Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots sign Darrelle Revis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Royal_VT wrote:
HootersPatrol wrote:
Nice, this couldn't get any better for the Pats. Revis is going to bust his [inappropriate/removed] off for his next contract while also being an upgrade over Talib. Love how the Broncos crippled their future cap with the signing of Talib who won't be as motivated now.

Talib is on the hook for $8/$7/$10 for the next three years ($12/$12/$8 after), and a cut after 3rd year would only be $2mil dead cap. I think his motivation now is winning a ring in the next couple of years, so that shouldn't be a factor. If he can stay healthy, should be a pretty good deal. Maybe he will be worth the $12mil in 2017 maybe not, $2mil cap hit isn't that bad.

That being said…your guys Revis contract is great. Get him cheap this year which was necessary and have the option to restructure after 2014. I am not sure how comp picks work what do you guys think he would fetch back if released?

releasing a player doesnt get you a comp pick

as far as Talib goes, he has never played in all 16 games of a season so I would be tempering my expectations of him. While yes, his contract is livable considering the talent that is there, but add in the character concerns (that were still present on the Pats, some posters wanted him gone in GDTs because of his antics) and his injuries woes that even include mere bumps and bruises, that isnt a contract I would endorse. Keep your fingers crossed though and you might just have a good signing on your hands.

Sigs-Taking Requests
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
Royal_VT wrote:
HootersPatrol wrote:
Nice, this couldn't get any better for the Pats. Revis is going to bust his [inappropriate/removed] off for his next contract while also being an upgrade over Talib. Love how the Broncos crippled their future cap with the signing of Talib who won't be as motivated now.

Talib is on the hook for $8/$7/$10 for the next three years ($12/$12/$8 after), and a cut after 3rd year would only be $2mil dead cap. I think his motivation now is winning a ring in the next couple of years, so that shouldn't be a factor. If he can stay healthy, should be a pretty good deal. Maybe he will be worth the $12mil in 2017 maybe not, $2mil cap hit isn't that bad.

That being said…your guys Revis contract is great. Get him cheap this year which was necessary and have the option to restructure after 2014. I am not sure how comp picks work what do you guys think he would fetch back if released?

as far as Talib goes, he has never played in all 16 games of a season so I would be tempering my expectations of him. While yes, his contract is livable considering the talent that is there, but add in the character concerns (that were still present on the Pats, some posters wanted him gone in GDTs because of his antics) and his injuries woes that even include mere bumps and bruises, that isnt a contract I would endorse. Keep your fingers crossed though and you might just have a good signing on your hands.

I think Talib probably gives Denver 2 really good years, 2 mediocre years and is gone by year 5. He'll probably miss 12-15 games over the next 4 years.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Royal_VT wrote:
HootersPatrol wrote:

I think Talib probably gives Denver 2 really good years, 2 mediocre years and is gone by year 5. He'll probably miss 12-15 games over the next 4 years.

Talib will give Denver 2 years and then be cut when Peyton retires. The contract makes it pretty painless to do for them.
Naq

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sssy5enZR0

UniversalAuthor wrote:
Hate being up by 13, sets us up for a 1 point loss.
Richter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naq wrote:

Still one of the greatest special teams blocks I've ever seen.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Naq wrote:

Still one of the greatest special teams blocks I've ever seen.

Ah man, that is awesome.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
pats83

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question, do we think this will be a:

A) 1 Year signing (rental)
B) Multi year player
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pats83 wrote:

B) Multi year player

I'm pretty optimistic that Revis sticks around for awhile.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
pats83 wrote:

B) Multi year player

Why would you say that?
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
pats83 wrote:

B) Multi year player

Why would you say that?

The structure of his contract and I think Belichick understands Revis's talent - which likely isn't going to diminish in the next 11 months.

I think they probably re-sign him to a 4 year/$56M type deal next year.

If he starts demanding 5-6 years? Yeah, he's probably gone. But if he will settle for a contract which limits the team's exposure to his decline phase? I think Belichick shells out the money to keep him in Foxboro.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have faith in the Pats keeping him here. Maybe it's more hope. I want this to be something long term. Him and BB love each other.

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
2.5 Sax, 17 tackles, 1 TD
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis is going to enjoy being a sports icon. Randy Moss is the only player whose greatness has ever matched (imo surpassed) Tom Brady's while he was here. Revis is just as good at his position as Brady, if not better.

I expect Moss-like success and fame/glory for Revis while he is a Patriot. It isn't something many other teams can offer. I expect him to be the unquestioned top corner in the game and enjoy the respect (and attention) that honor commands. He is going to channel his inner Deion Sanders & be a pillar of a dynasty.

He faced Sanchez in practice. I am sure he was well aware how terrible he was. The Patriots offer things which I expect to be priceless to his personality.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Revis is going to enjoy being a sports icon. Randy Moss is the only player whose greatness has ever matched (imo surpassed) Tom Brady's while he was here. Revis is just as good at his position as Brady, if not better.

I expect Moss-like success and fame/glory for Revis while he is a Patriot. It isn't something many other teams can offer. I expect him to be the unquestioned top corner in the game and enjoy the respect (and attention) that honor commands. He is going to channel his inner Deion Sanders & be a pillar of a dynasty.

He faced Sanchez in practice. I am sure he was well aware how terrible he was. The Patriots offer things which I expect to be priceless to his personality.

Only NBT would make such a direct comparison to Randy Moss with a corner lol

Sigs-Taking Requests
ausbacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:

Is Darrelle Revis in the conversation for greatest Cornerback of all time like Tom Brady is at Quarterback? I'm encouraged by the Revis signing but let's pump the brakes a little here.
pats83

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ausbacker wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

Is Darrelle Revis in the conversation for greatest Cornerback of all time like Tom Brady is at Quarterback? I'm encouraged by the Revis signing but let's pump the brakes a little here.

Let me walk you through some NBT Logic:

Randy Moss = Unstoppable object
Revis beat Moss
Ergo, Revis is capable of stopping the unstoppable and the best ever.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: