Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EV Mock 2.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EddieVedder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: EV Mock 2.0 Reply with quote

Iíve been using first-pick for my mocks. Obviously, it wonít be accurate, but here it is.

(readers note: i realize that after compensatory picks, that the actual overall numbers will change for each player)

I really donít want to speculate on free agents, so Im sorry if thatís what you came looking for. Iím going to assume theyíll address the LB position, Guard, DE/DT depth. Iím not going to predict salary cap numbers.

FYI, I see Byrd playing for another team in 2014.

9th overall: OT Michigan, Taylor Lewan
Isnít exciting, not a receiver, Matthews was taken. Robinson was taken. I know analytics donít value RT that high, but to me, I just donít feel comfortable with a TE or WR at 9, just because Buffalo canít afford to draft somebody that will be inconsistent in 2014, not to say Lewan doesnít present that option, he just seems to be the safest, highest rated player that was available at 9. I know everyone some will say they want a playmaker at 9 to help EJ Manuel, but a player stabilizing the offensive line is just as important. He is a day 1 starter, ideally playing every snap, providing Buffalo with a tackle that will help the pass game, and the running game, especially if Buffalo continues to give CJ and Fred Jackson 30 carries a game. Trading down a few spots and picking up Lewan is an alternative option as well if it presents itself, as some will see this as too high for him.

41st overall: TE Washington, Austin Seferian-Jenkins.
I like the idea of a big tight end, and to be honest, I think a tight end down the middle could be more valuable to EJ Manuel than a big WR on the outside, but thatís just my opinion. He has the size that Bills fans want in a WR, a great red zone threat for Buffalo, and provides great use of a 2nd pick that can start right away.

73rd overall: WR Ole Miss Donte Moncfrief.
This is a prospect Iíve been following for a few years, and really, really like, so let me apologize in advance for my bias. Moncrief dominated in the SEC, has great size (6í3, 225) catches the football with his hands, has a great first step off the LOS, but struggles with his route running at times. He is an ideal 3rd round prospect in that he can contribute to the offense right away, (just like Goodwin did in 2013) but wonít give the stress of using a 1st round pick on a position that usually is the toughest for rookies to adjust too. Heíll be an inconsistent player in 2014, but has so much raw talent to pass up in my opinion.

105th overall: ILB Wisconsin Chris Borland
It was a toss up between a guard and inside linebacker, but assuming free agency brings in an adequate starter, this is when I finally turn to the defense in the draft. As sad as it is to see Pettine leave after Buffaloís defense made a great turn around, they still struggled in the run game. Borland is a run-stuffing machine who plays at 100 MPH. A true thumper, Borland can put the football on the floor, as well as flashing skill at getting to the QB every once in awhile.

137th overall: DE/DT Alabame Ed Stinson
A DE/DT type of end that specializes in stopping the run, Buffalo drafts a 2013 All-SEC 2nd team player that adds to a team that struggles in that department. Not to be confused as a pass rushing end, Stinson provides depth to a position that offers little in run support.

169th overall: OG Notre Dame Chris Watt
A 5 star recruit coming out of high school, Watt made 34 starts before injuring himself in his senior year. A better run blocker than pass blocker, Watt has the size and toughness to potentially earn a starting spot one day in his career.

201st overall: RB Tennessee Rajion Neal
Fred Jackson is easily one of my favorite Buffalo Bills ever. He has a few more big moments left to make for the Bills, but unfortunately his window is closing. CJ Spillerís contract expires after 2014. Ronnie Wingo is a virtual unknown. Neal is blessed with a big lower half, bringing a nice power edge to his game. Reminiscent of another former Volunteer in Travis Henry, Neal has great lower pad level, and is able to bounce off of his defenders. A nice attribute Neal possess is pass blocking, shows a willingness to stand in and take a blitz to his face for the betterment of his team.
jsnydes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mock is a little piece of perfection if you ask me.

TommyC376^^^
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we get Borland it would be in the 3rd IMO and I wouldn't be upset with Taylor Lewan, especially considering who you mocked to us.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy with this. Warming up to Lewan.

BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
I'd be happy with this. Warming up to Lewan.

He is getting severely overlooked because of the top end talent this draft. He has looked good on tape and had a awesome combine. I'd rank him as high as Luke Joeckel last year

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You honestly hit every need so I don't see a problem with this.

I like Lewan, he is your typical lunch pale blue collar worker. I believe we could trade back a few spots (should someone want to trade up) and still land Lewan. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: