Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans Sign QB Clipboard Jesus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EddieGeorge27 wrote:
Why? What is the point of this

FAITH MY SON! I come so you too shall win!
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
BurheadTitans wrote:
Details per Wyatt;

$4 million base value, $2 million guaranteed, and $4 million in incentives.

If that's correct, he'll probably count about 1.5M on the cap this year...

1M SB (guaranteed)
1M salary in '14 (guaranteed)
2M salary in '15
2M incentives in 14 (to be counted on '15 cap if reached)
2M incentives in 15 (to be counted on '16 cap if reached)

If it ends up being a 1 year deal, he gets 2M total, 1.5M cap hit this year and would carry only a 0.5M dead hit next year...

I don't like the signing, but that 2yr 8M deal is not to be believed. Actual numbers aren't as bad.

That makes sense. Fitz is around 4 million against the cap for us this year (I haven't looked at the actual number in months).
Justin615$

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way too much money. That is ridiculous. Not a very good player. Deserves the veteran minimum. Do not like this signing at all.

Edit:
Quote:
Paul Kuharsky
So half of the $8M for Whitehurst is incentives, per @jwyattsports. Two years, $4M with $2M guaranteed. Better.

A little better but still, this guy might see the field if Fitz is cut which seems likely.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 70 TKLS, 3 SACKS, 2 INTS, 2 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 11 TKLS, 0 SACKS
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would've rather took a gamble on Vick for that kind of money to be honest.

Credit to Sandwich for the signature!
2014 Adopt-A-Titan: Delanie Walker & Taylor Lewan
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerenityNow wrote:

Vick may get more than that....

Props to Kempes ^
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
SerenityNow wrote:

Vick may get more than that....

If that was the market for Charlie Whitehurst then you're probably right... Still just seems like way too much money for a backup QB that hasn't really proven he can be a good spot starter in the league.

Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerenityNow wrote:

Based on what I've seen from Fitz last year, I know he's not the answer even as a backup. As far as I'm concerned, he's had more than enough time to shine last year and left me completely unimpressed, even for him. So I'm not the least bit upset about this signing at all. Maybe I will be later on, but for now, I'm good. I don't really know what to expect from Baby Jesus, but if anything, it at least spares me from having to see more of the same mediocre crap for another season.

With that being said, I have to agree with you about Vick. He wasn't on my radar at all. But if we're not planning on keeping Fitz around, I wouldn't mind having him on board. Yeah he's injury-prone like Jake, a turnover machine like Fitz, but he's exciting to watch and loves dogs.
Very Happy
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
SerenityNow wrote:

Based on what I've seen from Fitz last year, I know he's not the answer even as a backup. As far as I'm concerned, he's had more than enough time to shine last year and left me completely unimpressed, even for him. So I'm not the least bit upset about this signing at all. Maybe I will be later on, but for now, I'm good. I don't really know what to expect from Baby Jesus, but if anything, it at least spares me from having to see more of the same mediocre crap for another season.

With that being said, I have to agree with you about Vick. He wasn't on my radar at all. But if we're not planning on keeping Fitz around, I wouldn't mind having him on board. Yeah he's injury-prone like Jake, a turnover machine like Fitz, but he's exciting to watch and loves dogs.
Very Happy

Guys I am from the Philly area, and honestly Vick has little or nothing left....he has his speed and still throws hard but he is not accurate anymore and really struggles to stay on the field

Props to Kempes ^
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
SerenityNow wrote:

Very Happy

Honestly if Clipboard Jesus can just keep from throwing the ball to the other team in the 4th quarter to cost us games he should be a massive upgrade. Laughing

TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerenityNow wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
SerenityNow wrote:

Very Happy

Honestly if Clipboard Jesus can just keep from throwing the ball to the other team in the 4th quarter to cost us games he should be a massive upgrade. Laughing

It's post like this that'll make you realize how undervalued Fitz was last year.

He kept us in quite a few games. I know the fun thing to do is to harp on his seemingly inability to be clutch, but the guy is a backup QB.

This signing is a serious mistake for the reason that we're going to let Fitz go. If Locker gets hurt, we're completely [inappropriate/removed]. I at least now have faith in Fitz to come in and do decently for a couple games. Whitehurst? No.

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 5 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/78.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
Out for the year. Thanks for the great years, Roos.
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
SerenityNow wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
SerenityNow wrote:

Very Happy

It's post like this that'll make you realize how undervalued Fitz was last year.

He kept us in quite a few games. I know the fun thing to do is to harp on his seemingly inability to be clutch, but the guy is a backup QB.

This signing is a serious mistake for the reason that we're going to let Fitz go. If Locker gets hurt, we're completely [inappropriate/removed]. I at least now have faith in Fitz to come in and do decently for a couple games. Whitehurst? No.

I was semi joking in my post. I no doubt think that Whitehurst is a downgrade from Fitz, and I agree that we're really in trouble if Locker goes down again. Let's be honest though we're more than likely not winning much of anything whether Fitz is the starter or Whitehurst. I just hope that we draft a guy at some point that can seriously compete with Whitehurst for the #2 job preferably Brett Smith.

Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it makes perfect sense, they sign a guy and their rationale is he knows Whiz's offense. But really its so that if Locker stumbles we are guaranteed to have a top 5 pick.... Laughing Laughing

Props to Kempes ^
Ockham

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
Actually it makes perfect sense, they sign a guy and their rationale is he knows Whiz's offense. But really its so that if Locker stumbles we are guaranteed to have a top 5 pick.... Laughing Laughing

Yeah. The guy from Harvard with the record Wonderlic can't figure out a new offense.
Rolling Eyes

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
-Munch-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh.

I mean, he's a guy who's only thrown 155 passes in his entire 8 year NFL career. Including none since 2011. So there's an element of not knowing exactly what he might bring. Maybe he's gotten better and maybe he'll surprise some people and be a solid backup. I have no idea. I mean I've seen him play but personally have not analyzed his game at all. I like the signing in that sense. But it could go the other way and he'll throw 10 interceptions on his first 9 passes.

Bottom line, if Locker goes down we're screwed. Basically same deal as last year though.
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:

Yeah. The guy from Harvard with the record Wonderlic can't figure out a new offense.
Rolling Eyes
Real world intelligence doesn't really equal football intelligence. He's not really all that smart of a football player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: