Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Albert A Dolphin
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Maddogg


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 1663
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away......
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Albert A Dolphin Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24476848/branden-albert-agrees-to-deal-with-dolphins-for-10m-per-year


Huge risk, thats all I got to say.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman


Joined: 22 May 2005
Posts: 422
Location: Mexico City
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Albert A Dolphin Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24476848/branden-albert-agrees-to-deal-with-dolphins-for-10m-per-year


Huge risk, thats all I got to say.


I want to see the guaranteed money, thats were we'll see if there id s ridk or not. A 5/50 deal csn essily be seen as a 3/24 deal if the money is right.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skatewood2


Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 5742
Location: Kent, WA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it, why would we pay Albert $10 mil per season when we probably could have had Monroe for that much. I am hoping it is not really that high.
_________________



NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaytotha


Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Posts: 4438
Location: Spokane Valley, Wa
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until the line is signed its all speculation. Especially when the agent can't talk about any deals with Albert or its tampering
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
orangetiktac


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 414
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatewood2 wrote:
I don't get it, why would we pay Albert $10 mil per season when we probably could have had Monroe for that much. I am hoping it is not really that high.

I'm gonna be sick. Why did we not offer this much to Monroe? Why was Monroe not the highest, or even second highest, on our list? Sigh...all we have is FFMD.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Manic


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 1540
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doesnt bother me, we get the best pass blocking T in free agency. Monroe is younger and is healthier but hes not the same player albert is. Both are risks, but a tleast, when healthy, albert is the better player for our offense. Hopefully we can pick up a guard and RT as well.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mountainpd


Joined: 21 Mar 2010
Posts: 2591
Location: Fareham, UK
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO Albert is a better player than Monroe. I would have liked to pursue Monroe but providing Albert plays out his contract ten age will be less of a factor.

Hope this report is accurate but money works out at closer to 8mil per year. Now on to RT and Guards.
_________________


^^^Kempes^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Phinsnation84


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 521
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One has been to a Pro Bowl and one wants 11+ Mil a year. Im fine with anyone who can protect Tannehill
_________________

Adopt A Dolphin: Brian Hartline
Final: 76REC 1016YDS 4TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JCool333


Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Posts: 12767
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Albert more. He was great in college, great for KC before Reid came along, and great after he came along. He may be a bit older and more worn down, but he's still got a full contract in him, most likely. And that's what counts. Just by looking at their trade value last year, Albert was clearly the more valuable player then, and frankly, I don't see how that would have changed after this season. Albert is a better all-around player as he's a bigger force in the run game. And we need that.

Starting LTs make a lot of money. Paying one makes sense, especially when OL was our key weakness last season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Manic


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 1540
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah if KC hadnt drafted fisher last year u can bet they would have resigned him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ViolentMonk71


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 3766
Location: Don Shula's front porch
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the end, he's a pretty big upgrade over what the Dolphins had last year....has played well regardless of what system he played in and he wanted to be in Miami since last year.

The Dolphins now have two good lineman.....3 more to go.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AngryFinFan


Joined: 06 Apr 2013
Posts: 195
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the Monroe love!

Albert is a better pass blocker and run blocker then Monroe. There is a good reason why Monroe will be the last of the top 4 OTs signed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChosenOne3188


Joined: 09 May 2008
Posts: 585
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryFinFan wrote:
I don't get the Monroe love!

Albert is a better pass blocker and run blocker then Monroe. There is a good reason why Monroe will be the last of the top 4 OTs signed.


Monroe is a much better run blocker. You are wrong with that statement. The reason people want Monroe is because he does everything well, Albert can only pass protect well.
_________________


AIM/Steam/XBL: ChosenOne3188
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ViolentMonk71


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 3766
Location: Don Shula's front porch
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChosenOne3188 wrote:
AngryFinFan wrote:
I don't get the Monroe love!

Albert is a better pass blocker and run blocker then Monroe. There is a good reason why Monroe will be the last of the top 4 OTs signed.


Monroe is a much better run blocker. You are wrong with that statement. The reason people want Monroe is because he does everything well, Albert can only pass protect well.


Monroe has struggles in the ZBS and was one of the reason J-ville let him go. One of the biggest mistakes Ireland made was bringing in guys who were good, but not good fits for the system the Dolphins run....Albert is a better fit...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChosenOne3188


Joined: 09 May 2008
Posts: 585
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ChosenOne3188 wrote:
AngryFinFan wrote:
I don't get the Monroe love!

Albert is a better pass blocker and run blocker then Monroe. There is a good reason why Monroe will be the last of the top 4 OTs signed.


Monroe is a much better run blocker. You are wrong with that statement. The reason people want Monroe is because he does everything well, Albert can only pass protect well.


Monroe has struggles in the ZBS and was one of the reason J-ville let him go. One of the biggest mistakes Ireland made was bringing in guys who were good, but not good fits for the system the Dolphins run....Albert is a better fit...


Branden Albert will also be turning 30 during the season. 10 million per year for a guy who will be past his prime
_________________


AIM/Steam/XBL: ChosenOne3188
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group