Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Conspiracy Theory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemmiwinks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Conspiracy Theory Reply with quote

So this may sound outrageous to some, but for the non Patriots fans, it will make sense.

New England signed Revis to a 1 year $12 million deal. He was unwilling to take a pay cut as part of a trade despite knowing he would end up taking less than his $16 mil annual salary. New England did not even attempt to bring back Talib who they were supposedly very high on and he was a MAJOR need for them. He signed with Washington before Revis was even released. Furthermore, the NFL salary cap took an unexpected jump from last year. About $5 or $6 million more than people originally thought. Kraft is a very active owner and has a lot of pull around the league. Belichick says he doesn't like PAT's and so they explore getting rid of it. Pats lose a few games with replacement refs and NFL caves to officials demands (Kraft was supposedly the biggest ringleader to get this done.) Does anybody not think that New England and Revis had a contract done weeks ago? My theory is that New England knew that Revis was not long for Tampa and they wanted him but didn't have the cap space. The league decides to increase the cap greatly and sure enough they have their man. This league is turning into MLB at this rate.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Conspiracy Theory Reply with quote

Lemmiwinks wrote:
So this may sound outrageous to some, but for the non Patriots fans, it will make sense.

New England signed Revis to a 1 year $12 million deal. He was unwilling to take a pay cut as part of a trade despite knowing he would end up taking less than his $16 mil annual salary. New England did not even attempt to bring back Talib who they were supposedly very high on and he was a MAJOR need for them. He signed with Washington before Revis was even released. Furthermore, the NFL salary cap took an unexpected jump from last year. About $5 or $6 million more than people originally thought. Kraft is a very active owner and has a lot of pull around the league. Belichick says he doesn't like PAT's and so they explore getting rid of it. Pats lose a few games with replacement refs and NFL caves to officials demands (Kraft was supposedly the biggest ringleader to get this done.) Does anybody not think that New England and Revis had a contract done weeks ago? My theory is that New England knew that Revis was not long for Tampa and they wanted him but didn't have the cap space. The league decides to increase the cap greatly and sure enough they have their man. This league is turning into MLB at this rate.

Naw. The cap increased because the revenue increased. The cap is directly related to revenue, if I am not mistaken. Secondly, what would be in this for Revis? Why wouldn't he prefer to hit an open market and have options? I just don't see it here at all.
Lemmiwinks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't find this the least bit suspicious? Really?
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone except Pats fans know that the Pats cheat, yes, their players up to their HC and owner, but I don't buy this particular scenario.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemmiwinks wrote:
You don't find this the least bit suspicious? Really?

No. I think Revis wanted a chance to win it all. I think the Bucs wanted to free up a ton of cap space. I think the Patriots needed to fill a void left by Talib. I don't see conspiracy myself.
Warpticon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes sense only if you already have an agenda.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the NFL increased the salary cap by a combined 150 Million dollars so that the Patriots could sign Revis once he was cut. Makes perfect sense to me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis wouldnt lower his salary in a trade because the Browns were the ones trying to trade for him.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No conspiracy here, no tampering, just a lucky break for the Pats.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: