Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ohio Football Players wanting to come home!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigdogsandiego

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Ohio Football Players wanting to come home! Reply with quote

Rookie owner Haslam has made a mountain of mistakes since he took the reins. One of the brilliant initial moves he made was hiring #32 J Brown probably without any consideration to the ramifications of this decision. The important part is players who grew up or played in OH have roots that take them to their family traditions. Now it seems players from OH want to be Browns and vice versa.

Great job Farmer! You cannot coach up or teach speed, motivation, and leadership. Whitner, Baby Hawk, and Dansby have these characteristics.

Whitner signing will help bring in more OSU, Cleve, and other OH players who were Browns when they were kids. Baby Hawk went to Toledo. There are a lot of OH people in the NFL who want to play for a winning team.

The point is the camaraderie, family, and team concept will be strengthened considerably by OH players. I love the idea of bringing in motivated players from OH. This new "brand" of Browns will want to win for the team, OH, Cle, themselves, and FAMILY. Everyone is accountable to the team from OH first and foremost. As I learned in Vietnam, everybody counts or nobody counts.

In the draft, there are 3 players from OSU and I think the Browns will take one of them with second rd pick: preferably Carlos Hyde(do you think he would like to be coached up by Jimmy Brown?) but Shazier or Roby are enticing football players.

What do ya think?
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's very cool that guys from here are coming back, but I wouldn't care if our secondary was full of Al Qaida members as long as we won a SB.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring back Brady Quinn, he grew up a Browns fan surely it'll work
zelbell

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
I think it's very cool that guys from here are coming back, but I wouldn't care if our secondary was full of Al Qaida members as long as we won a SB.
This

Adopt a Brown: Josh Gordon
2014 Stats: stay tuned?
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Buno mentioned in the FA thread... it's a great side story, but should have no bearing when it comes to talent evaluation. The Buckeyes couldn't even win their conference, why would I want the Browns stocked with their players? Give me winners like Haden who come to love the city over underachievers like Brian Robiskie any time.
buno67

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
As Buno mentioned in the FA thread... it's a great side story, but should have no bearing when it comes to talent evaluation. The Buckeyes couldn't even win their conference, why would I want the Browns stocked with their players? Give me winners like Haden who come to love the city over underachievers like Brian Robiskie any time.

I like Whitner a lot. Always has because of his ohio state connections. Like if he sucked I wouldnt want him on the team just because of his connection to Cleveland.

Now add in the kind of caliber of a player Whitner is and sprinkle on top he was an tOSU/Cleveland guy and it makes it look even better.

Its like you dont here posters on here saying, oh man this guy was from Cleveland, he was a 2nd teamer in college, a PS player for other teams...we need to bring him in because he is one of us, no one is talking about that. A lot of ppl just like it that the Browns made a great free agent signing and the guy also happen to be from Cleveland.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring back Robieskie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownieTheElf wrote:
Bring back Robieskie

Laughing

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...#FREEJOSHGORDON! Adopt a Brownie 2014: Jabaal Sheard 3 tackles, 1 sack
FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not from ohio Sad does this mean I'm banned......

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:

Well maybe not FULL....maybe the starting SS and the Nickle back... Laughing

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
simian07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLAbrownfan wrote:
I'm not from ohio Sad does this mean I'm banned......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida,_Ohio isn't where you're from? We've been duped. Guys, take him away.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitner is telling the browns to look at Ted ginn jr. Cause he would love to be a brown ...... No no no no no no! This is getting ridiculous, there several WR we could get in the draft that are better than him, WHO CARES IF YOURE FROM OHIO!!!!

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Whitner is telling the browns to look at Ted ginn jr. Cause he would love to be a brown ...... No no no no no no! This is getting ridiculous, there several WR we could get in the draft that are better than him, WHO CARES IF YOURE FROM OHIO!!!!

I'd be cool with Ginn. He would solve our kick return problem and offer depth and explosiveness at WR. He wouldn't be the #2 or even the slot guy, but he could be the #4 and play a fair amount of offensive snaps. 3 years 14 million 7 guaranteed, mostly in year 1.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt mind Teddy Ginn.

He had a decent/ok season last year playing with Carolina. 36rec 550yards 5TDs. He looked good at times.

Depending on the contract he could be a fit. If its a WR with talent the Browns need to take a look at them. I think Teddy could be a decent #3-#4 WR. He be a great guy to have in there to take the top off of the defense.

Have him open up the secondary for Gordon and Cameron

Teddy has never lived up to his draft position but he could be a better WR than what is out there.

Browns are looking to add a couple WRs and I wouldnt mind it being Teddy for his potential playmaking ability in the return game and possibly as a WR.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

I'd be cool with Ginn. He would solve our kick return problem and offer depth and explosiveness at WR. He wouldn't be the #2 or even the slot guy, but he could be the #4 and play a fair amount of offensive snaps. 3 years 14 million 7 guaranteed, mostly in year 1.

I think he could be decent in Cleveland as a possible slot or #4 guy. He has never played with a truly great group of WRs. When he was with Miami he was suppose to be their #1 guy but it never worked out. He went to the 9ers and did ok a times. Play with the panthers last and had good surrounding talent in Smith, Olsen, and others and had his best season as a WR (helps having newton) but he could do well with Gordon and Cameron

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: