Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How confident are you in Duron Harmon as a starting safety?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What should we do with the SS position?
Add a mid-tier FA to back up Harmon
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Draft a SS in the early rounds to start next season
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Draft a SS in the mid rounds to compete and back up Harmon
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
I am fine with a Wilson/Harmon tandem
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

ICB 45

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: How confident are you in Duron Harmon as a starting safety? Reply with quote

I have noticed a few posts in various threads regarding Harmon and confidence in his ability to start alongside Devin McCourty. I just wanted to get more forum opinions on what people think his future is in New England and how we should address the position in free agency and/or the draft. Of course, there is also Adrian Wilson, although it remains to be seen if he will be released or not.

Personally, I am not yet sold on Harmon and would've liked someone like TJ Ward in free agency, but I think that the position is now pretty thin with major players off the board early. I would honestly consider drafting someone like Jimmie Ward in the first round as well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: How confident are you in Duron Harmon as a starting safe Reply with quote

ICB 45 wrote:
I have noticed a few posts in various threads regarding Harmon and confidence in his ability to start alongside Devin McCourty. I just wanted to get more forum opinions on what people think his future is in New England and how we should address the position in free agency and/or the draft. Of course, there is also Adrian Wilson, although it remains to be seen if he will be released or not.

Personally, I am not yet sold on Harmon and would've liked someone like TJ Ward in free agency, but I think that the position is now pretty thin with major players off the board early. I would honestly consider drafting someone like Jimmie Ward in the first round as well.
I have a completely different feeling with Harman. IMO he will be as good as Mccorty. I was really impressed with skills and intelligence. Great surprise after the Wilson fiasco. I like Ward however I would throw a TV out the window if we pick any safety in the 1st round. I like T Brooks later in draft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8yfj8MpI-A

Quote:
Really wouldn't be a fan of any secondary players in the first two rounds, gotta build up the trenches on both sides.
Exactly Hunt

Last edited by m haynes on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:39 am; edited 2 times in total
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me a mid-tier FA like Chris Clemons, Nate Allen, Taylor Mays, even bring back Ihedigbo to push him in camp. But from what we saw last year, I think he'll win the job and do a fine job next to McCourty.

Really wouldn't be a fan of any secondary players in the first two rounds, gotta build up the trenches on both sides.

Deadpulse on the sig
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confident that he is capable of being roughly average. That should be good enough.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
I'm confident that he is capable of being roughly average. That should be good enough.

The thing that impressed me about Harmon as a rookie was his anticipation.

Always seemed to get a good break on the ball, something many safeties don't do and never learn. I think he can be an effective in a cover-2 zone because of that.

The big question for me with him isn't is if he plays next to McCourty, can he cover tight ends? He looks kind of stiff to me.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
terbo559

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well having Revis locking up one side will make things easier for our safeties. I'm confident moving forward with him.

Last edited by terbo559 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not as confident as I would be if they had Browner in the mix.
PoWww

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Not as confident as I would be if they had Browner in the mix.

I think this is their plan. A secondary of Revis, Browner, McCourty and Dennard. Throw Harmon, Ryan, and Arrington in the mix and that's a nice secondary.

^Deadpulse
TomRalph wrote:
Looking forward to a Top 10 pick this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: