Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bryce Brown Should Be On Trading Block. Discuss His Worth.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you trade Bryce Brown for a decent draft pick!?
Yes! Do it!
80%
 80%  [ 12 ]
NO NO NO!
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

Jinxx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At absolute best he would net us a 5th round pick. More realistically a 6th or 7th. Running Backs are low quality trade material in the NFL, especially one that has yet to really prove anything.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
^^Browns a better talent, bigger, more muscular, more explosive, with way less ware and tear on his body then those scrubs.

But, they're free.
And Brown can't do some of the things many of them can.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if a team was to offer a high to mid forth round pick for Bryce Brown, do you do it?

Interesting to see what happens with Brown now that Sproles is in Philly. I know that he won't really eat into the carries so much and more touches as a receiving back but still. Most teams only carry three backs, so McCoy, Sproles, and Brown with Polk maybe a forth. Id think trading him makes even more sense now.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vannzee wrote:
So if a team was to offer a high to mid third round pick for Bryce Brown, do you do it?

Interesting to see what happens with Brown now that Sproles is in Philly. I know that he won't really eat into the carries so much and more touches as a receiving back but still. Most teams only carry three backs, so McCoy, Sproles, and Brown with Polk maybe a forth. Id think trading him makes even more sense now.

Well, duh.
The Eagles would likely be thrilled to replace their 5th with him.

Given the abundance on the FA market for RB's and the guys in the draft, who would?
Name a team.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
vannzee wrote:
So if a team was to offer a high to mid third round pick for Bryce Brown, do you do it?

Well, duh.
The Eagles would likely be thrilled to replace their 5th with him.

Given the abundance on the FA market for RB's and the guys in the draft, who would?
Name a team.

Who in the draft is a better talent then him? I dont see anyone. Maybe Carey. But Browns better.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just an outsiders view but.... wait until after the draft. Yes, I get that negates the ability to acquire a pick for the 2014 season, but there's a little logic to my suggestion.

If you wait until after a the draft, as deep as this draft is in RBs, a team that might not have gotten what they want out of the RB position is going to be more likely to give a up a pick for the 2015 draft because it's so far away. I think he's got value anywhere from Round 3-5, it really depends on the team. I think a team like Cleveland if they didn't get Ben Tate would be a good spot for him. With Sproles in house, Bryce Brown is very expendable.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth nada unless he's actually getting reps to be showcased. McCoy/Staley let him get a series or two per game.

McCoy's carries should be 250-270 range

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig
Jeezla

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6th rounder I'm guessing. Maybe a late 5th. If Al Davis was still alive we could have gotten an 2nd.
Preferably he's worth Kenrick Ellis straight up.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, K Joseph, D Perryman, T Clemmings, E Rowe, H Kikaha, X Cooper
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends.

Now that we have Sproles... we might not even keep 4 RBs. In that case, if we can get something for either Polk or Brown, I would do it. RBs are a dime a dozen, and we have Shady.

I'd want at least a 4th for Brown. Might be a tall order, especially considering RBs aren't terribly difficult to find. I mean, I guess it all depends on what the picks eventually transpire to.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Darth JoneZ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown's a decent player, but guys like him are a dime a dozen. He crushes in preseason, but I don't think he could carry half a load for any team. Disparate running styles aside, his effectiveness ceiling is about at Vaughn Hebron.
Jroc04

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth JoneZ wrote:
Brown's a decent player, but guys like him are a dime a dozen. He crushes in preseason, but I don't think he could carry half a load for any team. Disparate running styles aside, his effectiveness ceiling is about at Vaughn Hebron.

It's a good call back but that's not accurate.

808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact is, he's a RB, RB's seldom get their true worth on the trade market these days and it's usually a losing deal for the team trading the player.

In short, No.

If you're gonna win a sig bet, at least do a better job than this.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes such a better talent then ALL the RBs in this draft. Shame we cant milk him for a linebacker or 3-4 DE Cool Laughing

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another outside view: teams are going to look at the trade for Sproles and ask themselves "if he was so valuable, why did the Eagles trade for a guy who will turn 31 in three months (and extend him)?"

Then they'll compare what the Eagles gave up for Sproles and think "is this guy worth more than Sproles, even at his current age and with that new contract?"

If you can get more than a sixth for him, I'd do it in a heartbeat if I were in your shoes. Heck, even a seventh would work. Most teams probably figure that Brown is the odd man out in the system, so if they just wait, they can sign him in late August for a cheap one year deal and not give up a draft pick at all.
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Another outside view: teams are going to look at the trade for Sproles and ask themselves "if he was so valuable, why did the Eagles trade for a guy who will turn 31 in three months (and extend him)?"

Then they'll compare what the Eagles gave up for Sproles and think "is this guy worth more than Sproles, even at his current age and with that new contract?"

If you can get more than a sixth for him, I'd do it in a heartbeat if I were in your shoes. Heck, even a seventh would work. Most teams probably figure that Brown is the odd man out in the system, so if they just wait, they can sign him in late August for a cheap one year deal and not give up a draft pick at all.

Hence why we might as well just keep him, he's worth way more than a 7th round pick to us.

If you're gonna win a sig bet, at least do a better job than this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: