Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gabbert Traded to 49ers For 6th Rounder
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much money did we free up by trading him?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryPirate wrote:
Kaepernick is going to be pissed when he realizes Gabbert gets paid 3 million next year to watch him risk his career for 900k.

Laughing So true.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly shocked we got anything for him. I was thinking he was going to be cut after we draft someone in May.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

https://twitter.com/AlfieBCC/status/443522724171112449
Quote:
So, cutting Gabbert would have hit the Jags with $3.818M in dead money. Trading him actually saves $2M on the cap.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
dswinton wrote:
I don't know what news was greater, hearing Gabbert being traded or hearing Hou landed Ryan Mallet for their 2nd rd pick Very Happy

That isn't a done deal is it?
If this deal happens, Houston got robbed!!
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

https://twitter.com/AlfieBCC/status/443522724171112449
Quote:
So, cutting Gabbert would have hit the Jags with $3.818M in dead money. Trading him actually saves $2M on the cap.

Oh Caldwell you dawg!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Dave-Caldwell-Conference-Call/3ddf20cd-e7c9-4153-afe2-a8c3eee8871f
I don't see how anyone can think we're drafting a QB in the first round with the way Dave is talking here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Dave-Caldwell-Conference-Call/3ddf20cd-e7c9-4153-afe2-a8c3eee8871f
I don't see how anyone can think we're drafting a QB in the first round with the way Dave is talking here.
I don't see how anyone claiming what you are is not trying to force words into supporting your belief.
Lord of Kitty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
2 picks......;

Quote:
@APMarkLong
Caldwell says Jaguars gets a 6th in this year's draft and a conditional pick next year for Blaine Gabbert
The second condition is probably that he doesn't have to take a snap.

Laughing

It's probably actually just something like an extra 6th rounder if Gabbert is still on their roster this time next year or something.

Quote from Dave on a conference call said it has to do with play time.
AngryPirate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like mallet he will probably end up having the same career as schaub which isn't a bad thing. Mallet has had the most ideal 3 years in the NFL couldn't have been in a better situation during that three year span. He's a peacock time to let him fly.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
Vino wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
I don't see how anyone claiming what you are is not trying to force words into supporting your belief.
>We're signing Henne as the start and are committed to building around him and whatever young QB we draft "somewhere down the line [in this draft]" will sit behind Henne and learn

Does't sound like something he would say if drafting a QB in the first round was even remotely in the cards. I'm just saying the writing is on the wall at this point.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
I don't see any reason why Dave wouldn't sell Chad as the starter so that we have a better chance of not being jumped for our guy.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Tugboat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
Vino wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
>We're signing Henne as the start and are committed to building around him and whatever young QB we draft "somewhere down the line [in this draft]" will sit behind Henne and learn

Does't sound like something he would say if drafting a QB in the first round was even remotely in the cards. I'm just saying the writing is on the wall at this point.

What do you expect him to say?

He's not just going to blurt out, "oh yeah, we're really set on getting Bridgewater/Bortles/Manziel/Whoever with our #3 pick and they're going to come in and beat out Henne for the starting job right away so obviously we don't need Gabbert anymore or any other FA QBs".

He's not going to set everyone up for disappointment like that if it doesn't play out right and his guy isn't available at #3. And he's not going to tip his hand either.

It's entirely possible that he tries to snag someone later, but it is still also very possible that he does go QB at #3. Trying to force a definitive conclusion either way out of that little snippet of conference call dialogue is a huge stretch.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
Vino wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:

And if you listened, you would also have sensed how careful Dave was with what he was saying and what he was willing to say. There is no real reason for Dave to say anything other than what he said. Truth is, as of right now Chad has been named the starter and the Jaguars do plan on drafting a QB 'down the line'
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
Vino wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
Vino wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:

And if you listened, you would also have sensed how careful Dave was with what he was saying and what he was willing to say. There is no real reason for Dave to say anything other than what he said. Truth is, as of right now Chad has been named the starter and the Jaguars do plan on drafting a QB 'down the line'

Chad is the starting bc we have no one else Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: