Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Byrd to choose between Redskins/Eagles
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeebs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Byrd to choose between Redskins/Eagles Reply with quote

Dianna Marie Russini ‏@NBCdianna 2 mins
Its down to 2 teams for FS Jairus Byrd 2 teams. The Redskins and The Eagles. #NFLFreeAgency

Sorry, this needs its own thread.

Hate that we're competing against an NFC East team... it will hurt more if we lose out.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine we beat out Chip Kelly for Byrd, but I hope we do! Pray

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this is true and not just a rumor Mad

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smart of him to narrow it down to two division foes.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has a bad attitude, an over inflated ego, and he's overrated. Sounds like a good fit for Philly to me.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 46 tackles, 9 PD, 2 FF, 2 TFL, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 36 catches, 377 rec yards
MikeT14

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:

Yeah, my guess is that he wants the Eagles and is using us as division foes and spenders to drive PHI price up.

- mike23md on the sig!

Phire wrote:
HORSES - 1
DALLAS - 0
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam on radio said the skins r not serious about Byrd and will likely not make a big splashn

Eagles might get revis too.they have enough cap for both.
zeebs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

Yeah, my guess is that he wants the Eagles and is using us as division foes and spenders to drive PHI price up.

Didn't think of that.... real smart
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moats is a brown or Twitter

We are still monitoring britt we might just sign britt, rogers , joseph, mitchill could be our signings
markrc99

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote: "He has a bad attitude, an over inflated ego, and he's overrated. Sounds like a good fit for Philly to me."

Rare I know, but we agree on this player. I'm not aware of anything with respect to his persona, apart from insubordination & material that suggests he's only looking for his money. That's the so-called "choice" he's making. Regarding his game, I wasn't very impressed. Sure, for Buffalo he made his name as a centerfielder breaking on bad throws for INTs. The question I guess is whether Byrd made guys like Marcell Dareus & Mario Williams or whether Buffalo's formidable pass rush made him? Other than that all I found was a guy who didn't possess particularly impressive measureables (5'10" 200+lbs) & who has a reoccurring issue with pain, resulting from having flat feet.
killacam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markrc99 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote: "He has a bad attitude, an over inflated ego, and he's overrated. Sounds like a good fit for Philly to me."

Rare I know, but we agree on this player. I'm not aware of anything with respect to his persona, apart from insubordination & material that suggests he's only looking for his money. That's the so-called "choice" he's making. Regarding his game, I wasn't very impressed. Sure, for Buffalo he made his name as a centerfielder breaking on bad throws for INTs. The question I guess is whether Byrd made guys like Marcell Dareus & Mario Williams or whether Buffalo's formidable pass rush made him? Other than that all I found was a guy who didn't possess particularly impressive measureables (5'10" 200+lbs) & who has a reoccurring issue with pain, resulting from having flat feet.

Yeah we're way better off with Rambo back there. Well said. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killacam wrote:
markrc99 wrote:

Just draft someone or sign a mid tier FS. Honestly FS isn't a position we should be devoting a large part of our cap to.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 46 tackles, 9 PD, 2 FF, 2 TFL, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 36 catches, 377 rec yards
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killacam wrote:
markrc99 wrote:

I must've missed where he said to only roll with Rambo back there. Care to show it to me?

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
killacam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
killacam wrote:
markrc99 wrote:

I must've missed where he said to only roll with Rambo back there. Care to show it to me?

Yeah I guess I didn't see his idea for a better alternative. So if you don't mind maybe YOU could show ME. Smile

And who is this mid tier FS now that Mitchell signed??

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
killacam wrote:
markrc99 wrote:

He definitely said earlier in the offseason we shouldn't make any upgrades at safety because we can just see what the young guys have.

We haven't had a top talent safety with good coverage since Sean died. We need that. If we get Byrd, he can cover up for other guys mistakes the way that Earl Thomas does for the Seahawks.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: