Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars sign Chris Clemons
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Jaguars sign Chris Clemons Reply with quote

Quote:
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 3m

DE Chris Clemons has agreed to terms with the Jacksonville Jaguars. Will sign the deal today.

If you want to merge this it's fine, but I think this is close to one of our bigger signings so I thought it should get it's own thread.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hays Carlyon ‏@HaysCarlyon 6m

RT @LRiddickESPN: Chris Clemons currently taking his physical w/#Jaguars. Seamless fit, great addition.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All deeze signings making it easier to justify taking Teddy. Wink

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
This has definitely crossed my mind.
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

Yeah, I think we still definitely add 1-2 LEO's in the draft, but with Clemons, the emergence and hopefully continued progression from Branch, etc...I just am not sure we'd take a LEO at 3. I could still see Mack possibly, but these signings sure do point towards at QB imo.

Not sure they'd eliminate players on their board or favor positions due to FA, but I do think the chances of a QB have certainly increased.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@LRiddickESPN: DE Chris Clemons: 4yrs/$18M w/upside to $22.5M via sacks/PT. #Jaguars

#JDI
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhh my thread was first

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Quote:
@LRiddickESPN: DE Chris Clemons: 4yrs/$18M w/upside to $22.5M via sacks/PT. #Jaguars

Love the contract.

And yeah, I just thought that him actually signing was worth it's own thread. Like I said, if people think that thread would be better, we could merge. Thought this was a pretty high profile signing though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Quote:

Love the contract.

And yeah, I just thought that him actually signing was worth it's own thread. Like I said, if people think that thread would be better, we could merge. Thought this was a pretty high profile signing though.

thread said reserved for when we sign him

Flux will remember this and Buzz will pay

Buzz will pay

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Quote:

Love the contract.

thread said reserved for when we sign him

Flux will remember this and Buzz will pay

Buzz will pay

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Not to be a -, but this really doesn't point to anything specific other than giving us further flexibility in the draft. We also, you know, resigned Henne as the starter. As Gus said the other day, we're just trying to cover as many of our needs in FA so we can stick to drafting the BPA instead of being forced to draft based on needs. And I would be shocked if Clowney and Mack are not higher on our board than Bridgewater.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Not to be a -, but this really doesn't point to anything specific other than giving us further flexibility in the draft. We also, you know, resigned Henne as the starter. As Gus said the other day, we're just trying to cover as many of our needs in FA so we can stick to drafting the BPA instead of being forced to draft based on needs. And I would be shocked if Clowney and Mack are not higher on our board than Bridgewater.
...was a joke...

And I'm as high on Mack as anybody. Still don't see how you can have him ahead of Teddy to the point of being shocked that a team would view it differently.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Vino

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Vino wrote:
iPwn wrote:
...was a joke...

And I'm as high on Mack as anybody. Still don't see how you can have him ahead of Teddy to the point of being shocked that a team would view it differently.
C'mon, that wasn't a joke Laughing

And Mack is just clearly a superior player...to me. Was more dominant at his position, and will be an instant impact player and can cover up a multitude of holes on our defense instantly, and while he's not a complete freak like Clowney, he's a really freakish athlete in his own right. I don't see the argument for Bridgewater being better, but then again I'm just not as high on him as you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Vino wrote:
iPwn wrote:
...was a joke...

And Mack is just clearly a superior player...to me. Was more dominant at his position, and will be an instant impact player and can cover up a multitude of holes on our defense instantly, and while he's not a complete freak like Clowney, he's a really freakish athlete in his own right. I don't see the argument for Bridgewater being better, but then again I'm just not as high on him as you.

While Mack played very well vs Ohio St and is my #3 rated prospect, he should dominate his position more, the SEC>>>>>>whatever conference buffalo was in

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Vino wrote:
iPwn wrote:
...was a joke...

So was Manziel, then Clowney.

Excited to see who you want next week. Bridgewater is a QB. That alone makes him better by virtue of being vastly more important in the game of football.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: