Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bryce Brown Should Be On Trading Block. Discuss His Worth.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you trade Bryce Brown for a decent draft pick!?
Yes! Do it!
80%
 80%  [ 12 ]
NO NO NO!
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Bryce Brown Should Be On Trading Block. Discuss His Worth. Reply with quote

I would consider trading Bryce Brown, as much as i like Brown( i think we all do) i kinda look at it like this.

* I think with Shady being to good to never ever sit, and Brown good enough to start on a bunch of teams, makes Brown a wasting resource.

*Polk is pretty much just as much a stud in his own way as Brown is, and has a little more versatility and sets him self apart as a blocker from Brown.

*Matthew Tucker the other guy no one talks about is almost a Bryce Brown clone BIG and Athletic not quite as explosive but a little more lumbering.

*Theres enough wow looks-plays-highlights from Brown and buzz about Brown to drive his trade value up with little bad besides some young dumb fumbles but way more good then bad, and hes going to be going into his prime as a RB and has no wear or tear on his body, his value wont be any higher.

*Running backs are a dime a dozen, and Chip knows the position better then any one and i would trust him to be able to replace a Brown with no problem in time if we dont already have his clone waiting in Tucker.

*I would package Brown to go up into the 2nd or 3rd to get depth that will play consistently week in week out partically on defense, maybe a project at rush linebacker or another safety there. Or maybe even package some picks with Brown and move up in the 1st Shocked

What do you think is his trade value in terms of a draft pick or draft picks?

Would you trade Bryce Brown !?

General Thoughts on Brown going forward!?

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think his worth is about a 3rd or 4th rounder. I'd only want to trade him if it's draft day and there's a specific guy on the board we want and will need to trade Brown in order to get

~Bird Watch 2014 | Mark "The Sanchize" Sanchez~
202 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 89.6 Passer Rating
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
I think his worth is about a 3rd or 4th rounder. I'd only want to trade him if it's draft day and there's a specific guy on the board we want and will need to trade Brown in order to get

Exactly. We shouldn't trade Brown just because he has value, there has to be a goal in mind.

That's assuming that no one overvalues him and offers a stupidly high pick - if we get offered a second, take it and run.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly he's a RB and hold low value

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
T-rade

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on your overall evaluation of our RB depth, and I definitely see the production we can get from Polk being equal to what we can from Brown, but Brown will be a much better starter and deserves the right to prove so somewhere..

The Other Dane
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

He's worth a 6th at best

PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poloc2289 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

He's worth a 6th at best

Ehh not really. Hes worth more than that.

Its a unique situation. Because of off field problems in college, he only had about 100 or so rushes in his career heading into the NFL, and everyone knew how talented he was but shied away because of those off the field problems. He has such a rare blend of speed and power for a runningback. Hes only, what, 23 years old? He is a third year runningback who basically has had as many rushes in his college/nfl career so far as any rookie back in this class does..only Bryce has actually proven that he can play at a high level whwn given the opportunity.

I agree with B60. We have the best RB in football and hes only 25. We have another young backup in Polk.who the coaches seem to love. Why not try to trade him? Polk is gonna be our backup....a street FA, Tucker, or a late draft pick could replace him.

Its a shame we didnt try to move him last year when Indy was desperate...we could have gotten a 2nd round pick lol and Bryce is probably even better than T-Rich anyway.

If Im other teams in need of a RB, Im calling Howie up and trying to get him. Hes on a cheap deal, is as talented as any prospect in this class or free agent, if not more. And dude basically has no wear and tear on his body.

I would think we could do a deal along the lines of: Bryce and our 2014 5th round pick to Cleveland/Tennessee/Jacksonville/Miami for their 2014 3rd round pick.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Blahman88

Location: Eagles Forum HOF + Gold Standard 2014, Bringer of the Cavalry
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running Backs are a dime a dozen, no one will trade big for Bryce.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could not have gotten a 2nd from Indy, regardless of how dumb Grigson/Pagano/Irsay is.

Trent Richardson had the hype of 3rd overall pick and from 'bama. And Bryce is better, but alas.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree with everything you said. Bryce does have enough NFL success to have a team interested in letting him start. He is like a Michael Turner, before he was traded to the Falcons. IMO he is a much more intriguing player than Ben Tate.

I was just saying in another post that we could use Brown to possibly move up in the 2nd. This draft is really talented, and there are going to be a lot of players with first round grades available in the 2nd. And the same can be said for the 3rd. I am completely behind moving Brown, let him go to a better fit and ball out.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big no.
If Shady goes down (he is tackled 20 times a week so the probability of an injury is higher than the average player), who is going to carry the load? Polk, Tucker, a 6th round rookie? Even if we pick up LaMichael James from the 49ers, all these guys are just role players, whilst Brown proved already in this league that he can be counted on.

On top of that he has two more years remaining on his cheap contract...

Keep him and keep running the effing ball. Cool
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I think he's worth: 3rd
What other teams fans would want to trade for him: 5th
What would probably happen: 4th
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Poloc2289 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

He's worth a 6th at best

Ehh not really. Hes worth more than that.

Its a unique situation. Because of off field problems in college, he only had about 100 or so rushes in his career heading into the NFL, and everyone knew how talented he was but shied away because of those off the field problems. He has such a rare blend of speed and power for a runningback. Hes only, what, 23 years old? He is a third year runningback who basically has had as many rushes in his college/nfl career so far as any rookie back in this class does..only Bryce has actually proven that he can play at a high level whwn given the opportunity.

I agree with B60. We have the best RB in football and hes only 25. We have another young backup in Polk.who the coaches seem to love. Why not try to trade him? Polk is gonna be our backup....a street FA, Tucker, or a late draft pick could replace him.

Its a shame we didnt try to move him last year when Indy was desperate...we could have gotten a 2nd round pick lol and Bryce is probably even better than T-Rich anyway.

If Im other teams in need of a RB, Im calling Howie up and trying to get him. Hes on a cheap deal, is as talented as any prospect in this class or free agent, if not more. And dude basically has no wear and tear on his body.

I would think we could do a deal along the lines of: Bryce and our 2014 5th round pick to Cleveland/Tennessee/Jacksonville/Miami for their 2014 3rd round pick.

Why would he be worth more than a 6th round pick?

Over half the teams in the league already have their franchise back.
Running backs are notorious for plug and play. You can draft one in the late rounds and he can have success.

Brown did not play well last year.
He dropped passes, missed blocks, and tried to bounce every run to the outside.

Polk looked much better than him.
So realistically we're going to trade our 3rd RB for greater than a 6th?
I refuse to believe that's possible.

PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
Jroc04

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would I? Of course!

Will it happen? Of course not!

You can find a good RB basically anywhere in the draft. And you shouldn't draft a RB in the 1st. It's a classic mistake. Bryce is a backup RB. And he is for a reason. He hasn't really figured out the position yet. He still goes east-west way too often thinking he can beat NFLers to the outside. He doesn't trust his vision and is apprehensive when it comes to hitting holes. What I'm trying to say is that he's an incomplete back. So, not only is he a backup, he's also not a polished back. I think he'll get there in time but for anyone to trade a 3rd or so for him should be fired. As draft picks go, he's worth about a 6th if you're trading for him. He's more valuable to any team he's on as opposed to any team willing to trade for him.

As I eluded to, you can grab a great RB anywhere in the draft. Besides, the most important issue when it comes to RBs is the OL. An average back can flourish playing behind a good line. It's those special backs that can do it with little help. Teams are better served spending a higher draft pick on a guard or center to fortify their line rather than a RB.

Phire sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't have any trade value. How am I so sure? What's the history of NFL teams trading for top notch backup RB's like Ben Tate?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: