Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Welcome to Washington - Shawn Lauvao - G
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 15059
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Welcome to Washington - Shawn Lauvao - G Reply with quote

Adding this here to provide individualized discussion. Stay tuned in the FA threads for more general discussion.

Welcome Shawn Lauvao - signed away from Cleveland

4yrs/17.5M

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/03/12/a-closer-look-at-new-redskins-guard-shawn-lauvao/
_________________


Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
killacam


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 376
Location: Tucson, AZ
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disgusting
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 7696
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh.
_________________

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 20 tackles, 1 FF, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 14 catches, 150 rec yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 20287
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all of the interior line guys to go after early, this one is a head scratcher. Maybe he fits really well, but I don't get it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64238
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big powerful nasty, mauler we need at the guard spot of our soft interior offensive line.

I like it. Gruden knows him because they played in the same division. I trust Gruden in that he knows this is the big, strong and tough guard he needs for his running game.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TKellion


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 1258
Location: Las Vegas Nevada
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I saw on him said decent pass blocker and sketchy in run blocking. Not thrilled with it Twisted Evil
_________________
Posts: 666=Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Marcus21


Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 1199
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have read this dude is an excellent pass protector but struggles in run blocking esp trying to get to the second level!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 15059
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link I posted should help alleviate a few concerns.
_________________


Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 7696
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
The link I posted should help alleviate a few concerns.
That is a really long article...
_________________

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 20 tackles, 1 FF, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 14 catches, 150 rec yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 15880
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Big powerful nasty, mauler we need at the guard spot of our soft interior offensive line.

I like it. Gruden knows him because they played in the same division. I trust Gruden in that he knows this is the big, strong and tough guard he needs for his running game.


He is none if the above. That is 13 mil to much for him. Guard is a big hole for Cleveland and he could not hold down a starting spot for us. Sorry
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64238
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Big powerful nasty, mauler we need at the guard spot of our soft interior offensive line.

I like it. Gruden knows him because they played in the same division. I trust Gruden in that he knows this is the big, strong and tough guard he needs for his running game.


He is none if the above. That is 13 mil to much for him. Guard is a big hole for Cleveland and he could not hold down a starting spot for us. Sorry
Ok. Well we'll see what can be done under some better coaching in DC with Forester.

He made Kory L, Montgomery, Chester and Polumbus a respectable OL which was known as one of the best run blocking offensive likes in the NFL.

All we heard from Ravens fans when we signed Chester in 2011 was how horrible he was, well all he did was go out and have two great years in 2011 & 12 before hitting a wall last year.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 20287
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
The link I posted should help alleviate a few concerns.
That is a really long article...


Your "TL;DR" is too long to read. Wink Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 20287
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hogshaven.com/2014/3/14/5507248/hazards-huddle-og-shawn-lauvao-vs-cincinnati-bengals

Quote:
When watching Lauvao, you certainly get a mixed bag. He's good one play and poor the next. He needs to work on his consistency. At this point, hes a better pass blocker than he is a run blocker but is that a surprise? Gruden likes to throw the ball a lot and keeping Robert Griffin III healthy is his main priority. It seems like a lot of money for what Lauvao has put on the field so far, but he's young and plays with a mean streak. Shawn Lauvao has not hit his ceiling yet and it looks like Bruce Allen and company are banking on the coaches to get the most out of him.


That's the takeaway so, MKnight82, you don't have to read it if you don't want to Wink Laughing. However, if you want to see four good plays for Lauvao and four bad plays (all from the same game), head on over for a good breakdown. A mix of run and pass plays too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 15059
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
http://www.hogshaven.com/2014/3/14/5507248/hazards-huddle-og-shawn-lauvao-vs-cincinnati-bengals

Quote:
When watching Lauvao, you certainly get a mixed bag. He's good one play and poor the next. He needs to work on his consistency. At this point, hes a better pass blocker than he is a run blocker but is that a surprise? Gruden likes to throw the ball a lot and keeping Robert Griffin III healthy is his main priority. It seems like a lot of money for what Lauvao has put on the field so far, but he's young and plays with a mean streak. Shawn Lauvao has not hit his ceiling yet and it looks like Bruce Allen and company are banking on the coaches to get the most out of him.


That's the takeaway so, MKnight82, you don't have to read it if you don't want to Wink Laughing. However, if you want to see four good plays for Lauvao and four bad plays (all from the same game), head on over for a good breakdown. A mix of run and pass plays too.


Yup. Literally just saw this in Twitter and looked at it.
_________________


Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big44dog


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 930
Location: New York
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The optimist. Let's remember this guy was in a division with some fierce pass rushes/ defenses in Bal, Pitt, and Cincy, and he's been on easily the worst team in the division. Hard to get it going every play when your 2- whatever and Haloti Ngata is breathing on you. He's battle tested.

he had to block for the slowest release in football in Jason Campbell

Gruden knows him

The pessimist. 17 mil for a guy CLE didn't want???
_________________
. Mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group