Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

how many bucs fans are there?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinkysmith

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: how many bucs fans are there? Reply with quote

i'm not a bucs fan and i don't live in tampa so i'm wondering how many bucs fans there are? i hear from a lot of people that the bucs are "the least popular team". is this true? how popular are the bucs down in tampa and florida?
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got about 40 on this site. I don't know what that means though.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: how many bucs fans are there? Reply with quote

pinkysmith wrote:
i'm not a bucs fan and i don't live in tampa so i'm wondering how many bucs fans there are? i hear from a lot of people that the bucs are "the least popular team". is this true? how popular are the bucs down in tampa and florida?

This site isn't a good indicator to determine popularity. But being from pa the Pittsburgh/Ohio region I've seen a good amount of bucs fans. Traveling on business to Arkansas I've seen quite a few Tampa jackets and hats myself I've never been to Tampa but I grew up watching football and I was given a buccaneers duffle bag and figured I'd follow this team and went with it when I was 7.
mfw096

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being from Florida and living there all my life till the recent past two years I would say there is a good amount of fans especially in Florida. You will see even more fans when we are winning, but unfortunately for the Bucs many of those fans are fair weather fans. A lot of people are from up north in Florida especially in the bay area so you see a lot of fans who root for their northern hometown teams and that's rightfully so, but the problem I have with it is that Florida and the bay area of Tampa Bay is your home now and you should feel privileged and honored to have a team in your area and even in your state and most don't. Anyways there is a good amount. Surprisingly here in Vegas I've seen a good amount of fans out here as well and a few vehicles out here as well showing off the Bucs. The best thing I've seen out here in Vegas is a van painted all out with the Bucs logo and colors all over it.
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a lot easier if you count the empty seats.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say least popular team. I'd give that title to our northern Florida neighbors. But for most teams, popularity comes with winning and we haven't won a playoff game in 11 years.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're def more popular than the Jags.

Maybe we're more popular than other teams but I don't pay much attention to other franchises fans.

I will say that from around 1996 to 2003ish, the fanbase in Tampa was really strong and united. Sell outs and all kinds of coverage of the team from television to radio. I think a lot of fans are still sore over the way some of the franchises stars were let go. I know people still bitter over getting rid of Tony Dungy. Fans were in love with players like Brooks, Alstott, Lynch, Ronde, etc. It was more than just rooting for them, they had emotional connections to those guys and cheered for them as if they were close friends. It was a unique period of having talented guys that were pro bowlers on the field and involved in the community/well known off the field. Well all of those guys are gone and I'm not sure any likable fan favorites have stepped up to replace those guys.

Having guys like Blount, Talib, Mike Williams, Josh Freeman, Schiano has really turned a lot of Bucs fans off, because they aren't as relateable or likeable as the Warrick Dunn's the team used to have. Even when we had Sapp and Meshawn, we still balanced it out with likable guys. We're trying to push Gerald McCoy and Doug Martin as the new generation of fan favorites but I'm not sure it's really working.

I live in the Bay area and know a lot of Bucs fans. They still root for the team but a lot of them don't have the same passion they had when they were rooting for the late 90s mid 2000s teams. Maybe that has to do with winning. But I think part of the issue is the PR blunders the Glazers have made the past 10 years or so.

Props to Eggy

Last edited by He Hate Me on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:41 am; edited 2 times in total
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably 11.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always thought that the jags represented north florida, the dolphins south, and the bucs were hanging out in the middle.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now the number is at approximately 483,903...

I mean what kind of question is this?
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Cali and have met 5 other Buccaneers fans during my whole entire life

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mfw096 wrote:
Being from Florida and living there all my life till the recent past two years I would say there is a good amount of fans especially in Florida. You will see even more fans when we are winning, but unfortunately for the Bucs many of those fans are fair weather fans. A lot of people are from up north in Florida especially in the bay area so you see a lot of fans who root for their northern hometown teams and that's rightfully so, but the problem I have with it is that Florida and the bay area of Tampa Bay is your home now and you should feel privileged and honored to have a team in your area and even in your state and most don't. Anyways there is a good amount. Surprisingly here in Vegas I've seen a good amount of fans out here as well and a few vehicles out here as well showing off the Bucs. The best thing I've seen out here in Vegas is a van painted all out with the Bucs logo and colors all over it.

I got my sticker and license plate frame!!

Ive met quite a few bucs fans out here surprisingly, we got alot of fans from that 1998-2004 range that loved our defense and logo. We'll see if that happens again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
mfw096 wrote:

I got my sticker and license plate frame!!

Ive met quite a few bucs fans out here surprisingly, we got alot of fans from that 1998-2004 range that loved our defense and logo. We'll see if that happens again.

It'll be a tough(er) sell with the new, [uglier] jerseys.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
It'll be a tough(er) sell with the new, [uglier] jerseys.

you know it's funny. All of the people I've talked to out here like em. Maybe its a Vegas thing Laughing Laughing

In all honesty I was a kid that picked the Bucs because of how dominant they were on defense. As a kid I idolized Rice and when Sapp chased him down on a reverse I was sold....

Good play will get this fan base back strong

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: