Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Quarterback Debate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should be the Bucs' starting quarterback?
Mike Glennon
21%
 21%  [ 7 ]
Josh Mccown
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
Top rookie (Teddy/Bortles/Johnny)
48%
 48%  [ 16 ]
Mid rookie (Carr/Garopollo/etc)
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Mike Kafka
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tim Tebow
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 33

tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What were they supposed to say? Yeah Mccown is our guy until we draft our future quarterback.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
What were they supposed to say? Yeah Mccown is our guy until we draft our future quarterback.

Well he did say this:

www.bucsnation.com/2014/3/13/5505016/nfl-draft-2014-buccaneers-see-franchise-quarterbacks
Quote:

#Bucs GM Jason Licht said to us on @987TheFan "I see franchise qb's in this draft, but likely not the ones you're thinking of." Que
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

Well he did say this:

www.bucsnation.com/2014/3/13/5505016/nfl-draft-2014-buccaneers-see-franchise-quarterbacks
Quote:

#Bucs GM Jason Licht said to us on @987TheFan "I see franchise qb's in this draft, but likely not the ones you're thinking of." Que

Great, wait until next year then and take Hundley.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha dueces why should we do that ? Hundley and all the other qbs in next years draft have some growing to do as passers. Winston isn't a guarantee declaration either.
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, I like Hundley probably more than anyone else here, but if one of Bridgewater, Bortles or Manziel are there at #7, we'd be foolish not to take one.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Haha dueces why should we do that ? Hundley and all the other qbs in next years draft have some growing to do as passers. Winston isn't a guarantee declaration either.

The guys in this years draft have growing to do as well.

I know who your thinking of when Licht says we are targeting a scrub later on.

Why fart around and try and find a gem. Do it right or don't do it, this fo sucks!

Oh got carried away with last remake hehe.

Love me some Licht!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
Look, I like Hundley probably more than anyone else here, but if one of Bridgewater, Bortles or Manziel are there at #7, we'd be foolish not to take one.

Indeed, but the situation gets interesting when those guys are gone. Do we take a lesser prospect like Carr, or do we lean on Mccown and Glennon? We shall see.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:

Oh I agree!

I was referring to reds post about Licht looking for a late round scrub.

If that's the case I'd rather pass and use that 2nd/3rd on someone that will help us this year.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:

Indeed, but the situation gets interesting when those guys are gone. Do we take a lesser prospect like Carr, or do we lean on Mccown and Glennon? We shall see.

I'm not against Carr, just not at #7. Honestly, I wouldn't really mind moving back up in the late 1st if he's still around at like #28 or something. I'm sure Tedford would be beating the table to move up if that were the case also.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:

I'm going to have a rough few days after that pick if we pick Carr at seven.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:

Oh I agree!

If that's the case I'd rather pass and use that 2nd/3rd on someone that will help us this year.

Yup, this is what I've been saying for a while. If we're going to take a quarterback, let's go get ourselves a stud. Taking a mid round guy is completely worthless. Those guys will have some strengths and some weaknesses, and would need some development for a while before they're ready. Kinda sounds exactly like some lanky Napoleon Dynamite quarterback that we already have. A guy like Teddy could step in today and make us an instant contender.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:

Oh I agree!

Where did he say late round scrub? He coulda been shooting down the media love for Johnny F
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:

Oh I agree!

Where did he say late round scrub? He coulda been shooting down the media love for Johnny F

True!

You know who I'm thinking about though reading that comment though right Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with DRD who mentioned earlier, if Bortles is on the board at #7, they are running up to the stage to give their pick. Everything I have read suggests Bortles will need time to develop, but has the most upside. Tampa is the perfect situation for him.

He's basically a very similar version to McCown physically.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we pick that little johnny guy it's gonna kill this whole offseason and I'll be done with the bucs till he busts and we move on from him, which will be in 1-2 years.. In no way can I support a team with that doosh at QB

And just because Lovie doesn't like Glennon doesn't mean I'm gonna change my stance on him.. he deserves a shot, plain and simple... if they wanna draft a top QB that's cool too, then ONE of them will hopefully be our future

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: