Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Free Agency News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjkilla

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would love stevie. the only thing is he's never healthy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
would love stevie. the only thing is he's never healthy

And inconsistent.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and maybe as big a headache as smitty or djax...also cutting stevie only frees up 25 gs in cap space. i could def see buffalo holding onto him for this year or maybe trying to move him at the deadline

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers talking to Colin Cole

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/06/panthers-talking-to-colin-cole-about-return/

Would love to see him come back very good against run support and a guy value that's not going to show up on that stat sheet. If Panthers sign Thomas DeCoud also this defense going to be nasty and no less than top five all year if healthy.
boondock

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin Cole is a good presence for us to pick up. He's basically our big man when Star is resting.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/04/06/4823233/carolina-panthers-jason-avant.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#.U0IWt_ldX5E

Panthers bringing in Jason Avant tomorrow. I wanted this one before Cotchery, but I don't see how it could hurt now. Really good team guy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burnoutonme wrote:
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/04/06/4823233/carolina-panthers-jason-avant.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#.U0IWt_ldX5E

Panthers bringing in Jason Avant tomorrow. I wanted this one before Cotchery, but I don't see how it could hurt now. Really good team guy.

38 receptions for 447 yards and 2 TD, last yrs stats.

2011 OROY Winner - Cam Newton
2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2013 DPOY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2014 OROY Watch - Kelvin Benjamin
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avant can be a solid chain-mover out of the slot. A lot of people are comparing Jarvis Landry to Avant.
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy with bringing in Avant, he's got solid hands and is a solid player. I don't think he's going to burn anyone, but if he can give us 40-50 catches, I'd be pleased.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
I would be happy with bringing in Avant, he's got solid hands and is a solid player. I don't think he's going to burn anyone, but if he can give us 40-50 catches, I'd be pleased.

Agreed. If we bring him in, we'll have 2 of the "Ricky Proehl" types in the roster, if you would. The thing that I like a lot about Cotchery and Avant is that they both come from teams with a history of mobile QB's (Big Ben/McNabb/Vick) that are capable of extending plays. They're used to their QB escaping a broken pocket, and have experience getting open on broken plays.

Still think we need another receiver who can really take the top off of the defense, but I wouldn't be AS worried about our WR corps if we made this signing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burnoutonme wrote:
boondock wrote:

Agreed. If we bring him in, we'll have 2 of the "Ricky Proehl" types in the roster, if you would. The thing that I like a lot about Cotchery and Avant is that they both come from teams with a history of mobile QB's (Big Ben/McNabb/Vick) that are capable of extending plays. They're used to their QB escaping a broken pocket, and have experience getting open on broken plays.

Still think we need another receiver who can really take the top off of the defense, but I wouldn't be AS worried about our WR corps if we made this signing.

I agree with this 100%. He would be a great sign for cheap. Seems like we are setting the table with veteran guys and will definitely be added at least two more in the draft that hopefully bring more talent to the equation.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burnoutonme wrote:
boondock wrote:

I think that's what we'll aim for the in the draft with an Odell Beckham or Brandin Cooks in the 1st or a Davante Adams in the 2nd.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
burnoutonme wrote:
boondock wrote:

I think that's what we'll aim for the in the draft with an Odell Beckham or Brandin Cooks in the 1st or a Davante Adams in the 2nd.

I'd love to see Cooks or OBJ to fall to us, but I'm starting to wonder if it's going to happen. This whole delayed draft is messing with my head, haha!

I was big on Latimer too, but his stock just keeps rising to the point where he's probably on par with Matthews, Adams, etc. I wonder if he'll be there when we pick in the 2nd. Proehl and our director of college scouting are having dinner with him tomorrow, then running him through a classroom session on Wednesday. The interest seems real.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on how the takings went with Decoud?
burnoutonme

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
Any word on how the takings went with Decoud?

We're in negotiations with him, but there is apparently no imminent chance of a deal.

read; we gave him an offer that he didn't like, so he's going whine over it and "slow play" his market. He'll wait to confirm that no other team likes players nearing 30, at which point he'll sign with us for a small amount of money.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 28 of 30

Jump to: