Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrell Revis - Signed w/ NE - 1yr/$12M
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 10m
If teams want to trade for Darrelle Revis, then convert his $16M salary into a bonus, the cap number would be $5.6M this year.

No brainer IMO

If he is cut, I think we're out of the running - hope not though, he would put our D over the top

That's why I hope we trade for him.

Probably only takes a mid round pick.

That cap hit is nothing

You are right, no way he signs here if he is cut.

3rd from Pittsburg should get it done.

I'm game

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking like Revis Island is going to be released...i guess sticking point was restructuring contract...per pat mcmanamon espn.

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
looking like Revis Island is going to be released...i guess sticking point was restructuring contract...per pat mcmanamon espn.

NFL network said he is willing to restructure the deal but not take a paycut. That can be done by rolling parts of the 16M into bonuses.
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ESPNNFL: UPDATE: Browns pursued CB Darrelle Revis via trade, but could not complete deal because Revis wouldn't agree to pay cut. (via media reports)

Just do the deal. lets finally win some games

NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
@ESPNNFL: UPDATE: Browns pursued CB Darrelle Revis via trade, but could not complete deal because Revis wouldn't agree to pay cut. (via media reports)

Just do the deal. lets finally win some games

agreed!

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE CAN AFFORD THE CONTRACT

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
JM95

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
WE CAN AFFORD THE CONTRACT

Agreed. Get it done Ray.
FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long is the contract for? Is it 16 mil again next year... And the year after that does it go up? we cant pay a Db 20 mil in two years i hope- then what would happens to Haden? If we could pay that money every year and then have a low cap hit sure-

And over all this what's the price to get him from tampa- a mid round pick sure, but a first or second and ill be upset

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
JM95

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLAbrownfan wrote:
How long is the contract for? Is it 16 mil again next year... And the year after that does it go up? we cant pay a Db 20 mil in two years i hope- then what would happens to Haden? If we could pay that money every year and then have a low cap hit sure-

And over all this what's the price to get him from tampa- a mid round pick sure, but a first or second and ill be upset

I think it is $16m per year until 2018, with little to no guaranteed money. We can afford it though, we don't have a QB to pay. Although I agree i would be annoyed if it was a 1st or 2nd, its really not that steep a price for the #1 CB in the nfl versus the player we could get in the second round of the draft. Heck for all we know our 2nd round pick could turn into David Veikune 2.0 Laughing

http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Darrelle%20Revis&Position=CB&Team=Buccaneers Gives you an idea of his salary regardless of whether it is 100% accurate or not.
BrownieTheElf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't trade for Revis unless we can get the contract figured out. I'm sorry but paying him 16 million a year and then having to extend Haden later could come up as a complication. If Haden is going to want that kind of money they might let him walk if by then we have some kind of QB of note by then.

If Revis contract is "cutable" in a year or so then we extend Haden that wouldn't be too bad. But what is 2/3 years of Revis worth?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownieTheElf wrote:
I wouldn't trade for Revis unless we can get the contract figured out. I'm sorry but paying him 16 million a year and then having to extend Haden later could come up as a complication. If Haden is going to want that kind of money they might let him walk if by then we have some kind of QB of note by then.

If Revis contract is "cutable" in a year or so then we extend Haden that wouldn't be too bad. But what is 2/3 years of Revis worth?

Depends, are you are about to make a run? Can he put you over the top? If so, do it. Would I give up picks for a probable rent a player if I was still in the building process? No, I wouldn't. I think it would more likely be a one year rental, but that is just a guess.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownieTheElf wrote:

The Revis contract will have no bearing on the Haden Contract Saw it on another board said Haden will be signed soon and it will be announced later this month or next.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's been cut
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the fantasy has ended

BooyaCS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ClevelandStrikesBack ‏ @ ClevStrikesBack 28s

# Browns are prepared to offer Revis $12-13m/yr... Can Pats compete or convince him to sign for less in NE? Will be interesting.

There's a gleem...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: