Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mack rant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Casimir Pulaski

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Casimir Pulaski wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Casimir Pulaski wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
To be fair and accurate, Mack hasn't said nothing about wanting to leave, at least to my knowledge.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2014/03/13/pro-bowl-c-mack-wants-to-talk-to-colts/6378077/

Quote:
"Anytime a player has a chance to talk with a team with a proven record like the Colts, (with) a quarterback and other weapons of the caliber Indy has, it certainly catches your attention," Mack, 28, said in an exclusive interview with The Indianapolis Star.

Not exactly shying away from the idea of heading elsewhere though

Not exactly much more than being gracious and respectful when speaking to the local Indy paper IMO.

He wasn't exactly gushing about them or expressing his desire to leave, simply stating the obvious, no?

To me it's more about talking to that city's paper about that city's team in the first place. I guess I'm missing why he was in Indy (I presume to talk contract, which is no good because the Colts have proven to throw out large amounts of cash to FAs). It's not a good sign, no?

That is exactly what he is supposed to be doing with the transition tag.

Mmhmm. Not saying he shouldn't be talking to teams. Just hate to see him talking to the one led by Grigson and Irsay. They are closers
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casimir Pulaski wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Casimir Pulaski wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Casimir Pulaski wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
To be fair and accurate, Mack hasn't said nothing about wanting to leave, at least to my knowledge.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2014/03/13/pro-bowl-c-mack-wants-to-talk-to-colts/6378077/

Quote:
"Anytime a player has a chance to talk with a team with a proven record like the Colts, (with) a quarterback and other weapons of the caliber Indy has, it certainly catches your attention," Mack, 28, said in an exclusive interview with The Indianapolis Star.

Not exactly much more than being gracious and respectful when speaking to the local Indy paper IMO.

He wasn't exactly gushing about them or expressing his desire to leave, simply stating the obvious, no?

To me it's more about talking to that city's paper about that city's team in the first place. I guess I'm missing why he was in Indy (I presume to talk contract, which is no good because the Colts have proven to throw out large amounts of cash to FAs). It's not a good sign, no?

Mmhmm. Not saying he shouldn't be talking to teams. Just hate to see him talking to the one led by Grigson and Irsay. They are closers

Who would you talk to, cheapskates like the Bengals?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Casimir Pulaski wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Casimir Pulaski wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Casimir Pulaski wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

Quote:

Who would you talk to, cheapskates like the Bengals?

I'm not mad at him lol. As a fan I just don't want to see him go. Of course he has every right to get paid
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant blame him for wanting out. Dude has had a new coach/system every other year. He's never won more than 5 games professionally. He has to play next to terrible guards. He snaps to terrible quarterbacks. There comes a time when money isn't the only thing that matters. If he wants to find himself a better, more stable team with a chance to win then more power to him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casimir Pulaski wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Casimir Pulaski wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

Quote:

What the hell did you think he was going to do when he became a free agent????

He's listening to offers. Only a damned fool wouldn't.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Casimir Pulaski

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Casimir Pulaski wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Casimir Pulaski wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

Quote:

Wow I'm not trying to enrage people here. As I said to Thomas, I'm not mad at him lol. As a fan I just don't want to see him go. Of course he has every right to get paid
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casimir Pulaski wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Casimir Pulaski wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Casimir Pulaski wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

Quote:

Wow I'm not trying to enrage people here. As I said to Thomas, I'm not mad at him lol. As a fan I just don't want to see him go. Of course he has every right to get paid

Who's enraged? Laughing

I'm simply stunned that fans have soured on a guy because he didn't re-sign, no questioned asked, with the worst run franchise in the league over the course of his career.

I hope he looks around and decides he WANTS to be here and things work out for everyone.

Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

He has every right to leave but if he does not want to be here then just say that. Don't have your turd sandwich agent come out and say "I'm going to craft a contract they can't match." I'm at the point where if he wants to stay here then sign a long term contract. However if he wants to sign a tag and do this again next year.... Trade him for a 2nd and a 5th. Sign an FA center and draft one in the 4th or 5th. It is Sh** or get off the pot time for Mack.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
He has every right to leave but if he does not want to be here then just say that. Don't have your turd sandwich agent come out and say "I'm going to craft a contract they can't match." I'm at the point where if he wants to stay here then sign a long term contract. However if he wants to sign a tag and do this again next year.... Trade him for a 2nd and a 5th. Sign an FA center and draft one in the 4th or 5th. It is Sh** or get off the pot time for Mack.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Did he have his agent say that or did his agent answer a question by a reporter about whether or not he could provide his client a contract offer that the Browns wouldn't match? Big difference.

Casimir Pulaski

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Casimir Pulaski wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Casimir Pulaski wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Casimir Pulaski wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

Quote:

Who's enraged? Laughing

I'm simply stunned that fans have soured on a guy because he didn't re-sign, no questioned asked, with the worst run franchise in the league over the course of his career.

I hope he looks around and decides he WANTS to be here and things work out for everyone.

The words of curse and 4 question marks came off as angry lol. Ohhh Internet forums.

I think overall there was a miscommunication here. We're on the same page. I'm not turning on him; I'm just sad to see him (potentially) leave.

It's like when you're on a break with your girlfriend but it still eats at you when she gets a date with some new guy with a better house and car and face than you
Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what happens if he doesn't sign?

He doesn't play in 2014?
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiwibrown wrote:

He doesn't play in 2014?

Or get paid. He won't do that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Kiwibrown wrote:

He doesn't play in 2014?

Or get paid. He won't do that.

Pretty sure he has to sign the tender before he signs any contract offers.

He'll sign soon enough.

Mastercheddaar wrote:
this whole forum needs AA
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not going to lie, I'm a bit annoyed. I don't begrudge a guy trying to get paid or looking to go to a potentially more stable franchise, however 10 mil for a Center?

Dude should take the money and run. If someone wants to throw him that type of jack long term, then I'm ok with letting him walk.

Don't like the fact that he has till July to sign the transition tag, but I would think it would be done sooner. Hopefully they have a contingency plan in case they decide to let him walk.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/14/alex-mack-plans-visits-has-none-scheduled/

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
Not going to lie, I'm a bit annoyed. I don't begrudge a guy trying to get paid or looking to go to a potentially more stable franchise, however 10 mil for a Center?

Dude should take the money and run. If someone wants to throw him that type of jack long term, then I'm ok with letting him walk.

This is where I'm at as well... logically, I don't fault him for examining all his options. The Browns, not Mack nor his agent, left a window open for him to leave by only transition tagging him.

The thing that is really getting under my skin is his agent flaunting that he's going to do every thing in his power craft a contract that bypasses the tag, almost like he's taunting the Browns.
Also, let's not pretend that the Browns didn't want to sign him to a (most-likely) lucrative extension and simply resorted to the transition tag... Mack had to have turned down an extension and the Browns simply used a fair tactic to retain him. So, in the end, Mack is saying that he wants out because he had an opportunity to re-sign and chose not to.

He's allowed to get his pay day and go wherever he wants to do so, and I honestly won't fault him for that (which I have not done one iota with Ward)... but as a Browns fanatic, of course I'm going to take it personally when a player actively tries to find a way out of Cleveland when the team wants him to stay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: