Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Byrd is a Saint!!! 6-years / 54M, including 28M guaranteed!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NS922

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
I'm not at all bitter, but I heard you guys only had about 2 Million in cap room, so I'm very confused. Laughing

Our feeble minds cannot comprehend the workings of Sir Mickey Loomis.
Lombardi Gras

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow_junky wrote:
Oh and just had a thought... what happened last time we picked up a play making safety in free agency? Laughing

New Orleans women developed curious cases of amnesia?

FSP
Porter22

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS922 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
I'm not at all bitter, but I heard you guys only had about 2 Million in cap room, so I'm very confused. Laughing

Our feeble minds cannot comprehend the workings of Sir Mickey Loomis.

We resigned Thomas today and Byrd's first year cap hit is only at $4 million!
Injured Reserve: WR Joe Morgan
Magnifico

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this news at work today and was like Shocked Didn't even think we'd be players for any of the big name free agents.

God our secondary is looking good. If we can find a #2 CB and another pass rushing threat no reason we can't be challenging the very top defences this year.
Still need a little more depth though but we'll see what the rest of the off-season brings.
unfsaint

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lombardi Gras wrote:
wow_junky wrote:
Oh and just had a thought... what happened last time we picked up a play making safety in free agency? Laughing

I want to laugh...but am afraid that it would be at the expense of a rape victim...so I won't.

~Sir William Osler
Porter22

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His cap Details are out, go to spotrac to view them, we can cut him in 2017 with a dead Money of 4.4 Million only. The contract seems huge, but it could end up beeing a 3 Year/ 27.9 Million deal
Injured Reserve: WR Joe Morgan
101stSaintsFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lombardi Gras wrote:
wow_junky wrote:

Too soon man, too soon.

Major props to a fine American, Uncle Buck.

The CHAMPS are going back to form! WHODAT!
Raves

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnifico wrote:
I read this news at work today and was like Shocked Didn't even think we'd be players for any of the big name free agents.

God our secondary is looking good. If we can find a #2 CB and another pass rushing threat no reason we can't be challenging the very top defences this year.
Still need a little more depth though but we'll see what the rest of the off-season brings.

Don't forget there was on poster that said we wouldn't be able to be in play for any big name FAs and we would be lucky to fill a roster...

Well maybe not to the extreme of filling a roster but he did make it perfectly clear we could not pick up even one big name FAs due to our abysmal cap space...

I still think Robinson and White are a good tandem at #2 and #3, I mean if Robinson was able to stay healthy and show the progression his natural skillset alllows he could be a top 5 CB in the NFL, but that is the same problem, and money risked by Philly, that Jenkins has. You have the skillset and ability, but will you actually put it together to be worth it.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
Magnifico wrote:

Don't forget there was on poster that said we wouldn't be able to be in play for any big name FAs and we would be lucky to fill a roster...

Well maybe not to the extreme of filling a roster but he did make it perfectly clear we could not pick up even one big name FAs due to our abysmal cap space...

I still think Robinson and White are a good tandem at #2 and #3, I mean if Robinson was able to stay healthy and show the progression his natural skillset alllows he could be a top 5 CB in the NFL, but that is the same problem, and money risked by Philly, that Jenkins has. You have the skillset and ability, but will you actually put it together to be worth it.

This may sound blasphemous on here but after the addition of Jarius Byrd I now don't believe that corner is our #1 need...

Kennan Lewis is a stud, Vaccaro can cover like a corner but will be a FS, Bush will be back (hopefully) as the enforcer and Byrd's range on the deep end will allow the Saints to do many things defensively in situational alignments.

Robinson and White could very well battle it out at CB for the #2 job, a battle I feel Robinson would win sending White to his more natural position at Nickel. Rod Sweeting provides depth.

Now another corner likely is needed to round out the group and strengthen depth but not a 1st rounder in my opinion.

Receiver to me has become our new #1 need but not just any type of receiver... a true game changer, preferably one who plays outside the hashes!

Now don't crucify me for mentioning this but would any of ya'll be opposed if the Saints pulled a Falcons move and traded up from 27 to like 5 with the Raiders if Clemson's Sammy Watkins were available there???

Cost would likely be 2014 1st and 2nd, 2015 1st and 3rd...

Steep I know, likely way to steep but Watkins is the type of player that could put this team over the hump and give us a legit shot of returning to the Superbowl within the next 3 seasons which by all the moves the Saints are making seem to be the window for this franchise and Drew Brees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Raves

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all about Watkins, but he's not a #1 WR... he's not a Julio Jones, AJ Green, Megatron, etc, he's more of a threat to go the distance on any play than a true WR threat... Now I wouldn't be opposed to trading up for him, but we need to be sure to have/keep at least a #1 WR threat on the team for him. I think Matthews, Robinson, and Abbredeneious or whatever the Wisconsins WR's name is are all better options as a #1 WR, but I do see Watkins as being a bigger impact player...

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder what the odds are that we sign Steve Smith. That'd be quite interesting.

Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
Magnifico wrote:

lol, couldn't help but say "I told ya so" huh? I admit I was wrong. Are you ever going to admit you were wrong about Jenkins for years and I was correct?

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
NS922

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Wonder what the odds are that we sign Steve Smith. That'd be quite interesting.

I'd say the chances are extremely low but I would love that so much. I always liked Steve and I don't care how old he is because it's not like this team has much time left anyway.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did ya'll read the blasting Sproles wifey spouting about the Saints front office?

I hate when these things go down, I mean sure Sproles would love for the Saints to just release him but if Loomis feels he can land a extra draft pick in a deep draft while at the same time preventing Sproles from ending up in a place like Seattle, San Fran, etc. then that is the Saints right!

Sproles is still under contract and I'm sure his wife is just emotional right now but it's the business... get used to it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Raves

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Raves wrote:
Magnifico wrote:

lol, couldn't help but say "I told ya so" huh? I admit I was wrong. Are you ever going to admit you were wrong about Jenkins for years and I was correct?

You're right I couldn't help it, but I will admit he didn't play up to his draft position, and the contract he received in Philly is definitely more than what I would want the Saints to pay him, by a lot. But the contract he got from Philly does show that he is at the very least serviceable safety with the skills to be better, the question has always been will he ever do so.

He hadn't, the Saints let him walk, we get an proven young elite FS to go with our slightly inexperienced young elite looking SS and it worked out in the end.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: