Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We Don't Go QB at 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HADEN4PREZIDENT

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: We Don't Go QB at 4 Reply with quote

It doesn't seem we want to pick a QB at 4 so this is the best way possible.

FA: Resign Mack, Ben Tate RB Houston Texans, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB Denver Broncos, Arthur Moats LB Buffalo Bills, Julian Edelman WR New England Patriots, Sexy Rexy Grossman QB Washington Redskins

1. Greg Robinson OT Auburn - something tells me Farmer has him #1 on his big board and this allows us to move Schwartz inside and build a bad O-Line.

1. trade up with 26, 4th, and 2015 2nd. Mike Evans WR Texas AM - an athletic freak to match up on the outside with Gordon and Edelman in the slot.

2. Jimmy Garopollo QB Eastern Illinois - I have a feeling that Hoyer is more than likely in higher regard than people think and will have starting job to start.

3. Gabe Jackson OG Mississippi State - another mauling guard to build a tough minded running team.

3. Yawin Smallwood ILB UConn - Dansby will groom this kid into the starter after he teaches him the ropes of the league.

4. Jeremy Hill RB LSU - A big running back with agile feet and fits in well with the compliment of RBs we have now.

5. Joe Don Duncan TE/FB/H-Back - gives us some versatility to play multiple positions on offense and impressed at the Senior Bowl

6. Jeoffery Pagan DT Alabama - didn't really shine with so many pro prospects on that team but has the body to play at the next level

7. Nate Freese K Boston College - My favorite kicking prospect

^^^Jamison^^^
buno67

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the first 4 picks we draft 2 OL, I dont like that at all

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:

How many upgrades do you think we need on the O Line? Just curious cause I see two big holes. But both don't necessarily need filled this offseason.

^^^Jamison^^^
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't draft a RT at 4

Also Jimmy G is a 4th rounder at best.

Weak arm, questionable under pressure, poor footwork. The only thing he has as a positive is a quick release. He isn't accurate outside of 10 yards.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have Freese as the best K in the draft. Far and away the best. A bit underwhelmed with the rest of the draft though. Must say I'll be pissed if we spend our top pick on a tackle.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:

Yep, I'm an OL coach, and I think this is a horrible idea- granted we do need someone - two if we lose Mack, but even then no way I grab one in the first with our needs ( do love the jimmy G pick)

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
HADEN4PREZIDENT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willing to take the heat on Robinson but not a big fan of taking Watkins at 4 unlike some. As for Jimmy G I'm big fan but Id much rather have Bridgewater who I truly think is the safest pick in this draft. So I pose the question anyone else other than Watkins if we don't QB at 4

^^^Jamison^^^
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:
Willing to take the heat on Robinson but not a big fan of taking Watkins at 4 unlike some. As for Jimmy G I'm big fan but Id much rather have Bridgewater who I truly think is the safest pick in this draft. So I pose the question anyone else other than Watkins if we don't QB at 4

I don't get the idea that we aren't going to go QB at 4. There are rumors we are trying to trade for a QB. So if we had that much faith in Hoyer and his 1 leg why would we try to trade (or make phone calls about a possible trade) for a QB?

Also I don't like Watkins at 4 either and I am tired of "waiting and seeing what we have in our QBs". Yet other teams out there cut bait and go after their QB we stick with guys like Hoyer, Frye, Colt McCoy, Derek Anderson, Kelly Holcomb, Seneca Wallace, Jake Delhomme instead of drafting "our guy"

There are probably 6-12 QBs in this draft that have a better skillset than Hoyer and that can actually start ahead of him.

However if we don't go Watkins at 4 then I would be OK with finishing out the Secondary and taking a CB at 4. Clowney is going to bust hard. Mack is overrated like Curry was and you don't take a RT or a #2 WR at 4.
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the FAs but that's it

The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This draft is terrible.

Vince Lombardi
duke2056

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
HADEN4PREZIDENT wrote:

I don't get the idea that we aren't going to go QB at 4. There are rumors we are trying to trade for a QB. So if we had that much faith in Hoyer and his 1 leg why would we try to trade (or make phone calls about a possible trade) for a QB?

You think we are definitely going QB at 4 (or a trade up for a QB) because of rumors??

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Joe Thomas, one of my favorite players and I'm glad he's a Brown. But how many more games did we win with him at LT than we would have lost without him?

How many playoff runs has he helped orchestrate?

We drafted him at #3 overall to play LT. What would drafting a Rt at #4 do?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
I love Joe Thomas, one of my favorite players and I'm glad he's a Brown. But how many more games did we win with him at LT than we would have lost without him?

How many wins has Joe Haden got us? How many wins has Josh Gordon got us? I could go on and on. How about Dawson and Jackson when we had them. Why do people want Revis or Watkins. Haden and Gordon have not got us wins.

The reason we have not won more is not Joe Thomas fault. I get so tired of hearing that excuse.

Just be honest and say you don't want a good off. line.

Look at free agency and the draft good off. linemen are going high.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:

You can say that about any position other than QB
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:

How many wins has Joe Haden got us? How many wins has Josh Gordon got us? I could go on and on. How about Dawson and Jackson when we had them. Why do people want Revis or Watkins. Haden and Gordon have not got us wins.

Gordon won us almost every game we won last year and more than one game the year before and had he not lost the ball in the sunlight would have won us another one. So... you're wrong there.

Quote:
The reason we have not won more is not Joe Thomas fault. I get so tired of hearing that excuse.

You are misunderstanding my point. I am not blaming Joe Thomas for our losses.

Quote:
Just be honest and say you don't want a good off. line.

Because that's totally what I said. Spending the #4 overall pick on, what could be considered either the 8th or 9th most important position on the offense (and and 14th-16th overall on the team), and then having to lose that player when he wants to go make LT money somewhere in 4 years =/= not wanting a good offensive line.

Joe Thomas is an elite left tackle and he is signed through 2018. Has a team ever drafted a player at RT at #4? Last year, in an atrocious draft, we saw guys got on the high end but every one of those players is projected to switch to LT in short order. Do you move Joe Thomas to Right tackle next year? Do you drop down top LT money on Robinson when his contract is up?

No RT is work the #4 pick, the position is not important enough to warrant that investment. Not when the potential exists for higher need players in more important positions to be drafted. If you honestly believe that Watkins is a bust, you trade down and collect a haul for Robinson.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: