Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mack rant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRAIL'S END#307

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a Mack topic but…I think this is just the beginning! What do you think Gordon is going to want! Go Browns!
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
I look at it as a function of environment....
There are only 2 teams with more cap room than us (Jax and Oak) Neither is a player for a Center (I don't think).....so the agent can nix that "I'ma sculpt a contract the Brown's cant match"....maybe one we WONT match...but not cant....somebody see his agent in public, kick in him in balls for me....thanks much...

Secondly the two teams that seem to be the most major players linked, to Mack are Indy (who signed a center yesterday...) and the Ravens, who I think after Pitta and Monroe are no longer in strong enough financial position to "go there" with us....

I think Mack eventually signs his tender, both sides rock a 1 year, wait and see approach....Mack fits and likes it...Long term next offseason...if not...Franchise and trade...

I like MasterCheddars last post in here....looks like we need to get him on our Front Office negotiating team Laughing

Your only looking at cap room this year.

They could do something similar to the Byrd contract. Structure it in such a way that the guarenteed money and hard cap hits come in 2015 and 2016 (this is the big one as this is when Gordon is a FA).

So they could sign Mack to a 6 year 60M deal. Base salary in year 1 is 3M with no bonuses.
Base in year 2 is 13M with a 3M roster bonus (for 16M total and 19M total). Then they can structure year 3 with a 20M base with 6M roster bonus (45M of the total contract) then year 4 have a 7M cap hit, year 5 and 8M and year 6 2M
zelbell

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Planet Earth
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRAIL'S END#307 wrote:
I know this is a Mack topic but…I think this is just the beginning! What do you think Gordon is going to want! Go Browns!
$10m+ probably

Rammy on the sig
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:
I look at it as a function of environment....
There are only 2 teams with more cap room than us (Jax and Oak) Neither is a player for a Center (I don't think).....so the agent can nix that "I'ma sculpt a contract the Brown's cant match"....maybe one we WONT match...but not cant....somebody see his agent in public, kick in him in balls for me....thanks much...

Secondly the two teams that seem to be the most major players linked, to Mack are Indy (who signed a center yesterday...) and the Ravens, who I think after Pitta and Monroe are no longer in strong enough financial position to "go there" with us....

I think Mack eventually signs his tender, both sides rock a 1 year, wait and see approach....Mack fits and likes it...Long term next offseason...if not...Franchise and trade...

I like MasterCheddars last post in here....looks like we need to get him on our Front Office negotiating team Laughing

Your only looking at cap room this year.

They could do something similar to the Byrd contract. Structure it in such a way that the guarenteed money and hard cap hits come in 2015 and 2016 (this is the big one as this is when Gordon is a FA).

So they could sign Mack to a 6 year 60M deal. Base salary in year 1 is 3M with no bonuses.
Base in year 2 is 13M with a 3M roster bonus (for 16M total and 19M total). Then they can structure year 3 with a 20M base with 6M roster bonus (45M of the total contract) then year 4 have a 7M cap hit, year 5 and 8M and year 6 2M

I do think that is a good example of how a team could structure a deal to screw over Cleveland, but if the Colts (or whomever) would be willing to pay an average of 10M per year, then regardless of how they structure it, they can have him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
TRAIL'S END#307 wrote:
$10m+ probably

Give it to him

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
zelbell

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
zelbell wrote:
TRAIL'S END#307 wrote:
$10m+ probably

Give it to him
he's worth every penny

Rammy on the sig
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
zelbell wrote:
TRAIL'S END#307 wrote:
$10m+ probably

Give it to him
he's worth every penny

What was Calvin's contract?

I bet it's near there

zelbell

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
zelbell wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
zelbell wrote:
TRAIL'S END#307 wrote:
$10m+ probably

Give it to him
he's worth every penny

I bet it's near there
Calvin is like $16m AAV

Rammy on the sig
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
zelbell wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
zelbell wrote:
TRAIL'S END#307 wrote:
$10m+ probably

Give it to him
he's worth every penny

I bet it's near there
Calvin is like $16m AAV

o dear

I can see like 12-14 for Gordon depending on when it gets done

TRAIL'S END#307

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Flash I’m all in paying whatever but… like mack does he want to be here?
Go Browns!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: