Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Byrd to choose between Redskins/Eagles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spoiler41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saints got him
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good news guys.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 20 tackles, 1 FF, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 14 catches, 150 rec yards
MikeT14

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno how, they must be about to cut some more people. So much for this thread's title.

- mike23md on the sig!
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spoiler41 wrote:
Saints got him

just posted in the other thread Embarassed

Yay Saints!
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, that's a sick safety tandem they have in NO now. Glad we stayed away though. Lets hope we can grab Pryor, Clinton-Dix, Ward, Joyner, Reynolds, or Bucannon in the draft.

mike23md on the sig!
MikeT14

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 37s
Saints are giving former Bills S Jairus Byrd a six-year, $54 million contract, including $28 million guaranteed, per source.

- mike23md on the sig!
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
Saints are giving former Bills S Jairus Byrd a six-year, $54 million contract, including $28 million guaranteed, per source.

HAHAHAHA no thanks!!

mike23md on the sig!
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

HAHAHAHA no thanks!!

Woof. Glad someone else picked up that tab.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

HAHAHAHA no thanks!!

Me too. But something tells me you or I will have to lock this topic up soon.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
killacam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

HAHAHAHA no thanks!!

What's with locking all the threads??? It's a damn forum! Why can people not discuss their opinions? Go to a thread then gotta look for another thread where the convo is continued. Is this a flex of phantom powers or what. Ease up a little. Don't have to always be an Internet sheriff.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killacam wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

HAHAHAHA no thanks!!

What's with locking all the threads??? It's a damn forum! Why can people not discuss their opinions? Go to a thread then gotta look for another thread where the convo is continued. Is this a flex of phantom powers or what. Ease up a little. Don't have to always be an Internet sheriff.
Ease up. They're good mods.

One of them got locked for non-football discussion reasons.

The other ones were because the same topic was started by 3 people

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
markrc99

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killacam wrote: "Yeah I guess I didn't see his idea for a better alternative. ... who is this mid tier FS now that Mitchell signed?"

You see how ridiculous this ended & what this character got paid. Doing something as stupid as signing the franchise away to Jarius Byrd would've set this team back several years. You know what's really sad? They almost managed it. I mean, they were in it, bidding for this guy, am I right? So, this would seem to suggest that retooling the back is still deemed to be the solution, not upgrading the pass rush. Elsewhere I have said we shouldn't give up on Thomas & Rambo & that De' Hall certainly looked a lot better (due to the play at safety). I've advocated for a few FAs, Taylor Mays, perhaps Kerry Rhodes. I also like Chris Cook & Walter Thurmond at CB. I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me if you could get all 4 for what the Saints paid that circus clown!

I've been looking over my new material & while both publications view safety as pretty deep class, I don't like any of them. Laughing Well, not enough to draft early. You take even the biggest one, Calvin Pryor I guess, then go compare him to Kelvin Benjamin. They're alway the inferior athletes. Others here have made similar comments, you win in the back with numbers & a formidable 6-7 man rotation up front. The rookie I would draft is FS Antone Exum (6'0", 220lbs) out of VA Tech. Perhaps there's some here who've seen him play? He had a disaster senior year, injured outside of football, came back for a few games and got hurt again. Had he progressed as he had been, he might well be closer to the top of the prospect list. Lindy's Draft Guide considers him a 5th-6th RD prospect. Very good cover skills, also played at CB in a pro-style scheme, local product. Another one of interest is Nat Behre. Plenty of good choices at safety.

Last edited by markrc99 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killacam wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

HAHAHAHA no thanks!!

No, it allows us to focus all of the energy into a few threads. Something like this one is kind of moot now since he's signed in New Orleans.

What Thai is hinting at is someone going off the deep end because we didn't sign Byrd. Hopefully, it won't come to that.

As for phantom power flexing, may you never learn the "joys" that is moderation.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markrc99 wrote:
killacam wrote: "Yeah I guess I didn't see his idea for a better alternative. ... who is this mid tier FS now that Mitchell signed?"

You see how ridiculous this ended & what this character got paid. Doing something as stupid as signing the franchise away to Jarius Byrd would've set this team back several years. You know what's really sad? They almost managed it. I mean, they were in it, bidding for this guy, am I right? So, this would seem to suggest that retooling the back is still deemed to be the solution, not upgrading the pass rush. Elsewhere I have said we shouldn't give up on Thomas & Rambo & that De' Hall certainly looked a lot better. I've advocated for a few FAs, Taylor Mays, perhaps Kerry Rhodes. I also like Chris Cook & Walter Thurmond at CB. I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me if you could get all 4 for what the Saints paid that circus clown!

I've been looking over my new material & while both publications view safety as pretty deep class, I don't like any of them. Laughing Well, not enough to draft early. You take even the biggest one, Calvin Pryor I guess, then go compare him to Kelvin Benjamin. They're alway the inferior athletes. Others here have made similar comments, you win in the back with numbers & a formidable 6-7 man rotation up front. The rookie I would draft is FS Antone Exum (6'0", 220lbs) out of VA Tech. Perhaps there's some here who've seen him play? He had a disaster senior year, injured outside of football, came back for a few games and got hurt again. Had he progressed as he had been, he might well be closer to the top of the prospect list. Lindy's Draft Guide considers him a 5th-6th RD prospect. Very good cover skills, also played at CB in a pro-style scheme, local product. Another one of interest is Nat Behre. Plenty of good choices at safety.
He's All-Pro. Players like him, Ed Reed, Earl Thomas and Sean Taylor are special because of their instincts, playmaking ability and range. They're worth every penny

Taylor Mays just re-signed with Bengals. So knock that below average safety off your wish list. Wink

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
killacam wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

HAHAHAHA no thanks!!

No, it allows us to focus all of the energy into a few threads. Something like this one is kind of moot now since he's signed in New Orleans.

What Thai is hinting at is someone going off the deep end because we didn't sign Byrd. Hopefully, it won't come to that.

As for phantom power flexing, may you never learn the "joys" that is moderation.

Agreed Woz. That is exactly what I was referring to and why we sometimes have to lock threads.

Oh and killacam - one of the threads I locked was my own Smile

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: