Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Best safety combo ...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bosko1616

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Best safety combo ... Reply with quote

I don't see us resigning Ward and going all in on Byrd so I came up with a few combo's that I would like too see happen if we were to sign Byrd ... what you guys think ? Obviously in a fantasy world we could keep Ward and sign Byrd but I don't see that happening

Byrd and Gipson

Byrd and Delmas

Byrd and Ihedigbo

Byrd and Whitner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we frontload some of these deals, it will limit the number of players we can sign, but we would be able to get Ward/Byrd/Mack/ Haden extended, etc.

If we did go for Byrd and not Ward, I think Gipson would be great at SS. It would take some pressure off him as far as some of his weaknesses. However, he is a young, developing talent who had a pretty good season for us last year.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Best safety combo ... Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:
I don't see us resigning Ward and going all in on Byrd so I came up with a few combo's that I would like too see happen if we were to sign Byrd ... what you guys think ? Obviously in a fantasy world we could keep Ward and sign Byrd but I don't see that happening

Byrd and Gipson

Byrd and Delmas

Byrd and Ihedigbo

Byrd and Whitner

If we go the FA route that's my combo.

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
If we frontload some of these deals, it will limit the number of players we can sign, but we would be able to get Ward/Byrd/Mack/ Haden extended, etc.

If we did go for Byrd and not Ward, I think Gipson would be great at SS. It would take some pressure off him as far as some of his weaknesses. However, he is a young, developing talent who had a pretty good season for us last year.

I have heard that Gipson is very versatile. However, the one name that I haven't heard mentioned in this conversation is Johnson Bademosi. Every position that he has been asked to play, he has played well. I think he would be a hell of a strong safety.

Last edited by brooks1957 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byrd and Ward....

Jimmy Ward
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:

He would be an upgrade as far as coverage abilities at SS
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we dont bring back Ward I would want to see...

Byrd and Gipson or Byrd and Whitner.

I think Whitner would be nice to watch. I think he would play a little better than he is just by playing in Cleveland.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
If we dont bring back Ward I would want to see...

Byrd and Gipson or Byrd and Whitner.

I think Whitner would be nice to watch. I think he would play a little better than he is just by playing in Cleveland.

That would be nice, plus he would probably we a lot cheaper than Ward, and he would fill a lot of the leadership void in the locker room as well.
JM95

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from obviously the most expensive option in Byrd and Ward. Would like Stevie Brown and Gipson, although neither is top level talent it would not be bad and would not break the bank so we could focus on keeping our key guys locked up.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

This is one of those times where we have the money for both but could you really justify spending 9 million on Byrd and probably close to 9 million on Ward for the safety positions? Add 10 million a year for Mack and we have used up about 30 million in cap space on the C, SS, FS positions. We will have to resign Haden Gordon Cameron at one point and a potential franchise QB.

That being said, Byrd and Gipson are my pick.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
This is one of those times where we have the money for both but could you really justify spending 9 million on Byrd and probably close to 9 million on Ward for the safety positions? Add 10 million a year for Mack and we have used up about 30 million in cap space on the C, SS, FS positions. We will have to resign Haden Gordon Cameron at one point and a potential franchise QB.

That being said, Byrd and Gipson are my pick.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

No, you can't justify it. That is far too expensive a secondary and eventually we will have to take away from another important position.

Having said that Byrd/gipson would be my choice also.

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
bigdogsandiego

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow the money!

Ward is testing the market for money. Byrd is looking for the big contract and the money.

Whitner is now stating he would really love to come "home" and his contract would be 3-4 yrs @20M which is a better value than paying 8-10M yr for Ward and 10-12 for Byrd although I still think we are going to make Byrd an offer.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: hmmmm Reply with quote

bigdogsandiego wrote:
Follow the money!

Ward is testing the market for money. Byrd is looking for the big contract and the money.

Whitner is now stating he would really love to come "home" and his contract would be 3-4 yrs @20M which is a better value than paying 8-10M yr for Ward and 10-12 for Byrd although I still think we are going to make Byrd an offer.

Whitner at 5M a year is > Byrd at 10+M or Ward at 9M if you ask me.

Whitner and Gipson for the win.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
bigdogsandiego wrote:
Follow the money!

Whitner at 5M a year is > Byrd at 10+M or Ward at 9M if you ask me.

Whitner and Gipson for the win.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

The reason he'd get half the money is because he's half the talent.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be cheap. Pay for the better players. You get what you pay for.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitner is a born leader and would be great for your entire secondary/defense. It will be a homecoming and is coming off a great season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: