Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bryce Brown Should Be On Trading Block. Discuss His Worth.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you trade Bryce Brown for a decent draft pick!?
Yes! Do it!
80%
 80%  [ 12 ]
NO NO NO!
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

baconrad3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont seeing that any team would just straight up trade for him, but if we wanted to maybe move up around then he could be intriguing to use in a package ...ie Bryce and a 5th for a 3rd to some team like Jacksonville or Cleveland (who has two third round picks

Think about it like this: Would you rather spend a 2nd round pick on a rookie back like Carlos Hyde or Tre Mason (ew), or trade your 4th round pick for Bryce Brown?

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
He doesn't have any trade value. How am I so sure? What's the history of NFL teams trading for top notch backup RB's like Ben Tate?

The Falcons traded a 1st and a 3rd for Michael Turner, he was LT's backup in San Diego. Not saying Bryce will get anywhere near that, but it has happened.

CORRECTION: They didn't trade for him, my mistake. That is what the Chargers wanted. Turner just signed a big deal with the Falcons. With that said, backup running backs can have a lot of value in certain situations.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rememberthevet wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
He doesn't have any trade value. How am I so sure? What's the history of NFL teams trading for top notch backup RB's like Ben Tate?

The Falcons traded a 1st and a 3rd for Michael Turner, he was LT's backup in San Diego. Not saying Bryce will get anywhere near that, but it has happened.

CORRECTION: They didn't trade for him, my mistake. That is what the Chargers wanted. Turner just signed a big deal with the Falcons. With that said, backup running backs can have a lot of value in certain situations.

Backup running backs with success.

And don't bring up Brown's string of success in 2012.
That was a case of defenses clearly underrating his speed.

He's exhibited since then very little vision and a propensity to bounce everything to the outside.
There's very little value in traits like those, especially with teams in zone blocking schemes.

He holds no value. Can he be packaged with picks to move up? Sure.
But if anyone thinks he's worth more than a 6-7 round pick straight up, they must remove the homer glasses.

PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
Would I? Of course!

Will it happen? Of course not!

You can find a good RB basically anywhere in the draft. And you shouldn't draft a RB in the 1st. It's a classic mistake. Bryce is a backup RB. And he is for a reason. He hasn't really figured out the position yet. He still goes east-west way too often thinking he can beat NFLers to the outside. He doesn't trust his vision and is apprehensive when it comes to hitting holes. What I'm trying to say is that he's an incomplete back. So, not only is he a backup, he's also not a polished back. I think he'll get there in time but for anyone to trade a 3rd or so for him should be fired. As draft picks go, he's worth about a 6th if you're trading for him. He's more valuable to any team he's on as opposed to any team willing to trade for him.

As I eluded to, you can grab a great RB anywhere in the draft. Besides, the most important issue when it comes to RBs is the OL. An average back can flourish playing behind a good line. It's those special backs that can do it with little help. Teams are better served spending a higher draft pick on a guard or center to fortify their line rather than a RB.

Although I agree with most of this post the reason Bryce would hold more value then most RB in the draft is NFL experience. He has experience as a starter and frankly had success in that role when given the touches. The problem with the idea of a plug and play RB or finding a RB anywhere in the draft is you are never guaranteed that RB can pick up the blitz or your specific system. That was the case last year for not only Bryce but a stud like Monte Ball.

Ball this season will be the starter most likely with a year under his belt and being that much more familiar with.how things are done at the NFL level and with the Broncos. I see the same thing occurring with Bryce as a Eagle. Not starting but more productive. Would I trade him No. If he is to be traded people are fooling themselves if they think he is worth anything more then a mid to high 5th rd pick at most. If that's the case why trade him? Unless you are talking about taking a chance on one if the FA RB currently on the market like Sproles, Tate, Moreno, DMC or Johnson (if cut), what's the point? 4 of the 5 will be wanting not only big money but starting roles not willing to play second fiddle to Shady. So in essence outside of maybe Sprouls who has his own set of issues (31), I'd just role with Bryce. I will say I would have no problem somehow adding any of the 5 names above and trading Bryce for the 2014 season.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 14 Gm/ 78 Rec/ 1207 Yds/ 10 TD/ 15.5 YPC/
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rememberthevet wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

A LOT have changed in the NFL since 2008. The past 5 years have been more and more about the pass.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

A LOT have changed in the NFL since 2008. The past 5 years have been more and more about the pass.

I completely agree, but that doesn't mean a gifted backup running back doesn't have trade value. I think he can make an impact on the Jets, Steelers, Rams, Falcons or Jaguars.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rememberthevet wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

I completely agree, but that doesn't mean a gifted backup running back doesn't have trade value. I think he can make an impact on the Jets, Steelers, Rams, Falcons or Jaguars.

Can he? Maybe.

Can many other draft prospects or FA's? Probably.

PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the trade value discussions.
I usually take the consensus value and cube it.
So, if on average he's wroth a 3rd, cube it.
The Eagles could get a 9th round pick for him.

OK, it is not that bad.
But, remember the Ryan Moats/Chris Gocong/Sheldon Brown trade discussions.
The posted values were way off.

I believe I made reference in my mock to the diminishing value of Brown in this offense.
I have no objection to him being moved and no delusions that the Eagles won't get much.
He is a mediocre receiver who doesn't see the field on passing downs because he is barely a college junior in terms of his development in the overall passing game who also fumbles.

If traded, I see him moved in a package on draft day.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
I love the trade value discussions.
I usually take the consensus value and cube it.
So, if on average he's wroth a 3rd, cube it.
The Eagles could get a 9th round pick for him.

OK, it is not that bad.
But, remember the Ryan Moats/Chris Gocong/Sheldon Brown trade discussions.
The posted values were way off.

I believe I made reference in my mock to the diminishing value of Brown in this offense.
I have no objection to him being moved and no delusions that the Eagles won't get much.
He is a mediocre receiver who doesn't see the field on passing downs because he is barely a college junior in terms of his development in the overall passing game who also fumbles.

If traded, I see him moved in a package on draft day.

Agreed to the fullest extent.

PowerElite wrote:
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poloc2289 wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

Can he? Maybe.

I don't agree with either statement. Brown has NFL experience, and he looked good in the spotlight, better than he did as a backup. There are some good RB prospects, but I don't think any of them have a better chance than Brown does at this point because they are unproven.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rememberthevet wrote:
Poloc2289 wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

Can he? Maybe.

I don't agree with either statement. Brown has NFL experience, and he looked good in the spotlight, better than he did as a backup. There are some good RB prospects, but I don't think any of them have a better chance than Brown does at this point because they are unproven.

But this draft class really is stacked at RB. I would rather have any of the top 5-6 backs in this draft over Bryce.

RB's have little to no trade value at this point. The fact that Indy traded a first for Trent is insane. That has to be considered on of the worst trades in recent memory.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd doubt we'd get any more than a 6th, maybe a 5th if we're lucky for him. That's just the way things go when you trade a non starter.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for not correcting my math.
3 cubed is 27, not 9.

I stand by my written statement.
Brown is worth a 27th rounder.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
Poloc2289 wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

Can he? Maybe.

But this draft class really is stacked at RB. I would rather have any of the top 5-6 backs in this draft over Bryce.

RB's have little to no trade value at this point. The fact that Indy traded a first for Trent is insane. That has to be considered on of the worst trades in recent memory.

Free Agency is stacked, too.
All you have to have is money.

Running Backs

1. Ben Tate
2. Rashad Jennings
3. Darren McFadden
4. Andre Brown
5. Knowshon Moreno
6. Maurice Jones-Drew
7. Donald Brown
8. Ahmad Bradshaw
9. James Starks
10. LeGarrette Blount
11. Anthony Dixon
12. Toby Gerhart
13. La'Rod Stephens-Howling
14. Jonathan Dwyer
15. Peyton Hillis
16. Bernard Scott
17. Brian Leonard
xxx 18. Jackie Battle (Re-signed one-year, $855K deal with TEN) xxx
19. Felix Jones
20. Ronnie Brown
21. Willis McGahee
22. Kahlil Bell
23. Phillip Tanner
24. Leon Washington
25. Kevin Smith

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Browns a better talent, bigger, more muscular, more explosive, with way less ware and tear on his body then those scrubs.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: