Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Free-Agency Frenzy Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zappa13004

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Post Free-Agency Frenzy Mock Draft Reply with quote

1 Houston : J.Clowney DE South Carolina

Sure they need a QB but i think they won't pass on Clowney, especially after seing both Smith and Mitchell leaving.

2 St Louis : S.Watkins WR Clemson

Everyone, i mean everyone have Robinson here. But i'm wondering why the Rams would take an OT at #2 ? They signed a big contract to Jake Long one year ago. Teams aren't afraid anymore to select a RT that high (Lane Johnson at #4 last year) but Barksdale was fine last year and i bet one of the big three (Robinson, Matthews and Lewan) will be available at #13 because there's plenty of teams without a need at (Cleveland, Tampa, Minny, Detroit).
You know about « smokecreens », they said they won't add another young wideout and since, nobody's talking about it. Watkins is a tremendous difference maker and that's what they need (more than an OT).

3 Jacksonville : T.Bridgewater QB Louisville

Mack is out of question with Babin resigned, Chris Clemons signed and Branch still there. The need for a QB is high and Bridgewater is the best of that class.

4 Cleveland : J.Manziel QB Texas A&M

If Watkins were available i think they'd go that route and waiting for their #26 to select a QB (Carr?). But Watkins' gone in that scenario so who can they take ? Mack looks like the BPA but with lots of money invested on Kruger and last year high 1st round pick used on Mingo i doubt they'll take him. With Joe Thomas they do not need a tackle and Schwartz is good enough at RT. So it is between two Aggies, Manziel or Mike Evans. In term of positionnal value the QB win the spot and what if Carr is selected by Arizona or a team trading back in the 1st before them ?

5 Oakland : K.Mack OLB Buffalo

Unless they add Woodley through FA, Khalil Mack is a better option than Bortles here. But do not forget who's in charge, McKenzie has a tendency to make surprise picks (Carr?Donald?). My Next update i'll change that pick, more and more i think Aaron Donald will be the pick.

6 Atlanta : G.Robinson OT Auburn

They said they wanted to improve the lines : T.Jackson, Soliai and Asamoah joined the team. So they can take the BPA route and Robinson is the guy. Baker and his big contract will man the left but Robinson would be an upgrade on the right side, Holmes becoming the swing tackle. Baker not being elite could be released next year if Robinson shows enough improvement to be their LT.

7 Tampa Bay : M.Evans WR Texas A&M

Watkins would be a better complement for V.Jax but he is gone yet. Lovie had two monsters wideouts in his system in Chicago with Marshall and Jeffery.

8 Minnesota : B.Bortles QB UCF

Not sold on him yet and considering the failure from a past reach (Ponder) the best scenario would be a trade down which is possible with Matthews, Lewan, Barr and Donald on the board. But for now, that guy showed good things in college and at the combine and the Vikings need a QB for the future. Matt Cassell will probably be the starter giving time to Bortles to learn.

9 Buffalo : Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M

If Mike Evans were available i'd go that route considering the need for a big wideout ; Cordy Glenn is good enough but Matthews is better. Glenn has the size to be a rock solid right tackle but Matthews also has the versatility to play both sides.

10 Detroit : J.Gilbert CB Oklahoma St
Lewan is enticing in term of value but Reiff and Waddle have done a good job since mid-season. Ebron would help too but Gilbert has too much to offer with his size and speed to defend in the NFC North (Patterson, Nelson, Marshall, Jeffery). He also brings value to the special team.

11 Tennessee : A.Barr OLB UCLA

I really like Donald and i think he could fit in Tennessee but Barr is what they're looking for switching to a 34 and with Spanos hired by the Titans i do not see them passing if he's available.

12 NY Giants : A.Donald DT PIttsburgh

Both Dennard and Ebron would help but like the Ravens, the Giants are known for being patient on draft day and select best player available. Jenkins is aging and with Joseph gone, Donald could be the perfect complement for the future to big Jo Hankins they selected last year. Lewan is a very solid option too but Beatty has signed a long term contract so it is to play on the left side, Pugh playing on the right. To slide Pugh inside is not the best solution to me as he's young and a change of position won't help him much.

13 St Louis : T.Lewan OT MIchigan

Lewan is a steal at this point ! He's a top 5 prospect in every draft but that one.

14 Chicago : D.Dennard CB Michigan St

They need to add youth at CB.

15 Pittsburgh : E.Ebron TE UNC

Heath Miller still good but he's 31 and Ebron looks like special. A two TEs set with those two would help that offense especially if Sanders go elsewhere.

16 Dallas : CJ.Mosley LB Alabama

Lee is great but Carter wasn't very good and a tandem Lee-Mosley would be tremendous.

17 Baltimore : C.Pryor S Louisville

Ihedigbo gone, Pryor could be paired with Elam.

18 NY Jets : O.Beckham WR LSU

Even with Eric Decker on the team they still could use help in that area. Beckham has nice speed and the skills to be a very good #2.

19 Miami : Z.Martin OL Notre Dame

Martin could play LG next to Albert giving great protection to Tannehill or maybe RT.

20 Arizona : L.Nix NT Notre Dame

I think his knees are in good shape and if he can control his weight he's the next Vince Wilfork. He'd look good with Campbell and Dockett around him.

21 Green-Bay : H.Clinton-Dix S Alabama

They had need at safety and more again with Jennings leaving.

22 Philadelphia : D.Ford OLB Auburn

They need depth at the position and with T.Cole aging they'd better prepare the future.

23 Kansas City : B.Cooks WR Oregon St

Receiver with great speed to complement D.Bowe

24 Cincinnati : M.Moses OT Virginia

With Withworth now a guard and Collins playing in Florida, Moses looks like a logical choice for the Bengals. He has size and very good feet to play on the left side of the line.

25 San Diego : J.Verrett CB TCU

He lacks ideal size at 5-9 but he has speed, he likes to play phisycal and with a slot wideout like Welker in the division he certainly could help.

26 Cleveland : M.Lee WR USC

Athletic wideout to pair with Gordon.

27 New Orleans : K.Fuller CB Virginia Tech

Keenan Lewis is one starter, who's the second one ?

28 Carolina : J.Matthews WR Vanderbilt

Cam Newton will throw the ball to ??? Oh wait, McNutt and King are his best options for now. Matthews had great production in the SEC and showed better speed than expected at the combine, looks like a legit #1 wideout.

29 New England : T.Jernigan DT Florida St

Watching their playoff game versus the Broncos it was obvious than improving their Dline is a must. Chandler is a very capable RDE with probowl potential but with Wilfork gone they have to improve the middle of that Dline.

30 San Francisco : K.Benjamin WR Florida St

A wideout for the future. Kaep will get paid to play there a decade, they'll give time to him to adjust his game to the pro level but his potential is yet undeniable.

31 Denver : D.Yankey G Stanford

After loosing Beadles to the Jags, the Broncos select the best guard of that draft to solidify the Oline.

32 Seattle : K.Ealy DE Missouri

They have Bennett back and Cliff Avril but they lose rotation with Clemons and Bryant gone. Ealy can provide solid depth.

Round 2

1 Houston : D.Carr QB Fresno St

2 Washington : J.Ward S Northern Illinois

3 Cleveland : X.Sua Filo G UCLA

4 Oakland : R.Hageman DT Minnesota

5 Atlanta Falcons : A.Sefarian-Jenkins TE Washington

6 Tampa Bay  : G.Jackson G Miss St

7 Jacksonville : R.Shazier LB Ohio St

8 Vikings : K.Van Noy LB BYU

9 Buffalo : A.Robinson WR Penn St

10 Tennessee  : C.Kouandjo OT Alabama

11 NY Giants  : B.Roby CB Ohio St

12 St Louis Rams  : C.Richardson G Baylor

13 Detroit : S.Tuitt DE Notre Dame

14 Pittsburgh Steelers : D.Adams WR Fresno St

15 Dallas Cowboys  : D.Jones DT Penn St

16 :Baltimore Ravens  : A.Richardson OT Tennessee

17 NY Jets  : J.Amaro TE Texas Tech

18 Miami Dolphins  : T.Mason RB Auburn

19 Chicago Bears : D.Easley DT Florida

20 Arizona Cardinals  : M.Smith LB Louisville

21 Green-Bay Packers : T.Murphy LB Stanford

22 Philadelphia Eagles  : M.Roberson CB Florida

23 Cincinnati Bengals : T.Swanson C Arkansas

24 San Francisco 49ers : L.Joyner DB Florida St

25 San Diego Chargers : J.Attaochu OLB Georgia Tech

26 New Orleans Saints  : W.Richburg C Colorado St

27  Indianapolis Colts : J.Landry WR LSU

28 Carolina Panthers : C.Fleming OT Stanford

29 San Francisco 49ers : M.Martin C USC

30 New England Patriots : T.Niklas TE Notre Dame

31 Denver Broncos : C.Borland LB Wisconsin

32 Seattle Seahawks : M.Bryant WR Clemson

Last edited by zappa13004 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Free-Agency Frenzy Mock Draft Reply with quote

zappa13004 wrote:

[b]3 Jacksonville : T.Bridgewater QB Louisville

Mack is out of question with Babin resigned, Chris Clemons signed and Branch still there. The need for a QB is high and Bridgewater is the best of that class.

Happy with Teddy, but the bold portion of you explanation cannot be further from the truth. You can never have too many quality pass rushers, and so if Mack is the top guy on the board, he could be the pick.
boondock

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Mathews to the Panthers.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bortles & Van Noy, love that combo.

djw4bucs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really Like it Very Happy

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 8 Catches 91 Yards
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Falcons set this game to Rookie and the Bucs are being controlled by Hellen Keller.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitworth moved inside due to injury. he is our starting LT this year. I would prefer a CB like Verrett instead of Moses

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
tonkavikes27

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
Bortles & Van Noy, love that combo.

Yeah couldn't complain with those selections

Vikings Dream Draft:
1. Mack/Mosley
2. Joyner
3. Mettenberger
3. Billy Turner
4. Justin Ellis
PatriotBeast

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hageman over Jernigan personally

2nd rd perfect
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid pick for the Titans

Props to Kempes ^
zappa13004

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Whitworth moved inside due to injury. he is our starting LT this year. I would prefer a CB like Verrett instead of Moses
Really ? I thought he was due to his age..If he goes back to LT, sure a CB would be ideal.
zappa13004

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Free-Agency Frenzy Mock Draft Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
zappa13004 wrote:

[b]3 Jacksonville : T.Bridgewater QB Louisville

Happy with Teddy, but the bold portion of you explanation cannot be further from the truth. You can never have too many quality pass rushers, and so if Mack is the top guy on the board, he could be the pick.
AT least you probably happy with these moves : Hood, Bryant, Clemons, Watson, Babin back...Your front 7 really improved.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you're right

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the Browns going with Manziel with Bortles on the board.

Vince Lombardi
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robinson scares me and we cant afford to risk taking a guy that unproven. With the depth at WR id much rather take Amaro a TE that we really need.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awful.

Verrett and Marcus Martin would be much better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: