Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mack rant
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bosko1616

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Mack rant Reply with quote

Is anyone else kinda annoyed with what's coming out from the Mack camp with the agent publicly stating he will construct a contract that is unmatchable and that he was hopeful that the colts would have offered him a contract I'm just kinda done with him if he's going to be that way trade him for a first and end it pick up a center in the draft or move Greco over Idc.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Mack rant Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:
Is anyone else kinda annoyed with what's coming out from the Mack camp with the agent publicly stating he will construct a contract that is unmatchable and that he was hopeful that the colts would have offered him a contract I'm just kinda done with him if he's going to be that way trade him for a first and end it pick up a center in the draft or move Greco over Idc.

If we could get a first round pick for him, I would be fine with trading him. Centers are not that hard to find, and we have seen what a pro bowl center gets us (i.e. 4-5 wins a year). Centers and Guards can be found in the middle of the draft with still quality left.

- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
bosko1616

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Mack rant Reply with quote

shoffma1999 wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:

If we could get a first round pick for him, I would be fine with trading him. Centers are not that hard to find, and we have seen what a pro bowl center gets us (i.e. 4-5 wins a year). Centers and Guards can be found in the middle of the draft with still quality left.

I could see maybe team like the broncos throwing a first out for a center like Mack id call them up and field offers. They're in a win now mode so it seems like a legit fit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we trade a guy that we've slapped the transition tag on?

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...#FREEJOSHGORDON! Adopt a Brownie 2014: Jabaal Sheard
shoffma1999

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Mack rant Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:
shoffma1999 wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:

I could see maybe team like the broncos throwing a first out for a center like Mack id call them up and field offers. They're in a win now mode so it seems like a legit fit.

Yeah, I actually think that would be a win win situation. They would get a pro bowl player to try and push them over the edge, and we add a 1st round pick in a deep draft that we could parlay into another starter, or trade out and add an extra 1st for 2015.

- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with any of it.

The guy wanted to use FA and see what was out there and what his value is. Cool, I'd prolly do the same thing. This team has been a dumpster fire in one of the least desirable cities to live in (of NFL cities) his entire career.

He owes the team, the fans, and the city nothing.

If I had the opportunity to choose which team was going to pay me millions of dollars, Cleveland wouldn't even be on my list. I'd prolly take less for the chance to play for a consistent winner.

Just keepin it real homies.

That said, I'd love to be able to resign him if the price was right. That would prolly be 5 years and 30-35 mil for me.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Cle.Buckeye77

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucketheadsdad wrote:

I don't know but ideally we would do a sign and trade to the new team in that case
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cle.Buckeye77 wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:

I don't know but ideally we would do a sign and trade to the new team in that case

But wouldn't that doink the heck out of us, as it would likely be a huge cap hit, wouldn't it?

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...#FREEJOSHGORDON! Adopt a Brownie 2014: Jabaal Sheard
Casimir Pulaski

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a little annoying to have a guy appear to be so ready to go anywhere but Cleveland, but can you blame him really? He's fed up with losing and the constant turnover. I think axing Chud after 1 year was the last straw. He already disliked BanBardi

The NFL is a business, and he wants to hit it big with this next contract. All-Pro, young guy. So I can't blame him
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair and accurate, Mack hasn't said nothing about wanting to leave, at least to my knowledge.

Casimir Pulaski

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
To be fair and accurate, Mack hasn't said nothing about wanting to leave, at least to my knowledge.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2014/03/13/pro-bowl-c-mack-wants-to-talk-to-colts/6378077/

Quote:
"Anytime a player has a chance to talk with a team with a proven record like the Colts, (with) a quarterback and other weapons of the caliber Indy has, it certainly catches your attention," Mack, 28, said in an exclusive interview with The Indianapolis Star.

Not exactly shying away from the idea of heading elsewhere though
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casimir Pulaski wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2014/03/13/pro-bowl-c-mack-wants-to-talk-to-colts/6378077/

Quote:
"Anytime a player has a chance to talk with a team with a proven record like the Colts, (with) a quarterback and other weapons of the caliber Indy has, it certainly catches your attention," Mack, 28, said in an exclusive interview with The Indianapolis Star.

Not exactly much more than being gracious and respectful when speaking to the local Indy paper IMO.

He wasn't exactly gushing about them or expressing his desire to leave, simply stating the obvious, no?

Casimir Pulaski

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Casimir Pulaski wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

Quote:

Not exactly much more than being gracious and respectful when speaking to the local Indy paper IMO.

He wasn't exactly gushing about them or expressing his desire to leave, simply stating the obvious, no?

To me it's more about talking to that city's paper about that city's team in the first place. I guess I'm missing why he was in Indy (I presume to talk contract, which is no good because the Colts have proven to throw out large amounts of cash to FAs). It's not a good sign, no?
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Casimir Pulaski wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

Quote:

Yeah, he may or may not want to get out of town but upon request I have yet to see anything he said that should lead to so many saying "screw him, if he doesn't want to be here I don't want him here" type comments. I guess we jump to our own conclusions.

People are even saying the same thing about DQ, who was cut and signed for more money this coming season with another team. He was under contract for us this year making less money than he will be making for the Colts and he wanted out by not taking less than what his value would be...whether you like him or not the market dictated that his value was fair.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casimir Pulaski wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Casimir Pulaski wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

Quote:

To me it's more about talking to that city's paper about that city's team in the first place. I guess I'm missing why he was in Indy (I presume to talk contract, which is no good because the Colts have proven to throw out large amounts of cash to FAs). It's not a good sign, no?

That is exactly what he is supposed to be doing with the transition tag.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: