Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you be mad if we skipped over Bridgewater
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vino

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Would you be mad if we skipped over Bridgewater Reply with quote

For say Mack?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why yes, i think i would be. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDK how you couldn't be. Top QB prospect in this draft without a doubt and most Jaguars fans wanted us to lose games to get the guy. I love Mack, but we need a QB. Bridgewater would give us a franchise guy for the long haul.

#BortlesKombat
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking a high ceiling pass-rusher over a low-ceiling quarterback? Even Teddy fans probably wouldn't be mad. Disappointed, yes... But not mad.

I'm not a fan of Teddy at 3, so I'd be disappointed if we took him regardless, though I prefer Barr over Mack.

Among the guys who are being discussed, the only guy who'd bother me would be Manziel - I believe history will look back on Johnny Football as a Tiny Tebow.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Taking a high ceiling pass-rusher over a low-ceiling quarterback? Even Teddy fans probably wouldn't be mad. Disappointed, yes... But not mad.

I'm not a fan of Teddy at 3, so I'd be disappointed if we took him regardless, though I prefer Barr over Mack.

Among the guys who are being discussed, the only guy who'd bother me would be Manziel - I believe history will look back on Johnny Football as a Tiny Tebow.

How does Teddy have a low ceiling? Confused

#BortlesKombat
Vino

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:

Agree about Teddy to a certain extent, disagree about Barr over Mack.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:

you can't argue he had a high ceiling.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:

He's pretty polished and should be a very good QB in the NFL, i don't know what more you can expect from a QB prospect.

He may never become a Tom Brady/Peyton Manning guy, but rarely does any QB do. He is a QB that can lead a team and take you where you want to be. That type of QB you take over a good pass rusher.

#BortlesKombat
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:

I really feel like some people are looking at Teddy in that highly conservative Louisville offense, seeing the relative lack of real big "splash plays" compared to what you might find at Oregon for example, and assuming that is his "ceiling". He has a very nice skillset and the tools that imply a much higher upside to me. In a more "dynamic" offense, i don't think we'd be hearing a peep about Teddy's alleged "low ceiling".

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Teddy doesn't have as high of a ceiling as a Ryan Leaf, a Michael Vick, a Kyle Boller, a Vince Young, or a Blaine Gabbert, but those guys never reach their ceilings. They never come close to their ceilings because they don't have the mental aspect of the game down.

Teddy's "low ceiling" is the same low ceiling that Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers have. His "low ceiling" is the same "low ceiling" argument that people used against Peyton Manning when suggesting Ryan Leaf was a better prospect.

The QB with the elite mental make up and very good physical skill (a la Teddy) >>>>>>>>>> the below average mental make up players who have "high ceilings" because they are so physically gifted.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on who we take to the level of how pissed i'd be.

Teddy is my #1, but if we pass on him for Clowney, then I wont be very upset so long as he brings it, I'd be slightly more upset if we pass on Teddy AND Clowney for Mack(who is my #3)

I would be very pissed if we took any other QB at 3, took an OT or anyone else not named Watkins, although I'd still be upset if we took a WR at #3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
I guess Teddy doesn't have as high of a ceiling as a Ryan Leaf, a Michael Vick, a Kyle Boller, a Vince Young, or a Blaine Gabbert, but those guys never reach their ceilings. They never come close to their ceilings because they don't have the mental aspect of the game down.

Teddy's "low ceiling" is the same low ceiling that Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers have. His "low ceiling" is the same "low ceiling" argument that people used against Peyton Manning when suggesting Ryan Leaf was a better prospect.

The QB with the elite mental make up and very good physical skill (a la Teddy) >>>>>>>>>> the below average mental make up players who have "high ceilings" because they are so physically gifted.

The ceiling argument is hogwash
IAJags

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will dictate whether or not I put effort into watching the Jaguars play in 2014 anyways. Because I have no interest in watching Henne be Henne for another season. I have better things I could do on Sunday.
Vino

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

Are you saying he's going to be Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers?

.Buzz wrote:
Vino wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:

He's pretty polished and should be a very good QB in the NFL, i don't know what more you can expect from a QB prospect.

He may never become a Tom Brady/Peyton Manning guy, but rarely does any QB do. He is a QB that can lead a team and take you where you want to be. That type of QB you take over a good pass rusher.
Might not get a chance behind our non existant O-Line, which I think is something people here ignore. We don't have an O-Line, if we threw Teddy out there how long would he survive, especially when he already has concerns about his body frame? We're like the expansion Texans right now.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Are you saying he's going to be Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers?
I'm saying that he could be, and that he has a far better chance of reaching that ceiling than the imaginary ceilings that all these other QBs are given that they can't reach because they can't develop anywhere near as far as Teddy already is developed mentally. Teddy's going to be, at minimum, a top 10 QB, and likely a top 5, borderline All Pro year in, year out.

Quote:
Might not get a chance behind our non existant O-Line, which I think is something people here ignore. We don't have an O-Line, if we threw Teddy out there how long would he survive,
We have bookend tackles, so we only have a need at three spots. We have 9 draft picks (4 in rounds 2-4) outside of the one that would be used on Teddy, in a draft that is heavy in quality interior o-linemen in the middle rounds, and we have $50 million in cap space. We'll have no trouble finding three interior linemen.

Quote:
especially when he already has concerns about his body frame?
He doesn't. That argument went out the window when he weighed in at the combine.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: