Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Free Agent Tracker - Signed Players Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sassan11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to say I read that we have some interest in Brian De La Puenta (sp). Maybe Kory L will stay at guard if we sign him.
Geronimo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markrc99 wrote:

It isn't me who needs to snap out of it! It's you & much of the rest of the planet... Laughing

Mark, do you ever have to take a difficult decision? Don't you ever feel uncomfortable before and even after taking such a decision?

It happens that people have to choose, but can't guess. Imagine when 4-5 people have the same feeling.
markrc99

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 has posted a picture of me advising the President, which is totally unacceptable! Somebody do something! Laughing

Geronimo wrote: "Mark, do you ever have to make a difficult decision? Don't you ever feel uncomfortable before and even after making such a decision? It happens that people have to choose, but can't guess. Imagine when 4-5 people have the same feeling."

You're saying through extensive & perhaps heated discourse, a group can find themselves at an impasse. Sure, but that doesn't make me feel any better, nor is it any excuse for The Dan making this or any other difficult personnel decision! That doesn't mean I think the team is doomed. I like what they've done so far & actually think they're going to win this year.
markrc99

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote: "Just want to say I read that we have some interest in Brian De La Puenta (sp). Maybe Kory L will stay at guard if we sign him."

The guy I think could help the OL more is OT Charles Brown. Jermichael Finley (TE) is another good player I'd add. Lichtensteiger is a washball. If he's still viable, then so am I!
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markrc99 wrote:
Sassan11 wrote: "Just want to say I read that we have some interest in Brian De La Puenta (sp). Maybe Kory L will stay at guard if we sign him."

The guy I think could help the OL more is OT Charles Brown. Jermichael Finley (TE) is another good player I'd add. Lichtensteiger is a washball. If he's still viable, then so am I!
While I do think adding a OT to compete on the right side is a good idea Charles Brown came into the league as a relatively lightweight offensive lineman and his listed playing weight for last season was around 295 lbs. I think the front office is targeting bigger offensive lineman so I don't think Brown would be a good scheme fit. He's be better somewhere like Houston where he can play in a lightweight zone scheme.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markrc99 wrote:

Charles Brown is too light and sucks. Finley is too much of an injury risk. Pass on both.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
markrc99 wrote:

While I do think adding a OT to compete on the right side is a good idea Charles Brown came into the league as a relatively lightweight offensive lineman and his listed playing weight for last season was around 295 lbs. I think the front office is targeting bigger offensive lineman so I don't think Brown would be a good scheme fit. He's be better somewhere like Houston where he can play in a lightweight zone scheme.

What the Hell is a "washball" Laughing Laughing Laughing I want him gone and Chester too.. Here we go 30 new players ! yes!
markrc99

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mknight82 wrote: "While I do think adding a OT to compete on the right side is a good idea Charles Brown came into the league as a relatively lightweight offensive lineman and his listed playing weight for last season was around 295 lbs. I think the front office is targeting bigger offensive lineman so I don't think Brown would be a good scheme fit. He's be better somewhere like Houston where he can play in a lightweight zone scheme."

For whatever reason they're not seeing this guy, that's true. But he's going to be visiting the Giants tomorrow or sometime soon. I sense they're going to like what they see in him. They've already looked at Bruce Campbell too. Brown is still a young player with definite upside. Better pass protector than road grader. Yeah, he could stand to have more lead in the can, but he started much of last year at LT for New Orleans. He may be a bit lean for the position, but he's got the frame. At the 2010 NFL Combine he was listed at 6'5" 303lbs. Why he got lighter I have no idea.
http://nflcombineresults.com/nflcombinedata.php?year=2010&pos=&college=

Here's what was written about him last August and then December, his 1st year as a starter:
Quote:
"To ensure success, Brown stayed in New Orleans during the offseason for the first time in his career. He worked out with Saints strength and conditioning staff and spent extra hours in film study. He added about 10 pounds of muscle to his lean 6-foot-5 frame and is noticeably stronger. He'll play at 300 pounds this season, the heaviest he's been in his football career." http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/08/charles_brown_column.html

Quote:
"Speaking of Quinn... Sometimes you have to recognize the greatness of the opposing player and factor that into your evaluation. Yeah, Brown got his [inappropriate/removed] whupped by Quinn, but which opposing left tackle hasn't this year? The list is very short. Brown might not be a great left tackle, but so far this season he's been good enough in most games."
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/12/26/5245846/nfl-week-16-2013-russell-wilson-peyton-manning-playoffs-seahawks-saints

Perhaps Brown wouldn't start for Washington, but he'd at least provide them with good depth they don't have.

turtle28 wrote: "Charles Brown is too light and sucks."

Of course, but the problem with your assessment is that it isn't worth two shakes from a pig's pecker. Kinda forgot that huh? Laughing There's what's written above, the url below leads to Bill Polian's FA tracker list. He grades them all and rates Brown above Anthony Collins, Donald Penn & Bruce Campbell. But what does he know compared to you?
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/freeagency/?year=2014&position=45&type=-1
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Well they can just franchise him again next year if he has a good year and he won't sign a long term deal.

If they do franchise him again, he's due $13.74M in 2015 (120% of his 2014 salary).

So, yes, they can franchise him next year ... they just won't.
Woz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

markrc99 wrote:
They have until July 15th to work out a long-term deal. If they don't & he still doesn't sign his franchise tender, he won't be in camp. It's a bluff dude, don't panic! Alright, we'll see.

It's very possible they might not come to an agreement for a new deal before July 15th. However, if Orakpo refuses to come to camp/sign his tender, the Redskins can start fining him.
Woz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

markrc99 wrote:
Of course, but the problem with your assessment is that it isn't worth two shakes from a pig's pecker. Kinda forgot that huh? Laughing

Totally uncalled for. You disagree with his assessment. That's fine. The insult there, uncool.
Sassan11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
markrc99 wrote:
They have until July 15th to work out a long-term deal. If they don't & he still doesn't sign his franchise tender, he won't be in camp. It's a bluff dude, don't panic! Alright, we'll see.

It's very possible they might not come to an agreement for a new deal before July 15th. However, if Orakpo refuses to come to camp/sign his tender, the Redskins can start fining him.

We can't fine him unless he actually signs. As long as he doesn't sign he doesn't have to attend and we can't fine him. He just has to sign before week 10 (I think) in order to be a free agent at the end of the season. I doubt he waits that long but I can see him signing half way thru training camp and hopefully training on his own.
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
Just want to say I read that we have some interest in Brian De La Puenta (sp). Maybe Kory L will stay at guard if we sign him.

Kory Lichtensteiger would have to add about 30 lbs to play LG. He was meant to play Center.

Brian De La Puente would be a nice upgrade to him and is still young. Played in a passing offense under Brees so it could be a feasible option.

I would like the signing.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
markrc99

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote: "Totally uncalled for. You disagree with his assessment. That's fine. The insult there, uncool."

Turtle isn't assessing, he's just being confrontational for the sake of it. But more than that, they can call me a conspiracy theorist, among other things, but what I said is unacceptable? Seems unfair. I propose that I make a generous donation in return for 1 week of forum wide control! Laughing Okay, okay, it would be a bit chaotic around here but my detractors need to know I can reach them and make their experience in here a living... well, we'll leave that part a secret. I'm thinking $10k will suit just fine, who do I speak to? I'm not trying to make light, I'm not perfect. But if they'd be more civil, it would help.

Sassan11 wrote: "We can't fine him unless he actually signs. As long as he doesn't sign he doesn't have to attend and we can't fine him. He just has to sign before week 10 (I think) in order to be a free agent at the end of the season. I doubt he waits that long but I can see him signing half way thru training camp and hopefully training on his own."

This is what I believe too. Except, I want to say that I read somewhere that it isn't a matter of will he or won't he show up to camp, but that unsigned, he can't! That he'd be violating some clause in the CBA. Is that right? Perhaps there's some leeway, some exception? But the part about sitting out until week 10, that's exactly what Vincent Jackson did & he's as dedicated to his craft as any other player in this league. I agree with you, I can't see Orakpo doing that. But for me, it goes back to the division within the organization over what to do. He has said he wants a long-term deal and that he won't sign his tender! What does that mean? If we're to assume the worst, is he bluffing? This may well have been the concern within the organization, there were some who knew he wasn't going to back down! There's none of this homey discount, prove yourself crapola going on, faggeddabowdit. He'd be like; what do you think you've gotten for the last 5 years!? I'm not saying it's so, but it could be that they're going to have to pay him big or deal with the ramifications!
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Sassan11 wrote:

Kory Lichtensteiger would have to add about 30 lbs to play LG. He was meant to play Center.

Brian De La Puente would be a nice upgrade to him and is still young. Played in a passing offense under Brees so it could be a feasible option.

I would like the signing.

Even then, I don't want my centers weighing in the 270's (where he is at right now). Even when he bulks up he doesn't tip 290.

Also everyone has to examine how the Saints have protected Brees and kept passing lanes open. Their interior OL is much better than their OTs. This is the opposite of our OL.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24

Jump to: