Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars Sign Former Viking RB Toby Gerhart - 3/10.5 4.5G
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MJD4MVP5455


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 1995
Location: South Florida
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VLoo wrote:
IAJags wrote:
He should get plenty of carries with us starting the worst starting QB in the NFL.


Good thing there's no such thing as a draft.

Or the Cleveland Browns
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vino


Joined: 27 Oct 2013
Posts: 1838
Location: Jacksonville, FL
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Hoyer is light years better than Henne.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 47269
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
Brian Hoyer is light years better than Henne.
I'm guessing you discerned this based solely on the single quality game he played in his entire career? And he's coming off a torn ACL..
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IAJags


Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Posts: 508
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VLoo wrote:
IAJags wrote:
He should get plenty of carries with us starting the worst starting QB in the NFL.


Good thing there's no such thing as a draft.


Whatever future backup we take in the 2nd/3rd round isn't doing anything. Caldwell continue to hope he gets lucky like his awful mentor Polian.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dswinton


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 871
Location: Northside Duval
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off topic question guys. Do anybody know if Teddy pro day will be televised and what time?
_________________


"Thanks for the great sig MoJo122-b-21, one of the best alive".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JagsFanInNY


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 1389
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
Off topic question guys. Do anybody know if Teddy pro day will be televised and what time?
I think NFL Network around noon eastern time. JP and Johnny O will also have some coverage (I think live) on jaguars.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 47269
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAJags wrote:
Whatever future backup we take in the 2nd/3rd round isn't doing anything. Caldwell continue to hope he gets lucky like his awful mentor Polian.
What are you even talking about?

Polian has been GM of three teams.

In 1984, he took over as PPoP the Bills, who had drafted a Hall of Fame QB in the first round the year prior.

In 1995, he took over the Carolina Panthers and drafted Kerry Collins 6th overall.

In 1997, he took over the Colts and drafted Peyton Manning #1 overall.

---

In 2008, Caldwell went to Atlanta, where they drafted Matt Ryan #3 overall.

---

Where are you even getting this notion that Caldwell learned to pass on first round QBs and hope he gets lucky?
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dswinton


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 871
Location: Northside Duval
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
dswinton wrote:
Off topic question guys. Do anybody know if Teddy pro day will be televised and what time?
I think NFL Network around noon eastern time. JP and Johnny O will also have some coverage (I think live) on jaguars.com


Thank you bro.
_________________


"Thanks for the great sig MoJo122-b-21, one of the best alive".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IAJags


Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Posts: 508
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
IAJags wrote:
Whatever future backup we take in the 2nd/3rd round isn't doing anything. Caldwell continue to hope he gets lucky like his awful mentor Polian.
What are you even talking about?

Polian has been GM of three teams.

In 1984, he took over as PPoP the Bills, who had drafted a Hall of Fame QB in the first round the year prior.

In 1995, he took over the Carolina Panthers and drafted Kerry Collins 6th overall.

In 1997, he took over the Colts and drafted Peyton Manning #1 overall.

---

In 2008, Caldwell went to Atlanta, where they drafted Matt Ryan #3 overall.

---

Where are you even getting this notion that Caldwell learned to pass on first round QBs and hope he gets lucky?


I never said he learned to pass on QBs. I said he learned to luck into QBs to where you don't have to worry about taking one. Which is why we are going to take a position only a fraction (Like every other position) of importance that a QB is. Polian was an awful GM who just lucked into two of the best QB prospects of their generation. And Caldwell is clearly more Polian than Dimitroff. The Joeckel pick makes that blatantly obvious.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20841
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAJags wrote:
iPwn wrote:
IAJags wrote:
Whatever future backup we take in the 2nd/3rd round isn't doing anything. Caldwell continue to hope he gets lucky like his awful mentor Polian.
What are you even talking about?

Polian has been GM of three teams.

In 1984, he took over as PPoP the Bills, who had drafted a Hall of Fame QB in the first round the year prior.

In 1995, he took over the Carolina Panthers and drafted Kerry Collins 6th overall.

In 1997, he took over the Colts and drafted Peyton Manning #1 overall.

---

In 2008, Caldwell went to Atlanta, where they drafted Matt Ryan #3 overall.

---

Where are you even getting this notion that Caldwell learned to pass on first round QBs and hope he gets lucky?


I never said he learned to pass on QBs. I said he learned to luck into QBs to where you don't have to worry about taking one. Which is why we are going to take a position only a fraction (Like every other position) of importance that a QB is. Polian was an awful GM who just lucked into two of the best QB prospects of their generation. And Caldwell is clearly more Polian than Dimitroff. The Joeckel pick makes that blatantly obvious.


wut
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IAJags


Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Posts: 508
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
IAJags wrote:
iPwn wrote:
IAJags wrote:
Whatever future backup we take in the 2nd/3rd round isn't doing anything. Caldwell continue to hope he gets lucky like his awful mentor Polian.
What are you even talking about?

Polian has been GM of three teams.

In 1984, he took over as PPoP the Bills, who had drafted a Hall of Fame QB in the first round the year prior.

In 1995, he took over the Carolina Panthers and drafted Kerry Collins 6th overall.

In 1997, he took over the Colts and drafted Peyton Manning #1 overall.

---

In 2008, Caldwell went to Atlanta, where they drafted Matt Ryan #3 overall.

---

Where are you even getting this notion that Caldwell learned to pass on first round QBs and hope he gets lucky?


I never said he learned to pass on QBs. I said he learned to luck into QBs to where you don't have to worry about taking one. Which is why we are going to take a position only a fraction (Like every other position) of importance that a QB is. Polian was an awful GM who just lucked into two of the best QB prospects of their generation. And Caldwell is clearly more Polian than Dimitroff. The Joeckel pick makes that blatantly obvious.


wut


Spoiler Alert: We are taking a defensive player with the #3 pick and will likely Cleveland Browns our way around the league until Caldwell thinks he can draft the next Andrew Luck.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VLoo


Joined: 05 Feb 2014
Posts: 157
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAJags wrote:
iPwn wrote:
IAJags wrote:
Whatever future backup we take in the 2nd/3rd round isn't doing anything. Caldwell continue to hope he gets lucky like his awful mentor Polian.
What are you even talking about?

Polian has been GM of three teams.

In 1984, he took over as PPoP the Bills, who had drafted a Hall of Fame QB in the first round the year prior.

In 1995, he took over the Carolina Panthers and drafted Kerry Collins 6th overall.

In 1997, he took over the Colts and drafted Peyton Manning #1 overall.

---

In 2008, Caldwell went to Atlanta, where they drafted Matt Ryan #3 overall.

---

Where are you even getting this notion that Caldwell learned to pass on first round QBs and hope he gets lucky?


I never said he learned to pass on QBs. I said he learned to luck into QBs to where you don't have to worry about taking one. Which is why we are going to take a position only a fraction (Like every other position) of importance that a QB is. Polian was an awful GM who just lucked into two of the best QB prospects of their generation. And Caldwell is clearly more Polian than Dimitroff. The Joeckel pick makes that blatantly obvious.



_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MJD4MVP5455


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 1995
Location: South Florida
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAJags wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
IAJags wrote:
iPwn wrote:
IAJags wrote:
Whatever future backup we take in the 2nd/3rd round isn't doing anything. Caldwell continue to hope he gets lucky like his awful mentor Polian.
What are you even talking about?

Polian has been GM of three teams.

In 1984, he took over as PPoP the Bills, who had drafted a Hall of Fame QB in the first round the year prior.

In 1995, he took over the Carolina Panthers and drafted Kerry Collins 6th overall.

In 1997, he took over the Colts and drafted Peyton Manning #1 overall.

---

In 2008, Caldwell went to Atlanta, where they drafted Matt Ryan #3 overall.

---

Where are you even getting this notion that Caldwell learned to pass on first round QBs and hope he gets lucky?


I never said he learned to pass on QBs. I said he learned to luck into QBs to where you don't have to worry about taking one. Which is why we are going to take a position only a fraction (Like every other position) of importance that a QB is. Polian was an awful GM who just lucked into two of the best QB prospects of their generation. And Caldwell is clearly more Polian than Dimitroff. The Joeckel pick makes that blatantly obvious.


wut


Spoiler Alert: We are taking a defensive player with the #3 pick and will likely Cleveland Browns our way around the league until Caldwell thinks he can draft the next Andrew Luck.

Based on what notion? That we didnt draft a QB in one of the worst QB drafts in recent history? If you were Caldwell what would you have done differently
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 47269
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAJags wrote:
I never said he learned to pass on QBs. I said he learned to luck into QBs to where you don't have to worry about taking one. Which is why we are going to take a position only a fraction (Like every other position) of importance that a QB is. Polian was an awful GM who just lucked into two of the best QB prospects of their generation. And Caldwell is clearly more Polian than Dimitroff. The Joeckel pick makes that blatantly obvious.
You said he was going to take a back up QB in the second or third round. Why would he do that if this is what he learned? Polian and Dimitroff have drafted a combined zero QBs past 6th overall through the third round.

I'm also failing to see how Kerry Collins was one of the best QBs of his generation, or that you don't have to worry about taking one with him on the board. Polian showed that he was willing to roll the dice on a non-perfect QB, so this notion that he wasn't is plain silly.

Pro-tip: Andrew Luck wasn't taken by Bill or Chris Polian, he was taken by Ryan Grigson.


Polain was so awful as a GM that his teams have a combined 6 Super Bowl appearances, 9 Conference Championship Game appearances, and 18 playoff births in 26 seasons of him being a head within the various teams. His winning percentage over that span of time is one of the best in NFL history.

The only "bad" thing about Bill Polian as a GM is that he had nepotism with his son Chris, who was unable to make quality draft picks. Maybe you've gotten the years that Chris was calling the majority of shots (2009-2011) crossed with how Bill actually performed as a GM? Because Bill did a really good job at all three teams he headed..

Quote:
Spoiler Alert: We are taking a defensive player with the #3 pick and will likely Cleveland Browns our way around the league until Caldwell thinks he can draft the next Andrew Luck.
Didn't you just say a few days ago that we're drafting Teddy Bridgewater?

And if we want to talk about what Caldwell "learned" from his predecessors, he's been on staffs that have taken twice as many first round offensive players as defensive players. So what makes you think he's taking a defensive players?
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sadjag


Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1136
Location: jax
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... Toby Gerhart amirite?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group