Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs Mock Draft 3/11/14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigrichie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Chiefs Mock Draft 3/11/14 Reply with quote

Free Agents: WR Jason Avant Eagles, WR Danario Alexander Chargers, Michael Oher OT Ravens, ILB Desmond Bishop Vikings

Draft:
1.Xavier Su'a Filo G 6-4 295 UCLA
2.To 49ers
3.Keith McGill CB/S 6-3 218 Utah
4.Josh Mauro DE 6-6 271 Stanford
5.Cody Hoffman WR 6-3 213 BYU
6.From Cowboys-Colt Lyeria TE 6-5 256 Oregon (Take the chance!)
6.Ricky Havili-Heimuli DT 6-4 314 Oregon
7.To Cowboys
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get this FA class.

Has Bishop been cut?

Avant makes sense, Alexander is a good pick up if he's healthy. I don't think Oher is going anywhere to be a backup.
Morkim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Chiefs Mock Draft 3/11/14 Reply with quote

bigrichie wrote:
Free Agents: WR Jason Avant Eagles, WR Danario Alexander Chargers, Michael Oher OT Ravens, ILB Desmond Bishop Vikings

Draft:
1.Xavier Su'a Filo G 6-4 295 UCLA
2.To 49ers
3.Keith McGill CB/S 6-3 218 Utah
4.Josh Mauro DE 6-6 271 Stanford
5.Cody Hoffman WR 6-3 213 BYU
6.From Cowboys-Colt Lyeria TE 6-5 256 Oregon (Take the chance!)
6.Ricky Havili-Heimuli DT 6-4 314 Oregon
7.To Cowboys

You didn't find a safety in the draft or FA. Unless you're switching Berry to FS, and McGill into the box type?

BIG gaping hole.
valkrei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saftey has got to be our #1 or 2 concern on this team.

Outside of that I liked some of the FA you picked up.

I think after this week, we will have a better idea of what other holes we need to fill which will dramatically change everyones mocks.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
bigrichie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we let Keith McGill and Sanders Commings fight for the Free Safety spot this year. Both of them got to be better than Kendrick Lewis. Go Chiefs!
valkrei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigrichie wrote:
I say we let Keith McGill and Sanders Commings fight for the Free Safety spot this year. Both of them got to be better than Kendrick Lewis. Go Chiefs!

I agree it wont take much to upgrade, but that one hole killed us last year. Not sure if I want to risk it again.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I agree it wont take much to upgrade, but that one hole killed us last year. Not sure if I want to risk it again.

While not our only hole in the past, I'd argue it's been killing us since we drafted Lewis!

-In before Rage says it wasn't Lewis' fault but rather Sutton's.
Morkim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Quote:

While not our only hole in the past, I'd argue it's been killing us since we drafted Lewis!

I blame Sutton. Chiefs need to resign Lewis cheap.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what are your excuses for Lewis being terrible before last year?
Morkim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
So what are your excuses for Lewis being terrible before last year?

I was being sarcastic. Razz

But he wasn't terrible before last year. He just wasn't good. I feel there's a difference.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always thought he was terrible, not terrible for where he was drafted, more someone we could have and should have been looking to improve.

Anyone on here that's been around as long as me can back-up my hatred for Lewis is not a newly developed trait.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Quote:

It was a mix of Lewis and Sutton. But Lewis has not always been a terrible FS. He did well for a rookie in 2010, and did quite well and looked very promising in 2011. Since the injury issues in early 2012 though, he took a HUGE step back in virtually every aspect of his game. Worse tackler, more timid coming down in run support, slower to react in the passing game, and I even think his closing speed seemed much worse this year than in years past.

He's never been an asset, but in 2011 he was about an average FS as a second year low round pick, and there was plenty of reason to be optimistic. I think we gave him the right amount of time. It sucks how much he dragged us down this year, but had 2012 only been a bump in the road due to the injuries and missed reps, we would've looked very smart if he kept developing this year as he had his first two.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
18 catches, 259 yards, 2 TDs
Kcpre

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:

It was a mix of Lewis and Sutton. But Lewis has not always been a terrible FS. He did well for a rookie in 2010, and did quite well and looked very promising in 2011. Since the injury issues in early 2012 though, he took a HUGE step back in virtually every aspect of his game. Worse tackler, more timid coming down in run support, slower to react in the passing game, and I even think his closing speed seemed much worse this year than in years past.

He's never been an asset, but in 2011 he was about an average FS as a second year low round pick, and there was plenty of reason to be optimistic. I think we gave him the right amount of time. It sucks how much he dragged us down this year, but had 2012 only been a bump in the road due to the injuries and missed reps, we would've looked very smart if he kept developing this year as he had his first two.

I think this sums up Lewis pretty much perfectly. I was definitely optimistic about him after the first 2 seasons, it's not that he was great, but seemed to be developing along nicely. Didn't pan out though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: