Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Byron Stingily and Derrick Morgan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Byron Stingily and Derrick Morgan Reply with quote

Didn't know where to post this so made a new thread....lol

These are two players that have sparked some debate on how they fit going forward.

Went back and watched the Texans game on DVR.

"Sting" as I am now calling him..lol Didn't do a bad job. He pushed some guys around, he stonewalled rushers consitently. He was passing off stunting players. He was a good RT. He most def wasn't a sore thumb.

Then I looked closely at Morgan and how he was moving. He was chasing down the backside..Staying home on plays he was unblocked, similar to how an OLB would.
He didn't look clumsy as he changed directions.

I know majority of the forum doesn't feel like he fits the look and skill set of an OLB, I disagree. I think he can do it.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always felt that Morgan could be a bigger 3-4 OLB in the mold of a Lamar Woodley or Tamba Hali. I, for one, am not ready to trade or give up on Morgan.
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Stingley to get a opportunity to start at RT. I liked him when they drafted him out of Lousiville. However, I want him to have competition.

Morgan should be on the team this year. I do not think he should be traded. Where he should play(DE or OLB), I am not sure?

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stingily should start at RT, imo.

I think Morgan could be brought on to rush in certain situations and if we run 4-3 looks which could be possibly since Whiz said we will be a "hybrid." Definitely don't think he should be traded.
Kendall Wright - 25 catches 223 yards, 3TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've said it for months that Stingily should start at RT. He's started four games and had one bad play in those four starts, and that's what most people remember about him so they don't see his value.

I honestly think he would have been an improvement over Stewart last season.

He was Sport's Illustrated's steal of the draft.

I've voiced my opinion that I do not feel like Morgan fits as a 3-4 DE although a majority seem to disagree. If he can be used as a rusher 90% of the time I would be more comfortable with him as a 3-4 OLB than a 3-4 DE.

I really wanted Arthur Jones to play 3-4 DE for us, but seeing the contract he got from Indy I'm just fine with Pitoitua and Casey at 3-4 DE.

Maybeeeeee Morgan is a player we can move around as a 4-3 DE, 3-4 OLB, and 3-4 DE in pass rushing situations. Moving him inside, outside, standing up, hand in the dirt... that would give him opportunities to go against different offensive lineman from down to down, never letting one person get accustomed to blocking him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: