Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who that is still out in FA do you want??
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Who that is still out in FA do you want?? Reply with quote

Who that is still out there do you want to see in Phins Uniform?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blount.. Tate .. or Starks... I think we need a to bring in a RB and say good-bye to Thomas......
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony Collins, Zach Strief, Tyson Clabo, David Stewart, or Eric Winston
Ben Tate, Lagarrette Blount, MJD, Moreno, or Starks
Captain Munerlyn, Charles Tillman, Tarrell Brown, Champ Baily, Patterson
Travelle Wharton, Evan Detriech Smith, Willie Colon, Shelley Smith, Davin Joseph, Daryn Colledge, Wade Smith
James Jones, Emmanuel Sanders
Chris Clemons
Tony McDaniel
Josh Freeman
Wesley Woodyard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RT - Strief or A Collins
RB - Tate or Blount
G - D Joseph or Dietrich-Smith
WR - Edelman
LB - Woodyard or Spikes
TE - O Daniels (if fit)
CB - Munnerlyn
green4gulf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Tate

Evan Deitrich Smith

Eric Winston

Chris Clemons ( our FA safety )

Patterson (CB we recently cut )

Davin Joseph
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see us get Ben Tate. While I've heard the argument that all RB's are essentially the same, and spending big at the position is foolish, I would suggest that if you look at the contracts RB's are getting it's reasonable to say that the league has largely compensated for that concept/observation. RB's salaries have, by in large, dropped significantly since the bell cow back days of the 90's and early 2000's. Tate can probably be had for a reasonable dollar and he is better than many backs in the league and the one we have on board now, in my opinion. He is physical, which Miller is not. He also played in a one cut system, behind a zbs line in houston. That should fit nicely in Miami.

beyond that, he would be my main focus mainly because I see him as the most talented player of need that I see on the market. Id prefer a solid RT or G but I don't see any stellar, top notch players left in those spots. If I did, I'd prefer we pursue them to Tate.

Last edited by Mercury22 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travelle Wharton and Captain Munnerlyn. I wouldn't mind bringing patterson back at a reduced rate. I'm not a huge fan of Strief as a run blocker but I wouldn't be mad at his potential signing. Other than that, i'm waiting for the draft.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
skatewood2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
Anthony Collins, Zach Strief, Tyson Clabo, David Stewart, or Eric Winston
Ben Tate, Lagarrette Blount, MJD, Moreno, or Starks
Captain Munerlyn, Charles Tillman, Tarrell Brown, Champ Baily, Patterson
Travelle Wharton, Evan Detriech Smith, Willie Colon, Shelley Smith, Davin Joseph, Daryn Colledge, Wade Smith
James Jones, Emmanuel Sanders
Chris Clemons
Tony McDaniel
Josh Freeman
Wesley Woodyard

I like the bolded players, my only question is will Anthony Collins play RT? I thought he was a LT?

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
I'd love to see us get Ben Tate. While I've heard the argument that all RB's are essentially the same, and spending big at the position is foolish, I would suggest that if you look at the contracts RB's are getting it's reasonable to say that the league has largely compensated for that concept/observation. RB's salaries have, by in large, dropped significantly since the bell cow back days of the 90's and early 2000's. Tate can probably be had for a reasonable dollar and he is better than many backs in the league and the one we have on board now, in my opinion. He is physical, which Miller is not. He also played in a one cut system, behind a zbs line in houston. That should fit nicely in Miami.

beyond that, he would be my main focus mainly because I see him as the most talented player of need that I see on the market. Id prefer a solid RT or G but I don't see any stellar, top notch players left in those spots. If I did, I'd prefer we pursue them to Tate.

Well here is my argument against Tate. He is not durable. He struggled to remain on the field in a backup capacity. What the heck do you think will happen with more carries? While he is a good fit for the ZBS he is fragile.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

Well here is my argument against Tate. He is not durable. He struggled to remain on the field in a backup capacity. What the heck do you think will happen with more carries? While he is a good fit for the ZBS he is fragile.

The guy who played the last part of the season with several broken ribs? It's not like we'd ask him to shoulder the load.. 1a) Tate 1b) Miller 2) Thomas

I wouldn't do cartwheels over signing Tate, but any injury risk we take on by signing him is offset by his experience and skill set.

2-3 years, 6.5 - 10.5 million
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

The guy who played the last part of the season with several broken ribs? It's not like we'd ask him to shoulder the load.. 1a) Tate 1b) Miller 2) Thomas

I wouldn't do cartwheels over signing Tate, but any injury risk we take on by signing him is offset by his experience and skill set.

2-3 years, 6.5 - 10.5 million

Pretty much this for me. I see a beast of back, who has a lot to prove and wants his turn in the spot light, in a possible systemic fit. Plus our offensive line coach knows Tate well, and he should, in turn, feel comfortable running behind our new line. And as cddolphin said, its not as if he would carry the load solo. Tate averages nearly 5 yards a carry over his career, and he bring a solid physical presence. I'd love to land him. I do, however, think its unlikely that we are bidding on him. Ultimately, I can see him going to Cleveland.
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saffold on the cheap for a one year deal. I don't care what his medical issues are. If he isn't dying, sign him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJD, MJD, MJD.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blindside but switch him to RG
James Jones
Zach Strief
Ben Tate
MJD
Brandon Pettigrew
Uche Nwaneri
Harvey Dahl
WT3
Brandon Browner
Antoine Cason
Tracy Porter
Cortland Finnegan
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teddy Ginn!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: