Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs Signings in FA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
valkrei


Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 4524
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/3/14/5508140/vance-walker-kansas-city-chiefs-free-agent

Vance Walker might be a Chief
_________________


Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jakuvious


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 9069
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Walker signing. He hasn't played in a 3-4 before, but at the very worst, he's a definite upgrade for our nickel packages next to Poe when we're basically a 4-2-5 anyway.

For perspective, for those who have been asking about what he adds as a pass rusher, last year, Jackson, DeVito, and Bailey combined for 5 sacks, 4 hits, and 38 pressures. That's 3 players and about 1500 combined snaps. Vance Walker, in about half that many snaps, on his own, notched 3 sacks, 6 hits, and 32 pressures.

And that was his first year as a starter, so he certainly has room to grow still as well, and is only 26, I believe.
_________________

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
7 catches, 130 yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6560
Location: SC
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is with all of these reports of free agent signings that the players agent then denies?!It looks like the agent for Walker is denying he has signed with the Chiefs. It is either some really shoddy reporting or the agent is playing games trying to get other offers on the table.
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chiefs82


Joined: 19 Jan 2007
Posts: 4383
Location: Your Mom's House.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
What is with all of these reports of free agent signings that the players agent then denies?!It looks like the agent for Walker is denying he has signed with the Chiefs. It is either some really shoddy reporting or the agent is playing games trying to get other offers on the table.



Edit: Probably a little of both. News leaked of a signing then agent denies but now teams are aware and can place higher bids for their clients
_________________

________________
ryknowssd on the sig
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:3/TFL:2/Sacks:2/FF:0/FR:0


Last edited by chiefs82 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18592
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
What is with all of these reports of free agent signings that the players agent then denies?!It looks like the agent for Walker is denying he has signed with the Chiefs. It is either some really shoddy reporting or the agent is playing games trying to get other offers on the table.



Probably a little of both. News leaked of a signing then agent denies but now teams are aware and can place higher buds for their clients


we talking about the broncos here, bud?
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chiefs82


Joined: 19 Jan 2007
Posts: 4383
Location: Your Mom's House.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
What is with all of these reports of free agent signings that the players agent then denies?!It looks like the agent for Walker is denying he has signed with the Chiefs. It is either some really shoddy reporting or the agent is playing games trying to get other offers on the table.



Probably a little of both. News leaked of a signing then agent denies but now teams are aware and can place higher buds for their clients


we talking about the broncos here, bud?


Typing from my phone lol sorry
_________________

________________
ryknowssd on the sig
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:3/TFL:2/Sacks:2/FF:0/FR:0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
valkrei


Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 4524
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
What is with all of these reports of free agent signings that the players agent then denies?!It looks like the agent for Walker is denying he has signed with the Chiefs. It is either some really shoddy reporting or the agent is playing games trying to get other offers on the table.


FA is full of rumors but keeps things interesting at least.
_________________


Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18592
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1993578-breaking-down-new-kansas-city-chiefs-dl-vance-walker - BJ used to write for AP before BR. He's a really good football mind IMO.
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
valkrei


Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 4524
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1993578-breaking-down-new-kansas-city-chiefs-dl-vance-walker - BJ used to write for AP before BR. He's a really good football mind IMO.


scratch Tuit off the possible draft lists.
_________________


Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18592
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1993578-breaking-down-new-kansas-city-chiefs-dl-vance-walker - BJ used to write for AP before BR. He's a really good football mind IMO.


scratch Tuit off the possible draft lists.


thank God
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kingseanjohn


Joined: 16 Oct 2009
Posts: 2638
Location: Global
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
valkrei wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1993578-breaking-down-new-kansas-city-chiefs-dl-vance-walker - BJ used to write for AP before BR. He's a really good football mind IMO.


scratch Tuit off the possible draft lists.


thank God


So it's WR, OG or S in order I'm thinking.
_________________


2014 Adopt-A-Chief: Jamaal Charles
Carries:9/Yds:23/TD:0/YPC:2.6
Rec:5/Yds:23/TD:0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiefer


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 11237
Location: Somewhere in an Arizona Desert...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1993578-breaking-down-new-kansas-city-chiefs-dl-vance-walker - BJ used to write for AP before BR. He's a really good football mind IMO.


scratch Tuit off the possible draft lists.

Walker doesn't have the size to play 5-tech.

Tuitt unscratched.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jakuvious


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 9069
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
valkrei wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1993578-breaking-down-new-kansas-city-chiefs-dl-vance-walker - BJ used to write for AP before BR. He's a really good football mind IMO.


scratch Tuit off the possible draft lists.

Walker doesn't have the size to play 5-tech.

Tuitt unscratched.


In what world? Walker is bigger than Jackson, though slightly shorter. He's bigger and slightly taller than Dorsey. He's virtually identical in size to Mike DeVito. He's maybe a bit too short, but he still has a solid 2 inches on Dorsey.

Is he as big as Tuitt? No, but no 5-techs really are. Only Calais Campbell matches the height, and I can't find a single 3-4 DE as heavy as Tuitt. If anything, Tuitt doesn't have the natural size for a 3-4 DE as he's a good bit taller and heavier than the archetype.
_________________

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
7 catches, 130 yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
valkrei


Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 4524
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/3/19/5527204/kansas-city-chiefs-free-agent-cory-grissom

Another DL to compete
_________________


Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiefer


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 11237
Location: Somewhere in an Arizona Desert...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:

In what world? Walker is bigger than Jackson, though slightly shorter. He's bigger and slightly taller than Dorsey. He's virtually identical in size to Mike DeVito. He's maybe a bit too short, but he still has a solid 2 inches on Dorsey.

Is he as big as Tuitt? No, but no 5-techs really are. Only Calais Campbell matches the height, and I can't find a single 3-4 DE as heavy as Tuitt. If anything, Tuitt doesn't have the natural size for a 3-4 DE as he's a good bit taller and heavier than the archetype.

I like my 5-techs to be 6-3 or taller. Dorsey definitely did not fit the mold and failed, but now he's a solid Nose Tackle for the 9ers.

Of course there are exceptions to the rule, Vance has long arms something I didn't know before so theoretically he's got a chance. I know it may seem petty because Vance is only one inch off.

But the dude cannot take on a double team to save his life. One-one-One he's gonna win most times, but I'm scared of him against the run. Especially if we're gonna continue to use Berry as a LB. Bad memories of the Buffalo game. I think Devito may need to take over LE duties.

He fits what we need as a Nickel rusher though, because he can defeat a single team. Potentially a complete game-changer for the defense as a whole. People might laugh, but we've finally found our 4-man rush fellas.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group