Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We Don't Go QB at 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I will be part of the minority on this one. I think that your team gets better when you truly draft the BPA regardless of position.

If Farmer thinks that Robinson is a future HOF Tackle and he really believes that, then you draft him if there isn't a player that he believes will have more of an impact.

Games are won up front on both sides of the ball and obviously the caveat is that you also need a very good QB.

The Browns do not have one and that certainly would trump taking an Olineman if you believe that he will be very good.

If that QB is not there at pick number 4 (in his opinion), then why would you then force it? We have potentially 3 solid OLB in Kruger, Sheard and Mingo, but not many are against the idea of taking Clowney.

We have an excellent WR in Josh Gordon (a true no. 1) and not many are against the idea of drafting Watkins.

If Farmer thinks that Robinson is awesome and will one day take over as our starting LT when Joe is gone, then I am not sure what all the fuss is about. You draft who you believe is the best player that will have the most positive impact on your team for now and years to come.

btw....with the rookie salary scale, it doesn't hurt so much paying a RT in his initial contract.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
I guess I will be part of the minority on this one. I think that your team gets better when you truly draft the BPA regardless of position.

If Farmer thinks that Robinson is a future HOF Tackle and he really believes that, then you draft him if there isn't a player that he believes will have more of an impact.

Games are won up front on both sides of the ball and obviously the caveat is that you also need a very good QB.

The Browns do not have one and that certainly would trump taking an Olineman if you believe that he will be very good.

If that QB is not there at pick number 4 (in his opinion), then why would you then force it? We have potentially 3 solid OLB in Kruger, Sheard and Mingo, but not many are against the idea of taking Clowney.

We have an excellent WR in Josh Gordon (a true no. 1) and not many are against the idea of drafting Watkins.

If Farmer thinks that Robinson is awesome and will one day take over as our starting LT when Joe is gone, then I am not sure what all the fuss is about. You draft who you believe is the best player that will have the most positive impact on your team for now and years to come.

btw....with the rookie salary scale, it doesn't hurt so much paying a RT in his initial contract.

id rather have mack, the guy who didnt quit his final year of college because he was afraid of not getting paid

SCARED MONEY DONT MAKE MONEY
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:

id rather have mack, the guy who didnt quit his final year of college because he was afraid of not getting paid

SCARED MONEY DONT MAKE MONEY

I would personally rather have Watkins or Mack. I will also take the hard-worker with great talent over a potential slacker with awesome talent (Clowney)

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

only way I'd be okay with taking OT there is if our plan was to get younger at the position and some team was offering us a big time trade where we would be getting a high first and another second or third for Thomas. If we take an OT to start at RT we will remain bad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:

because both #2 WR and #3 pass rusher (or really, #2 pass rusher because Kruger isn't that great and Sheard is probably on his way out) are both more important and more influential on the outcome of a game then RT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:

because both #2 WR and #3 pass rusher (or really, #2 pass rusher because Kruger isn't that great and Sheard is probably on his way out) are both more important and more influential on the outcome of a game then RT

Does a LT have more influence on the outcome of a game than #2 WR and # 2 OLB? Just curious.

Anyways.... I would love to see your rankings of positional value. (just kidding....sarcasm)

With the emergence of some of the LDE in the league, the importance of RT has gotten stronger. I also stated that the RT was the LT of the future.

I'm not advocating Robinson or Matthews at 4, but I am not gonna go bananas like half the forum if we do.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't believe i read two pages about drafting a right tackle at #4. are we running out of things to talk about?

EZ made all of the points needed to be made.

only thing i would like to add is this:

assuming the Browns do NOT draft a QB at #4(I REALLY hope they do), wouldn't trading back and acquiring an extra pick or two make the most sense?

Seven picks in the top 100? would be pretty amazeballs.

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
bruceb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:

Does a LT have more influence on the outcome of a game than #2 WR and # 2 OLB? Just curious.

Anyways.... I would love to see your rankings of positional value. (just kidding....sarcasm)

With the emergence of some of the LDE in the league, the importance of RT has gotten stronger. I also stated that the RT was the LT of the future.

I'm not advocating Robinson or Matthews at 4, but I am not gonna go bananas like half the forum if we do.

Agree.

Would kill two birds with one stone.

And we still would have plenty of ammo to pick a WR, RB, QB, ILB and DB in this draft.
mark83

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:
Willing to take the heat on Robinson but not a big fan of taking Watkins at 4 unlike some. As for Jimmy G I'm big fan but Id much rather have Bridgewater who I truly think is the safest pick in this draft. So I pose the question anyone else other than Watkins if we don't QB at 4

I don't get the idea that we aren't going to go QB at 4. There are rumors we are trying to trade for a QB. So if we had that much faith in Hoyer and his 1 leg why would we try to trade (or make phone calls about a possible trade) for a QB?

Also I don't like Watkins at 4 either and I am tired of "waiting and seeing what we have in our QBs". Yet other teams out there cut bait and go after their QB we stick with guys like Hoyer, Frye, Colt McCoy, Derek Anderson, Kelly Holcomb, Seneca Wallace, Jake Delhomme instead of drafting "our guy"

There are probably 6-12 QBs in this draft that have a better skillset than Hoyer and that can actually start ahead of him.

However if we don't go Watkins at 4 then I would be OK with finishing out the Secondary and taking a CB at 4. Clowney is going to bust hard. Mack is overrated like Curry was and you don't take a RT or a #2 WR at 4.

I agree completely. It seems every year that we have a need for QB and the draft comes and the Browns always fall in love with the sexy pick or the new wow player and bypass a QB. We need to stop trying to draft guys with our first pick and get the best available QB. We need a QB, and I'm not sold on Jimmy. He is a QB that has more questions about his game than answers or other wise he would be a first round talent. We need to get our QB of the future and let him sit a year. I like Hoyer but in now way shape or form do I think he is a franchise QB. We are filling needs in FA, now we just need to go get our guy. I think Clowney and possibly Mack could go top 3. Hopefully that should leave us with our choice of a QB. Like they always say until we find our QB we will be in the cellar. We made the playoffs when Couch and Holcombe had a good year combined and almost made the playoffs when DA had a pro bowl season. We have sucked since then. We need a QB and I don't think anyone minus Carr, Bridgewater, Bortles and possibly Manziel are franchise QBs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:

Potentially, but we have a LT, one of the best LT's to ever play the game, and he's signed through 2018.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I furnished my house by only selecting the best available furniture, I didn't worry about needs. I have seven couches, 4 recliners and a coffee table.

I'm regretting my decision.
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
I furnished my house by only selecting the best available furniture, I didn't worry about needs. I have seven couches, 4 recliners and a coffee table.

I married my wife because she was the best person available to me.

I didn't marry her because I needed to.

Haven't regretted my decision

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

i traded down

regretting it Crying or Very sad
duke2056

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

i traded down

haha. Wait. Doesnt that mean you have two girls now though? One good one and one "ok" one?

Anyway, there is no way we are drafting a RT at pick 4. I would rather take a QB, and I dont want a QB.

It would mean we pass on all the QBs, Clowney, and Watkins, for a RT. Nope.

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

i traded down

haha. Wait. Doesnt that mean you have two girls now though? One good one and one "ok" one?

Anyway, there is no way we are drafting a RT at pick 4. I would rather take a QB, and I dont want a QB.

It would mean we pass on all the QBs, Clowney, and Watkins, for a RT. Nope.

i traded down for future picks - they haven't arrived yet Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: