Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Phinfan52's Mock..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Phinfan52's Mock.. Reply with quote

1st Rd- Zack Martin, OG, ND
6'4" 305

2nd Rd- Morgan Moses, RT, Virginia,
6'6" 325

3rd Rd- Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
5'11" 197

4th Rd- Yawin Smallwood, ILB, Connecticut
6'2" 245

5th Rd- Bryan Stork, C/OG, Fla. St.
6'4"305

6th Rd- Lorenzo Taliaferra, RB, Coastal Carolina
6'0" 229

7th RD- BPA

I think we will add a RB via FA.. MJD or J. Starks.. I also think we will sign a OG...
but this is my draft...

Last edited by PhinFan52 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
skatewood2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not horrible FinsFan, I'm surprised to see Zack Martin listed as an OG. I think he can be a good RT which we still need badly.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont get the hype of Zach Martin. Guy was a 3rd round pick be for be for senior bowl. I like the Moses pick. Overall good. No gamechanger though

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
I dont get the hype of Zach Martin. Guy was a 3rd round pick be for be for senior bowl. I like the Moses pick. Overall good. No gamechanger though

Zack Martin was listed consistently as a second rnd pick everywhere I looked before the Senior Bowl. However NFL scouts had no idea how athletic he was untill the Senior Bowl. I think the rise to the bottom of the first is justified. He has great balance, great feet, and a terrific motor. He is going to excel in the NFL. But I too believe his best fit is going to be LG. His ability to pull would finally allow the phins to be able to use screens.

I think Moses is going to go before we pick in the second. Id like to see the phins trade back in the second, and then draft Henderson from UM to play RT.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Martin may be a little overhyped as well, and I agree he is probably a second rounder talent wise, but OT's have been somewhat over inflated recently with the rookie salary wage scale in place and the league wide passing increase.

While I would rather over draft Sua Filo than Martin, I wouldn't have a problem with Martin at 19 unless a game breaking talent like Ebron happens to still be available.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
I think Martin may be a little overhyped as well, and I agree he is probably a second rounder talent wise, but OT's have been somewhat over inflated recently with the rookie salary wage scale in place and the league wide passing increase.

While I would rather over draft Sua Filo than Martin, I wouldn't have a problem with Martin at 19 unless a game breaking talent like Ebron happens to still be available.

I would rather reach for Sua-Filo to be honest. Martin never played a down at OG from the reports I have read. That's a high slot for a guy who might not work at that position. If you are drafting for a position you go with a guy you have seen there. just my opinion.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
green4gulf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

I would rather reach for Sua-Filo to be honest. Martin never played a down at OG from the reports I have read. That's a high slot for a guy who might not work at that position. If you are drafting for a position you go with a guy you have seen there. just my opinion.

Careful.....If you keep making sense you might get banned from posting Laughing
Maddogg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. I prefer we move down in round one unless someone unexpectedly drops.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 6, Tackles 7 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 7 : Death 24 Joe 21
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

following that logic.. No college LT can/should be a OG in NFL..... or a RT for that matter .... yet it's done every year......

switching from left to right side is the equivalent of learning an entirely new position, with variations in stance alignment, footwork, post-snap responsibilities... yet....
Russ57

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For better or worse we have our left OT. Other than center hard to say what else we have. If I didn't have to worry about public sentiment I'd sign Incognito, Clabo, and McKinny. At least I'd have enough people to line up for a snap and not have to reach in the draft. Hard to say what we will do but those names are still out there.

Given that I think we can afford to pick something other than O-line in the first. There are a lot of attractive players that could be there at 19. Anything from TE/LB/DT/CB/WR to safety.

I think we can should pick BPA in the 1st and go O-line in the second and RB in the 3rd.....or other way around in 2nd/3rd.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhinFan52 wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

following that logic.. No college LT can/should be a OG in NFL..... or a RT for that matter .... yet it's done every year......

switching from left to right side is the equivalent of learning an entirely new position, with variations in stance alignment, footwork, post-snap responsibilities... yet....

I don't disagree with you entirely. You could make this statement about nearly every position other than QB, and it would make sense. Despite the technique differences I feel that RT and LT are both still OTs because of the similarity in their assignments and responsibilities........I would argue they have much more similarity than difference.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: