Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrelle Revis released by the Buccaneers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully like Brady, Revis wont be given high fives in New England Evil or Very Mad

I never liked him. Even while he was in Tampa. Yes hes good but I just hate his attitude. Signing him in Tampa was a horrible move and I hate Dominick for making it. Has made alot of questionable decisions but this was definitely by far the dumbest!
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only the money aspect, but I do believe Revis wants to be known as the best cover corner in the league...badly. Also possibly the best of all time. It's why he got so peeved when Sherman started his trash talking. When he came to Tampa we were all told we would have a strong, attacking defense with man to man on the outside. Suddenly the season starts, he's in zone 90% of the time while our d-line is inexplicably running in every direction except for the quarterback. Now we bring in Lovie who will run a Tampa 2 and stick corners in zone all game. Then we ask him to take a pay cut on the contract we offered him less than a year ago.

You can see why this stuff starts to add up. Play in zones exclusively and take a pay cut to do so...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumor has it bellichik may hire good OL Greg schiano as an advisory role. Reunion of him and Revis is going to be histerical.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Rumor has it bellichik may hire good OL Greg schiano as an advisory role. Reunion of him and Revis is going to be histerical.

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 8 Catches 91 Yards
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Falcons set this game to Rookie and the Bucs are being controlled by Hellen Keller.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem from a player wanting to maximize his earning potential. The Revis release is an indictment of the mismanagement the Glazers have done in running this franchise since Gruden was fired. They hired inferior talent at critical areas to evaluate talent and run a football team.

At the very least, Lovie is a true professional head coach who at least knows how to run a team and game plan. Can he win a Super Bowl? I don't know and Licht is still a question mark. However, the organization is at least heading in the right direction.
gbeahanjr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just reading about the team option with the Patriots. $20m for him to come back for 2015?

I think Revis is a great player, but he's not worth what he thinks he is.
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gbeahanjr wrote:
I was just reading about the team option with the Patriots. $20m for him to come back for 2015?

I think Revis is a great player, but he's not worth what he thinks he is.

Hes going ro be a rental player for his career. Teams poised to make a run will rent.him. those type of players have no place in the HOF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: