Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrelle Revis released by the Buccaneers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gbeahanjr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Darrelle Revis released by the Buccaneers Reply with quote

I didn't see a post about this anywhere, so I figured I'd start a discussion. What is everyone's opinion of the recent free agent signings and the release of Darrelle Revis?

Personally, I have mixed emotions about Revis. Obviously he is one of the greatest CB's in the NFL and obviously he was taking up A LOT of cap space. On one hand, I feel excited that we have another $16m free, but its a shame to see a player of that caliber leave this defense. I was so excited when I heard that Lovie Smith and Revis would be on the same team, but I still think we have an exciting future. What I would also like to add is my opinion that Revis is not a great team player. I think a guy who truly wanted to win would be willing to take a pay cut into a more reasonable range, especially when he's making $6m more than ANY other player at his position. I know I probably just sound bitter though.

I will say, with the additions of Verner and Johnson, our defense keeps getting better. McCown coming to Tampa is also very exciting. Not sure how that will affect our draft.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bucs released Darrelle Revis ?
gbeahanjr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

Lol, I guess I had that coming.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

WE DID?! WTF WHYYYYY

Location: From Boston, MA ... Hate Pats and rest of NFCS GO Bucs!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved him as a player for years, then he came to the Bucs.. now he is on one of my most hated teams.. Revis can Go F himself. Plan and simple.

Unloyal player to a team that is unloyal.. Enjoy the rental.

Congrads to 55 on HOF! To Revis FU! & MG#8 & his mob must go!
mfw096

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaoticBuc3125 wrote:
Loved him as a player for years, then he came to the Bucs.. now he is on one of my most hated teams.. Revis can Go F himself. Plan and simple.

Well said bud.

Last edited by mfw096 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaoticBuc3125 wrote:

Revis was one of my favorite players across the league. He held out got the extension. Ok understandable. After being paid the highest cb salary for 1 year he threatened to hold out again. Lost respect for him and knew things weren't going to change. You could tell he only wanted to be in Tampa bc we were his only suitors and team that would pay his outrageous demands bc we were desperate. Dom could have signed grimes and backed the jets into a corner. Instead he did it to himself.

Probably one of the worst deals to make when you look at it now. Coulda had Richardson/star/Vaccaro and that 4th rd pick in a very deep draft.
ChaoticBuc3125

Location: From Boston, MA ... Hate Pats and rest of NFCS GO Bucs!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
ChaoticBuc3125 wrote:

Revis was one of my favorite players across the league. He held out got the extension. Ok understandable. After being paid the highest cb salary for 1 year he threatened to hold out again. Lost respect for him and knew things weren't going to change. You could tell he only wanted to be in Tampa bc we were his only suitors and team that would pay his outrageous demands bc we were desperate. Dom could have signed grimes and backed the jets into a corner. Instead he did it to himself.

Probably one of the worst deals to make when you look at it now. Coulda had Richardson/star/Vaccaro and that 4th rd pick in a very deep draft.

My love for player was clearly clouded, but no longer.. What a loser.. I would love to see him in Boston just so can tell to him to face or posse. Would make some of this feel better.

Congrads to 55 on HOF! To Revis FU! & MG#8 & his mob must go!
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's a little too much personal hate being thrown around here.

Yes, Revis is a selfish "me" player and only cares about money, but all he did was sign a contract that WE OFFERED HIM, then when asked a mere year later to take less, he said no. If you got a job offer at a company and were offered more than you were making at your old job, wouldn't you be a little ticked if a year later they ordered you to go back to less money or they would fire you? Yeah he comes off as the bad guy in this situation, but all the guy really did was stick up for the contract that he signed.

Still, the guy comes off as someone who legitimately only cares about the money. The kind of guy who would bail on his team in the middle of a playoff race if he got paid enough.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well think if this tml : we don't make 8 figures. If he took a cut your saying he couldn't live off millions. Big difference between 7-8 figure salaries per year vs. 5 figures.

That's why these guys get greedy and are considered greedy. Drs who are more intelligent deserve that money who save lives. Revis covers wrs.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Well think if this tml : we don't make 8 figures. If he took a cut your saying he couldn't live off millions. Big difference between 7-8 figure salaries per year vs. 5 figures.

That's why these guys get greedy and are considered greedy. Drs who are more intelligent deserve that money who save lives. Revis covers wrs.

I know, and the debate of athletes making too much money is a well-known one, I'm just saying. Does Revis deserve to be called selfish? Sure. Is he a team guy? Not at all. But let's take a moment and try to see it from his point of view.

He gets traded to a new city and signs a 6 year contracts for big money. He finds a home here, he establishes relationships here, he moves his whole life here. One season later we tell him to restructure his contract or he's gone...it's a bit annoying.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

I know, and the debate of athletes making too much money is a well-known one, I'm just saying. Does Revis deserve to be called selfish? Sure. Is he a team guy? Not at all. But let's take a moment and try to see it from his point of view.

He gets traded to a new city and signs a 6 year contracts for big money. He finds a home here, he establishes relationships here, he moves his whole life here. One season later we tell him to restructure his contract or he's gone...it's a bit annoying.

You can make the argument he didn't want to be here. He declined to restructure yet took less money anyways. He saw this as his way out and only signing a 1 year deal on a Super Bowl contending team , he's trying to up his value for next year. Guess you can't blame him in a way but it's the way of the business. He clearly wasn't the Revis of old and just bc he says he feels 100% now after last year where his play wasn't on par to what we gave him (top defensive player in the league money) he's greedy.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy wants paper, who cares, I'd bounce around from company to company as well if they were fighting over me. Go to the highest bidder and let my family reap the benefits.

Not really sure how this clown is still being talked about. He's gone, look the haul we just pulled in. Guys would rather have Revis (29) instead of Verner (25) and Johnson (27).... not I.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would much rather have our haul than Revis, and I'm happy his attitude is gone as well. Just trying to cool all the personal hate this guy is getting.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
The guy wants paper, who cares, I'd bounce around from company to company as well if they were fighting over me. Go to the highest bidder and let my family reap the benefits.

Not really sure how this clown is still being talked about. He's gone, look the haul we just pulled in. Guys would rather have Revis (29) instead of Verner (25) and Johnson (27).... not I.

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 8 Catches 91 Yards
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Falcons set this game to Rookie and the Bucs are being controlled by Hellen Keller.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: