Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gabbert Traded to 49ers For 6th Rounder
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Vino


Joined: 27 Oct 2013
Posts: 1838
Location: Jacksonville, FL
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they were considering it seriously I think he could have worded that differently. He made it sound explicitly like they were not going to take one in the first round. He could have left out all that stuff about sitting the QB, Henne being the starter, etc without tipping people what our plans in the draft are. I think if they were seriously planning to draft a QB in the first round, he would be leaving the door open to starting them. He says they are committed to Henne being the starter regardless of whether they draft one. This also implies the organization doesn't think of the QBs will be ready to start from day 1 which corroborates with what O'Halloran and DiRocco have been saying the past couple weeks.

Sure it's not set in stone, but if I had to bet a ton of money today on what will happen May 8th, I'd bet against us taking a QB and on us taking Khalil Mack.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83535
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why does every thread turn into a "will we, wont we" QB thread?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 46063
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
why does every thread turn into a "will we, wont we" QB thread?
agendas
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 3478
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
why does every thread turn into a "will we, wont we" QB thread?
agendas


This.

It is also a kind of important position tbh. That certainly plays into it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dswinton


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 861
Location: Northside Duval
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
dswinton wrote:
I don't know what news was greater, hearing Gabbert being traded or hearing Hou landed Ryan Mallet for their 2nd rd pick Very Happy


That isn't a done deal is it?
I don't believe so.


Yea I might have jumped the gun on that one.
_________________


"Thanks for the great sig MoJo122-b-21, one of the best alive".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49erurtaza


Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 1072
Location: in my head
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw this thought it was funny


[img]
photo hosting sites[/img]
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 3478
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 46063
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
I want it.
I ordered it already. Smile
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MJD4MVP5455


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 1985
Location: South Florida
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
I want it.
I ordered it already. Smile

Where
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 46063
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJD4MVP5455 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
I want it.
I ordered it already. Smile

Where
Bold City Design
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83535
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

let me know how they turn out, i think i def. wanna get one, just want to hear what everyone has to say with the finished product. Not aware of BCD
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 46063
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
let me know how they turn out, i think i def. wanna get one, just want to hear what everyone has to say with the finished product. Not aware of BCD
It's ran by the same guy who does the designs for Bold City Brigade, it's his little design thing. I don't foresee any issues, he works with a quality company to produce the merchandise.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83535
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
let me know how they turn out, i think i def. wanna get one, just want to hear what everyone has to say with the finished product. Not aware of BCD
It's ran by the same guy who does the designs for Bold City Brigade, it's his little design thing. I don't foresee any issues, he works with a quality company to produce the merchandise.


Alright, well if I dont lose my shirt at Atlantic City this weekend, then I will definitely buy one. Its too damn funny
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MJD4MVP5455


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 1985
Location: South Florida
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
let me know how they turn out, i think i def. wanna get one, just want to hear what everyone has to say with the finished product. Not aware of BCD
It's ran by the same guy who does the designs for Bold City Brigade, it's his little design thing. I don't foresee any issues, he works with a quality company to produce the merchandise.


Alright, well if I dont lose my shirt at Atlantic City this weekend, then I will definitely buy one. Its too damn funny

Then again if you do lose your shirt you will need a new one Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sadjag


Joined: 02 Mar 2012
Posts: 1128
Location: jax
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
If they were considering it seriously I think he could have worded that differently. He made it sound explicitly like they were not going to take one in the first round. He could have left out all that stuff about sitting the QB, Henne being the starter, etc without tipping people what our plans in the draft are. I think if they were seriously planning to draft a QB in the first round, he would be leaving the door open to starting them. He says they are committed to Henne being the starter regardless of whether they draft one. This also implies the organization doesn't think of the QBs will be ready to start from day 1 which corroborates with what O'Halloran and DiRocco have been saying the past couple weeks.

Sure it's not set in stone, but if I had to bet a ton of money today on what will happen May 8th, I'd bet against us taking a QB and on us taking Khalil Mack.
I seriously doubt that Dave wont start a rookie because of something He said in a conference call in March. He's covering his bases just in case his QB isn't there He can say Henne was always the plan. And if they do draft a QB early they can play him when he's ready. Probably 3-5 weeks in after Henne [inappropriate/removed] the bed.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group