
9 REC, 109 YDS, 12.1 AVR, 3 TD
1 RUSH, 2 YDS

Last edited by holeman1 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: