Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Welcome to Washington - Andre Roberts - WR
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Welcome to Washington - Andre Roberts - WR Reply with quote

Catching up on these to further individualized discussion of the player.

Andre Roberts signed away from Arizona on Day 1 of FA.

4yrs/$16M with $8M guaranteed

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24477861/wr-andre-roberts-agrees-to-deal-with-redskins

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
MikeT14

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of the STer LB, this is the only signing i've really liked

- mike23md on the sig!
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Roberts as a player, but I feel like we could have waited a couple of days and gotten him cheaper.
TKellion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
I like Roberts as a player, but I feel like we could have waited a couple of days and gotten him cheaper.
This sums it up pretty good
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's going to prove to be a great pick up. He's a type of guy who's on the cusp of breaking out like Garçon was after his 2010 season.

Roberts has just been stuck down on the depth chart in AZ and has only been used as a slot receiver.

As a #2, he's going to get more opportunities to shine. I love this signing, and RG3 loves it also - which matters! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
big44dog

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I think he's going to prove to be a great pick up. He's a type of guy who's on the cusp of breaking out like Garçon was after his 2010 season.

Roberts has just been stuck down on the depth chart in AZ and has only been used as a slot receiver.

As a #2, he's going to get more opportunities to shine. I love this signing, and RG3 loves it also - which matters! Cool

I think the plan is for him to be a slot here also. I'd love for them to add a big WR on the outside
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big44dog wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I think the plan is for him to be a slot here also. I'd love for them to add a big WR on the outside
I think a little bit of slot, but he said the reason he came here was they told him he could play both.

Other teams only wanted him as a slot wr, and he didn't want that. He can do both.

I still think Moss will primarily be our slot wr
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
big44dog wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I think a little bit of slot, but he said the reason he came here was they told him he could play both.

Other teams only wanted him as a slot wr, and he didn't want that. He can do both.

Moss might not even make the team. Also doesn't really fit Gruden's mold.

I expect us to draft a WR at 34 to play outside on 3 WR sets and to kick Roberts inside on those downs. He'll probably play almost every snap at the slot, but also play out side when we're running 2 WR sets.
Dashing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He a good price considering decker the only guy worth looking at hakeem and britt and rice are injury guys and Tate is an ok player.

Roberts is a guy who can be st and is a good alot player with good hands and route skills we needed that.
killacam

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know about Roberts as a blocker. Garçon is a willing and good blocker! What about Roberts!!?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
big44dog wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I expect us to draft a WR at 34 to play outside on 3 WR sets and to kick Roberts inside on those downs. He'll probably play almost every snap at the slot, but also play out side when we're running 2 WR sets.
How does moss not fit Gruden's slot WR mold?

Andrew Hawkins/Dane Sansenbacher...

Shorter, slot wrs who are quick players and can get open in tight spaces.

I swear you guys just make things up sometimes to prove how Moss shouldn't be here or he can't play anymore.

At least come with something true like he dropped too many passes last year - that's true!
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killacam wrote:
Anybody know about Roberts as a blocker. Garçon is a willing and good blocker! What about Roberts!!?
I don't knew much about his blocking but he did say he's very comfortable returning punts yesterday. So, if he has to, that's a good thing.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killacam wrote:

Don't know about his blocking either, but he apparently has no fear going across the middle and taking shots. So, I have to believe he wouldn't mind returning the favor.
big44dog

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
killacam wrote:

Don't know about his blocking either, but he apparently has no fear going across the middle and taking shots. So, I have to believe he wouldn't mind returning the favor.

It could be said he had no fear going over middle because no one was there to cover him. Opposing defenses were surely worried about Fitz and Mike Floyd over Roberts. Make no mistake this WR corps is far from complete. With the other additions in FA I now have no beef taking a WR at 34. Hopefully a guy that has a good deal of size for the red zone. I won't get into names bc this thread is about Roberts.
Anyone know if this cat can return kicks?
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
big44dog wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

How does moss not fit Gruden's slot WR mold?

Andrew Hawkins/Dane Sansenbacher...

Shorter, slot wrs who are quick players and can get open in tight spaces.

I swear you guys just make things up sometimes to prove how Moss shouldn't be here or he can't play anymore.

At least come with something true like he dropped too many passes last year - that's true!

Making things up? Hawkins added so much more versatility which is why he was used more often. He could be lined up as RB or even the QB when necessary. Can't really use Sansenbacher because he just didn't get play.

Moss got by by being clutch with his grabs and being able to beat anyone deep. He's got bad hands now and has seemingly lost all his "clutch" ability. What does he actually bring to the table besides being a vet for a young corp?

I have no faith in Moss lining up anymore like I use to, he's just gotten old. It happens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: