Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Byrd is a Saint!!! 6-years / 54M, including 28M guaranteed!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I said a few times we could make a big move but it'd hurt our team in the long run. Which could prove to be true. Regardless, you're lying if you expected the Saints to throw $50M at someone not named Jimmy Graham this off-season Laughing

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
Raves

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
To be honest, I said a few times we could make a big move but it'd hurt our team in the long run. Which could prove to be true. Regardless, you're lying if you expected the Saints to throw $50M at someone not named Jimmy Graham this off-season Laughing

Actually one of my mocks had us going for Byrd at 5 yrs 45 million, but instead of posting it and getting bashed even more so for it, I went Clark, DRC, and Maclin for similar money combined.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Actually one of my mocks had us going for Byrd at 5 yrs 45 million, but instead of posting it and getting bashed even more so for it, I went Clark, DRC, and Maclin for similar money combined.

I bet. Laughing

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
Raves

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Raves wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

I bet. Laughing

I actually did, I read an article that mentioned taht Byrd wanted 9 mil per, I found 9 mil for him, but figured going 6 for DRC and 4 for Maclin and vet min for Clark was better off. I had it mentioned a few times about me mentioning Byrd but us not actually having him in the mock.

Granted I really didn't think it woudl happen, I just thought it was just a mock... lol

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would've loved Byrd here but I sure as hell never expected it. Just though we'd resign our own (Graham, Bush, etc) and a few cheap, CHEAP guys to fill out the roster.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
I would've loved Byrd here but I sure as hell never expected it. Just though we'd resign our own (Graham, Bush, etc) and a few cheap, CHEAP guys to fill out the roster.

Guys.. Imagine the coup the Saints would land if they can someway sign Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to finish out the FA period!

Yes, Robinson & White could battle for the position but Robinson and Bunkley could also be released creating over 2.5 million in additional cap space and the Saints could get creative again. DRC had a great year last season and won't be to high a price tag. His size and skill set would compliment Lewis well and would give the Saints and Rob Ryan a formidable starting secondary and free up the team to select the best playmaking WR or Passrusher that falls to them at 27.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearing reports (think it was John Clayton) that Saints have intrest in Brandon Browner... will likely bring in another corner in free agency.

Browner
Rodgers-Cromartie

Either would be sweet! Robinson or White could hold down the fort till Browner comes back from suspension. (4 games)

Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure Loomis is a genius, but if DRC wants as much as reported we're going to need to structure the contract in a MASTERFUL way if we don't want to destroy ourselves then.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
QB Connoisseur

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so excited about this team... If we can bring in Browner or DRC, I don't think there's a team out there that we won't be able to beat. Improve even further through the draft and dominate.
Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd be mad if we brought in DRC on a large contract...That would put us in a terrible, terrible, miserable, awful situation for the next 2-3 years.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
FLOODx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'd rather draft a CB in the 1st or 2nd. Either that or sign someone to a reasonable contract

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Magnifico

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seconded. We've had our splurge.
Let's draft well and sign individuals to team friendly contracts. No need to replicate the woeful situation the Dallas Cowboys find themselves currently in.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From everything I'm hearing the Saints are expected to bring in a veteran corner to start opposite Lewis. Likely searching for one with a reasonable contract demand.

John Clayton reported earlier that the Saints expressed interest in Brandon Browner so there is your pool range. Maybe a player like Browner, Antonio Cromartie, Peanut Tillman, etc.

Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
From everything I'm hearing the Saints are expected to bring in a veteran corner to start opposite Lewis. Likely searching for one with a reasonable contract demand.

John Clayton reported earlier that the Saints expressed interest in Brandon Browner so there is your pool range. Maybe a player like Browner, Antonio Cromartie, Peanut Tillman, etc.

I think Cromartie would be a nice piece. I also think Patrick Robinson still has potential, I'm really hoping he can stay healthy this year.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

I think Cromartie would be a nice piece. I also think Patrick Robinson still has potential, I'm really hoping he can stay healthy this year.

This may not sound promising to many but also heard rumor that Ryan might try to get Payton/Loomis to trade for Mo Claiborne from Dallas.

Has been a bust thus far but was impressive during his rookie season under Ryan in his man scheme.

Not my suggestion... just a rumor I heard down here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: