Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vince Wilfork wants out of New England
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Vince Wilfork wants out of New England Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/13/vince-wilfork-wants-out-of-new-england/

Quote:
According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, Wilfork has asked the team for his release, after 10 seasons.

The team approached him once about restructuring his contract, but that didnít go far. Heís scheduled to make a base salary of $7.5 million this year, and count $11.6 million against the salary cap.

You want to upgrade the defensive line?

Well here's your opportunity. This is a guy I'd cut Bowen for, so that we can make room for his salary. His would be a huge upgrade even if he's not totally 100% next year coming off the achillies injury. He's only be a two down NT, and you'd move Cofield out to defensive end on first and second down.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a thread for "free agents we want to look at"...

Use that thread turtle. C'Mon, you know better.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:

Hes not a free agent and this deserves it's own thread. It's way bigger than free agency. Could be draft picks and it involves the best interior DL in the NFL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Hes not a free agent and this deserves it's own thread. It's way bigger than free agency. Could be draft picks and it involves the best interior DL in the NFL

If he is demanding his release, most likely he is going to be released, cause the Patriots dont care.

Where you get the idea of draft picks I am a bit lost on, I would not waste picks on him.

I cant see this being that big of a deal, especially cause it was mentioned in the free agents to look at thread.

Bruce is not going to sign him.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new format is stupid anyways. If you're not someone that lives on FF and has the ability to monitor 70 page threads you have no idea what is going on.

At the very least each new signing should be a new thread, this consolidated business is trash.

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

If he is demanding his release, most likely he is going to be released, cause the Patriots dont care.

Where you get the idea of draft picks I am a bit lost on, I would not waste picks on him.

I cant see this being that big of a deal, especially cause it was mentioned in the free agents to look at thread.

Bruce is not going to sign him.
I don't know, players always ask for releases but the Pats have the control and will be looking to shop him like the Saints did with Sproles and they ended up getting a 5th for him.

I think the reason we haven't done that much in free agency thus far, is because Bruce, Morroco & Haz haven't seen anyone they "love" or just "have to have". They haven't seen that player that will make a huge difference but isn't going to kill their cap space.
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In one word...NO!

He turns 33 this season.

He is coming off a injury filled season in which he played ONLY 4 games last season.

He wants out of New England because he doesn't want to play for less money

He is going to want a ton of money from us if we sign him.

He is the definition of CLASSIC REDSKINS SIGNING.

Basically he is old, past his prime, coming off an injury filled season, and wants a big pay day.

Really let these things sink in for a minute. This has the makings of a bust signing in the mold of an Albert Haynesworth type fiasco. I like this youth movement we have gone towards this offseason. We have signed players under 30 that are just hitting their prime to reasonable contracts. I would rather we stay with this trend.

I'm not opposed to signing Hatcher or Smith for the D-line as they will be much cheaper than Wilfork, and aren't making a huge stink about money/coming off an injury. I'm aware those 2 are old as well, but they have proven they still can play at a high level this past season.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
The new format is stupid anyways. If you're not someone that lives on FF and has the ability to monitor 70 page threads you have no idea what is going on.

At the very least each new signing should be a new thread, this consolidated business is trash.

Yep !
What's the deal w/ that ?? Is there only so much available space or something? Much easier to to keep up on individual threads on each new signing.. But that's just me ,, and YOU apparently !! Cool
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

It isn't stupid. Just look at the OP in the free agency thread. He keeps it up to date with all the signings.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

It isn't stupid. Just look at the OP in the free agency thread. He keeps it up to date with all the signings.
This isn't a signing though and it isn't a free agency opportunity yet.

It's a discussion about Vince Wilfork. If he comes available, will he? Would we consider trading a late round pick like the Saints and Eagles did for Sproles?

I got no problems with the free agency thread, not tracker, but sometimes things deserve their own thread.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

This isn't a signing though and it isn't a free agency opportunity yet.

It's a discussion about Vince Wilfork. If he comes available, will he? Would we consider trading a late round pick like the Saints and Eagles did for Sproles?

I got no problems with the free agency thread, not tracker, but sometimes things deserve their own thread.

Like Santana Moss re-signed ,,but that got LOCKED>>I know he was a
F A,,But he was one of OUR F A's that had been here 10 years ..!
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

Good point. I'll start one for each of the major ones. I was trying to avoid 3 threads opening by three different people about the same FA signing. I'm trying to keep it down to a reasonable amount of threads given that Webby likes us to keep duplicate threads from opening and the same discussions in multiple threads.

But yeah, I'll go ahead and open up the threads for each player.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

Good point. I'll start one for each of the major ones. I was trying to avoid 3 threads opening by three different people about the same FA signing. I'm trying to keep it down to a reasonable amount of threads given that Webby likes us to keep duplicate threads from opening and the same discussions in multiple threads.

That's all I ask, you're a man of the people Thai

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
markrc99

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote: "He turns 33 this season. He is coming off a injury filled season in which he played ONLY 4 games last season. ... He is the definition of CLASSIC REDSKINS SIGNING."

Laughing Yeah, and he weighs how much? Probably no one actually knows for sure. New England is hard-balling him, holding him until there isn't any market, then they'll release him. Hatcher or perhaps Buffalo's Kyle Williams would be better choices. A guy deep in Green Bay's rotation who can push the pocket is C.J. Wilson. Corey Wootten won't be cleared until July, so he may be willing to sign a one-year deal. At OT, a player a lot like Bruce Campbell is Charles Brown. He too came out in 2010, pretty raw & struggled w/injuries early on. Got his chance at LT last year and at times played well. After struggling vs Robert Quinn, he lost his starting position to rookie Terron Armstead. Brown still has upside and the Redskins could move him to the less demanding right side. Has more experience than Campbell & could probably be signed to a similar contract.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

That's all I ask, you're a man of the people Thai

Yeah, sorry. The goal was to foster discussion with one clearinghouse thread. But if its having the opposite effect, I'll rectify it.

Sorry guys. My first FA as a mod. I walk on water when its frozen

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: