Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Albert A Dolphin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ViolentMonk71


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 3766
Location: Don Shula's front porch
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChosenOne3188 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ChosenOne3188 wrote:
AngryFinFan wrote:
I don't get the Monroe love!

Albert is a better pass blocker and run blocker then Monroe. There is a good reason why Monroe will be the last of the top 4 OTs signed.


Monroe is a much better run blocker. You are wrong with that statement. The reason people want Monroe is because he does everything well, Albert can only pass protect well.


Monroe has struggles in the ZBS and was one of the reason J-ville let him go. One of the biggest mistakes Ireland made was bringing in guys who were good, but not good fits for the system the Dolphins run....Albert is a better fit...


Branden Albert will also be turning 30 during the season. 10 million per year for a guy who will be past his prime


How is he past his prime? First lets wait and see until the deal is released before we get our panties in a bunch....As much as many hate Aponte...she's pretty good at structuring deals with 2 or 3 year outs. Second...Albert played well last year..if the phins can get 3 good years out of him (taking him to 32/33) then it will be worth it (it will also give them time to draft is replacement).
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChosenOne3188


Joined: 09 May 2008
Posts: 607
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ChosenOne3188 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ChosenOne3188 wrote:
AngryFinFan wrote:
I don't get the Monroe love!

Albert is a better pass blocker and run blocker then Monroe. There is a good reason why Monroe will be the last of the top 4 OTs signed.


Monroe is a much better run blocker. You are wrong with that statement. The reason people want Monroe is because he does everything well, Albert can only pass protect well.


Monroe has struggles in the ZBS and was one of the reason J-ville let him go. One of the biggest mistakes Ireland made was bringing in guys who were good, but not good fits for the system the Dolphins run....Albert is a better fit...


Branden Albert will also be turning 30 during the season. 10 million per year for a guy who will be past his prime


How is he past his prime? First lets wait and see until the deal is released before we get our panties in a bunch....As much as many hate Aponte...she's pretty good at structuring deals with 2 or 3 year outs. Second...Albert played well last year..if the phins can get 3 good years out of him (taking him to 32/33) then it will be worth it (it will also give them time to draft is replacement).


Why would you want to settle for an older stop gap, who has had injuries recently, instead of going after the younger guy who could be a cornerstone for the team for 7+ years?

Don't get me wrong, we needed to address the LT position and it seems like we are. But this looks like complete desperation to me with that contract. There is no way that they should be giving a bottom of the top 10 LT, turning 30 years old, that kind of money.
_________________


AIM/Steam/XBL: ChosenOne3188
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ChosenOne3188


Joined: 09 May 2008
Posts: 607
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ChosenOne3188 wrote:
AngryFinFan wrote:
I don't get the Monroe love!

Albert is a better pass blocker and run blocker then Monroe. There is a good reason why Monroe will be the last of the top 4 OTs signed.


Monroe is a much better run blocker. You are wrong with that statement. The reason people want Monroe is because he does everything well, Albert can only pass protect well.


Monroe has struggles in the ZBS and was one of the reason J-ville let him go. One of the biggest mistakes Ireland made was bringing in guys who were good, but not good fits for the system the Dolphins run....Albert is a better fit...


http://phinphanatic.com/2014/03/10/dolphins-best-option-ot-eugene-monroe/

Quote:
Furthermore, Monroe is the perfect size for Miami’s zone blocking scheme. He is 6 foot 5 and a quick yet strong 305 pounds. Veldheer is 6 foot 8 and 322 pounds. Albert is also a good size at 6 foot 5, 316 pounds, but has struggled to stay healthy, and that could prove costly to Miami late in a season. All three would be able to play in Miami’s scheme, but given Monroe’s healthy past and perfect size, I would give him the advantage in this situation too.

_________________


AIM/Steam/XBL: ChosenOne3188
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ViolentMonk71


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 3766
Location: Don Shula's front porch
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChosenOne3188 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ChosenOne3188 wrote:
AngryFinFan wrote:
I don't get the Monroe love!

Albert is a better pass blocker and run blocker then Monroe. There is a good reason why Monroe will be the last of the top 4 OTs signed.


Monroe is a much better run blocker. You are wrong with that statement. The reason people want Monroe is because he does everything well, Albert can only pass protect well.


Monroe has struggles in the ZBS and was one of the reason J-ville let him go. One of the biggest mistakes Ireland made was bringing in guys who were good, but not good fits for the system the Dolphins run....Albert is a better fit...


http://phinphanatic.com/2014/03/10/dolphins-best-option-ot-eugene-monroe/

Quote:
Furthermore, Monroe is the perfect size for Miami’s zone blocking scheme. He is 6 foot 5 and a quick yet strong 305 pounds. Veldheer is 6 foot 8 and 322 pounds. Albert is also a good size at 6 foot 5, 316 pounds, but has struggled to stay healthy, and that could prove costly to Miami late in a season. All three would be able to play in Miami’s scheme, but given Monroe’s healthy past and perfect size, I would give him the advantage in this situation too.


No exactly a reliable source...

I'm not saying Monroe will not be good, but there was a noticeable drop off in play when the Jags switched to a ZBS last season and why they felt he was expendable. How is it a desperation move? He was one of the top three guys and signed at what looks like will be the market for this years LT's...Monroe and Veldheer will sign similar contracts...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChosenOne3188


Joined: 09 May 2008
Posts: 607
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ChosenOne3188 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ChosenOne3188 wrote:
AngryFinFan wrote:
I don't get the Monroe love!

Albert is a better pass blocker and run blocker then Monroe. There is a good reason why Monroe will be the last of the top 4 OTs signed.


Monroe is a much better run blocker. You are wrong with that statement. The reason people want Monroe is because he does everything well, Albert can only pass protect well.


Monroe has struggles in the ZBS and was one of the reason J-ville let him go. One of the biggest mistakes Ireland made was bringing in guys who were good, but not good fits for the system the Dolphins run....Albert is a better fit...


http://phinphanatic.com/2014/03/10/dolphins-best-option-ot-eugene-monroe/

Quote:
Furthermore, Monroe is the perfect size for Miami’s zone blocking scheme. He is 6 foot 5 and a quick yet strong 305 pounds. Veldheer is 6 foot 8 and 322 pounds. Albert is also a good size at 6 foot 5, 316 pounds, but has struggled to stay healthy, and that could prove costly to Miami late in a season. All three would be able to play in Miami’s scheme, but given Monroe’s healthy past and perfect size, I would give him the advantage in this situation too.


No exactly a reliable source...

I'm not saying Monroe will not be good, but there was a noticeable drop off in play when the Jags switched to a ZBS last season and why they felt he was expendable. How is it a desperation move? He was one of the top three guys and signed at what looks like will be the market for this years LT's...Monroe and Veldheer will sign similar contracts...


Monroe and Veldheer are both 26. Age needs to be valued.
_________________


AIM/Steam/XBL: ChosenOne3188
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ericsvibe


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 681
Location: East Helena, MT
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Peters set the market last week with his 10.3 mil a season average. Say what you want, but NFL agents aren't stupid. They will not let their client sign a below market contract. If Peters is worth 10.3 mil, Albert is worth 10.3 mil a year.

You have to compare the money to what everyone else is receiving that year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patdt13


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 8924
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@B_Albert76: Went to the DMV near FIU..... Quick and easy
_________________

#TeamMeowgatron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ViolentMonk71


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 3766
Location: Don Shula's front porch
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patdt13 wrote:
@B_Albert76: Went to the DMV near FIU..... Quick and easy


Check out who he recently followed on twitter..


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaytotha


Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Posts: 4493
Location: Spokane Valley, Wa
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem with Monroe is he doesn't look like he has the drive to take it to the next level. I've been for Monroe because of age in all honesty Albert has taken it to the next level and wants to play for Miami which will help motivate him
_________________


Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dolphinologist


Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 5594
Location: New York
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChosenOne3188 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ChosenOne3188 wrote:
AngryFinFan wrote:
I don't get the Monroe love!

Albert is a better pass blocker and run blocker then Monroe. There is a good reason why Monroe will be the last of the top 4 OTs signed.


Monroe is a much better run blocker. You are wrong with that statement. The reason people want Monroe is because he does everything well, Albert can only pass protect well.


Monroe has struggles in the ZBS and was one of the reason J-ville let him go. One of the biggest mistakes Ireland made was bringing in guys who were good, but not good fits for the system the Dolphins run....Albert is a better fit...


Branden Albert will also be turning 30 during the season. 10 million per year for a guy who will be past his prime


If Albert was a running back I would agree with you. But Offensive Linemen are like pitchers in baseball. The "prime" years are different due to the required skill set.
_________________


Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AngryFinFan


Joined: 06 Apr 2013
Posts: 226
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChosenOne3188 wrote:
AngryFinFan wrote:
I don't get the Monroe love!

Albert is a better pass blocker and run blocker then Monroe. There is a good reason why Monroe will be the last of the top 4 OTs signed.


Monroe is a much better run blocker. You are wrong with that statement. The reason people want Monroe is because he does everything well, Albert can only pass protect well.


That's your opinion, and it's pretty obvious that other NFL GMs don't see it that way either as Monroe has gotten very little action thus far and looks to be the leftover of the LT group come signing time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChosenOne3188


Joined: 09 May 2008
Posts: 607
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
ChosenOne3188 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ChosenOne3188 wrote:
AngryFinFan wrote:
I don't get the Monroe love!

Albert is a better pass blocker and run blocker then Monroe. There is a good reason why Monroe will be the last of the top 4 OTs signed.


Monroe is a much better run blocker. You are wrong with that statement. The reason people want Monroe is because he does everything well, Albert can only pass protect well.


Monroe has struggles in the ZBS and was one of the reason J-ville let him go. One of the biggest mistakes Ireland made was bringing in guys who were good, but not good fits for the system the Dolphins run....Albert is a better fit...


Branden Albert will also be turning 30 during the season. 10 million per year for a guy who will be past his prime


If Albert was a running back I would agree with you. But Offensive Linemen are like pitchers in baseball. The "prime" years are different due to the required skill set.


But offensive linemen usually have injury problems during these years. He just recently had injury problems, could be a sign of things to come.
_________________


AIM/Steam/XBL: ChosenOne3188
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
AngryFinFan


Joined: 06 Apr 2013
Posts: 226
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only contract off Monroe had on the table was the one the Ravens gave him.

Monroe was the last big 4 LT to sign and signed for the least.

Gotta be a reason that EVERY GM needing a LT felt he was the 4th best out of the group of 4.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaytotha


Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Posts: 4493
Location: Spokane Valley, Wa
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryFinFan wrote:
Only contract off Monroe had on the table was the one the Ravens gave him.

Monroe was the last big 4 LT to sign and signed for the least.

Gotta be a reason that EVERY GM needing a LT felt he was the 4th best out of the group of 4.


I don't think it was necessarily he was the last big 4 on the board. I believe he had legitimate interest in wanting to re-sign with the Ravens.
_________________


Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fishfan4life


Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 1992
Location: santa rosa california
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are both good NFL tackles I am just glad we got one of them
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group