Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Free Agency News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burnoutonme wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
Any word on how the takings went with Decoud?

We're in negotiations with him, but there is apparently no imminent chance of a deal.

read; we gave him an offer that he didn't like, so he's going whine over it and "slow play" his market. He'll wait to confirm that no other team likes players nearing 30, at which point he'll sign with us for a small amount of money.

gettlemagic playing hardball. Could end up burning us but I like it. no more overpaying.

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
boondock

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impulser12000 wrote:
burnoutonme wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:

We're in negotiations with him, but there is apparently no imminent chance of a deal.

read; we gave him an offer that he didn't like, so he's going whine over it and "slow play" his market. He'll wait to confirm that no other team likes players nearing 30, at which point he'll sign with us for a small amount of money.

gettlemagic playing hardball. Could end up burning us but I like it. no more overpaying.

How could it burn us? It really doesn't matter who we have in our secondary as long as they somewhat do their job based on how awesome our front 7 is.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we end up not being able to sign DeCoud and we cut Godfrey (for cap savings), how do you guys feel with Lester & Harper starting and us taking a safety in the 4th to 6th round range to eventually replace Harper and provide depth to the position?
boondock

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesweCAM wrote:
If we end up not being able to sign DeCoud and we cut Godfrey (for cap savings), how do you guys feel with Lester & Harper starting and us taking a safety in the 4th to 6th round range to eventually replace Harper and provide depth to the position?

I'm not opposed to taking someone in the draft, I imagine we'll go BPA throughout. There's also other options on the table like bringing back Mikel.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesweCAM wrote:

Not a huge fan, would rather have the veteran experience back there (Harper and Decoud) giving Lester another year to grow and learn
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
Impulser12000 wrote:
burnoutonme wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:

How could it burn us? It really doesn't matter who we have in our secondary as long as they somewhat do their job based on how awesome our front 7 is.

what I mean is that playing hardball you can undersell people and they might sign with other teams for reasonable terms.

BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5840/ed-dickson

Ed Dickson in Carolina for a visit.

2011 OROY Winner - Cam Newton
2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2013 DPOY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2014 OROY Watch - Kelvin Benjamin
panther dude

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like he signed.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panther dude wrote:
It sounds like he signed.

Yes JJones9 says a 1 year deal.
Veteran min per Joe Person.

Thanks CK
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidney Rice cleared to play now. Panthers among teams who have interest per PFT.

Thanks CK
Lasus83

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnydtarheel wrote:
Sidney Rice cleared to play now. Panthers among teams who have interest per PFT.

I'm for signing him. But I'm biased... I watched him at SC when he was a beast (a lot like alshon). If he is signed, it turns the draft very quickly to OLine and our double-down scenario (posted... what?... a month back?) starts looking very real.

Rice
Avant
Cotchery
Underwood

I'd take that over our last year's set of WR's. Keep in mind too, that OL players come "into their own" faster that WR's, usually. Still learning to do. But not, usually, the 3 year variety that WR's take... read: more win-now mentality.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were a team that went 4-wide a lot, I could live with that group. But we're a 2/3 receiver base, rarely if ever do we run with 4.

At best, that group has a #2 receiver (Rice), a couple good route runners (Cotchery/Avant), and a complete Wild Card in Underwood.

Worst case, it has an oft injured, below average #2 (Rice), two over the hill guys who got by on technique even when they were more athletic (Cotchery/Avant), and a fringe roster player who bounces from team to team.

Either way, I like it a lot more with a potential #1 coming early in the draft.
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd still like to take a look at danario alexander. has #1 potential, should be cheap but the drawback with him is his injury history. when healthy he's a beast

atown703

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impulser12000 wrote:
I'd still like to take a look at danario alexander. has #1 potential, should be cheap but the drawback with him is his injury history. when healthy he's a beast
Yeah Danario is a younger and probably cheaper option than Rice. Both injury prone but I think Danario is the better option IMO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atown703 wrote:
Impulser12000 wrote:
Yeah Danario is a younger and probably cheaper option than Rice. Both injury prone but I think Danario is the better option IMO

DX is pretty exciting, and I'm really pulling for him to recover, but he reportedly has dealt with "major complications" from his last ACL surgery and had to go under the knife again in January to remove an infection. It's going to be awhile before he's cleared to play, I'm guessing. He was who I was pulling for before the complications, with Ron's San Diego ties and such.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

Jump to: