Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Albert A Dolphin
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maddogg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Albert A Dolphin Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24476848/branden-albert-agrees-to-deal-with-dolphins-for-10m-per-year

Huge risk, thats all I got to say.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Albert A Dolphin Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24476848/branden-albert-agrees-to-deal-with-dolphins-for-10m-per-year

Huge risk, thats all I got to say.

I want to see the guaranteed money, thats were we'll see if there id s ridk or not. A 5/50 deal csn essily be seen as a 3/24 deal if the money is right.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it, why would we pay Albert $10 mil per season when we probably could have had Monroe for that much. I am hoping it is not really that high.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until the line is signed its all speculation. Especially when the agent can't talk about any deals with Albert or its tampering

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatewood2 wrote:
I don't get it, why would we pay Albert $10 mil per season when we probably could have had Monroe for that much. I am hoping it is not really that high.

I'm gonna be sick. Why did we not offer this much to Monroe? Why was Monroe not the highest, or even second highest, on our list? Sigh...all we have is FFMD.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doesnt bother me, we get the best pass blocking T in free agency. Monroe is younger and is healthier but hes not the same player albert is. Both are risks, but a tleast, when healthy, albert is the better player for our offense. Hopefully we can pick up a guard and RT as well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO Albert is a better player than Monroe. I would have liked to pursue Monroe but providing Albert plays out his contract ten age will be less of a factor.

Hope this report is accurate but money works out at closer to 8mil per year. Now on to RT and Guards.

^^^Kempes^^^
Phinsnation84

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One has been to a Pro Bowl and one wants 11+ Mil a year. Im fine with anyone who can protect Tannehill

Adopt A Dolphin: Brian Hartline
Final: 76REC 1016YDS 4TD
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Albert more. He was great in college, great for KC before Reid came along, and great after he came along. He may be a bit older and more worn down, but he's still got a full contract in him, most likely. And that's what counts. Just by looking at their trade value last year, Albert was clearly the more valuable player then, and frankly, I don't see how that would have changed after this season. Albert is a better all-around player as he's a bigger force in the run game. And we need that.

Starting LTs make a lot of money. Paying one makes sense, especially when OL was our key weakness last season.
Manic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah if KC hadnt drafted fisher last year u can bet they would have resigned him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the end, he's a pretty big upgrade over what the Dolphins had last year....has played well regardless of what system he played in and he wanted to be in Miami since last year.

The Dolphins now have two good lineman.....3 more to go.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the Monroe love!

Albert is a better pass blocker and run blocker then Monroe. There is a good reason why Monroe will be the last of the top 4 OTs signed.
ChosenOne3188

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryFinFan wrote:

Albert is a better pass blocker and run blocker then Monroe. There is a good reason why Monroe will be the last of the top 4 OTs signed.

Monroe is a much better run blocker. You are wrong with that statement. The reason people want Monroe is because he does everything well, Albert can only pass protect well.

AIM/Steam/XBL: ChosenOne3188
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChosenOne3188 wrote:
AngryFinFan wrote:

Monroe is a much better run blocker. You are wrong with that statement. The reason people want Monroe is because he does everything well, Albert can only pass protect well.

Monroe has struggles in the ZBS and was one of the reason J-ville let him go. One of the biggest mistakes Ireland made was bringing in guys who were good, but not good fits for the system the Dolphins run....Albert is a better fit...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ChosenOne3188 wrote:
AngryFinFan wrote:

Monroe has struggles in the ZBS and was one of the reason J-ville let him go. One of the biggest mistakes Ireland made was bringing in guys who were good, but not good fits for the system the Dolphins run....Albert is a better fit...

Branden Albert will also be turning 30 during the season. 10 million per year for a guy who will be past his prime

AIM/Steam/XBL: ChosenOne3188

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: