Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predict the Free Agent Landing Spot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
KG1187 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Is there a single Angele draft pick in the last 5 years that I would stand on the table and tell about losing.

Melton, meh
Wright, thank god
Wootton, no big deal

Paea, wouldn't lose sleep.
Conte, would celebrate a little
Melton is far more then a meh player.

Totally agree on Melton. People have such short memories. When healthy he is easily a top 5 UT.

When healthy he's second to only Geno Atkins in my opinion. Not a minimal loss by any means but who knows if he will ever be the same player he once was coming off ACL surgery.

Gerald McCoy? Suh?

Adopt-a-Bear Kyle Long

PFF Grade through Regular-Season Game 3: 2.7 (20th in NFL) Highest rated rookie OL

Highest rated OL in the Pre-Season
ForteOz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
KG1187 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Is there a single Angele draft pick in the last 5 years that I would stand on the table and tell about losing.

Melton, meh
Wright, thank god
Wootton, no big deal

Totally agree on Melton. People have such short memories. When healthy he is easily a top 5 UT.

When healthy he's second to only Geno Atkins in my opinion. Not a minimal loss by any means but who knows if he will ever be the same player he once was coming off ACL surgery.

I get the feeling that him leaving was more due to off field issues, and not just the brawling/biting incident.
Emery has been pretty ruthless with the incumbent defensive players. If their hearts aren't in it, for the current coaching staff, then he is absolutely right to move on.

But let's not act like all these guys we have let go are scrubs.

That's Packer talk.
Laughing
topwop1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
KG1187 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Melton, meh
Wright, thank god
Wootton, no big deal

Gerald McCoy? Suh?

I said it was my opinion no?

But if we're talking pure 4-3 3-techinque DT's then yes I still stand by that comment. I believe Suh plays the nose NT spot with Fairly at 3-tech. And McCoy is definitely in the conversation alongside Melton. I think they are very similar but Melton gets the nod for me just because of familiarity. Of course that could all easily change now because how Melton bounces back is anyone's guess.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

Gerald McCoy? Suh?

But if we're talking pure 4-3 3-techinque DT's then yes I still stand by that comment. I believe Suh plays the nose NT spot with Fairly at 3-tech. And McCoy is definitely in the conversation alongside Melton. I think they are very similar but Melton gets the nod for me just because of familiarity. Of course that could all easily change now because how Melton bounces back is anyone's guess.

I didn't say your opinion was wrong - only offering up suggestions as to players I'd have ahead of Melton (who doesn't play the run well and hasn't had elite sack numbers to make up for that deficiency IMO).

Suh plays all over the line - he and Fairley don't really have defined 0, 1, 3 roles. But IMO Suh is most definitely a better 3-tech than Melton.

Adopt-a-Bear Kyle Long

PFF Grade through Regular-Season Game 3: 2.7 (20th in NFL) Highest rated rookie OL

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

Gerald McCoy? Suh?

I didn't say your opinion was wrong - only offering up suggestions as to players I'd have ahead of Melton (who doesn't play the run well and hasn't had elite sack numbers to make up for that deficiency IMO).

Suh plays all over the line - he and Fairley don't really have defined 0, 1, 3 roles. But IMO Suh is most definitely a better 3-tech than Melton.
In 2012 Melton graded out as the top run stuffing DT in the NFL according to PFF, and since Melton started rotating in in 2010 the only DT with more sacks and QBPs is Geno Atkins. You may want to rethink your stance.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:

In 2012 Melton graded out as the top run stuffing DT in the NFL according to PFF, and since Melton started rotating in in 2010 the only DT with more sacks and QBPs is Geno Atkins. You may want to rethink your stance.

Huh? In 2012 Melton was the 47th graded DT against the run (among 25% qualifiers) and had a negative run defense grade. He was the 7th highest graded in Pass Rush and 7th overall.

Melton has had a negative grade against the run every season he has played (according to PFF).

You may want to rethink your stance.

Adopt-a-Bear Kyle Long

pigsooie5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:

Huh? In 2012 Melton was the 47th graded DT against the run (among 25% qualifiers) and had a negative run defense grade. He was the 7th highest graded in Pass Rush and 7th overall.

Melton has had a negative grade against the run every season he has played (according to PFF).

You may want to rethink your stance.

I'm gunna add to this... I'm not sure if Superman just made up his last post out of thin air or what but not even the Melton being 2nd in sacks only behind Atkins since 2010 is true...

Ndamukong Suh- 27.5
Kyle Williams- 21
Gerald McCoy- 18.5
Marcell Dareus- 18.5 (in 1 less season)

Henry Melton- 15.5

I thine we all know who needs to change there stance....

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
ForteOz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never understood why people have considered Melton a liability against the run. I don't really use PFF, but would I be wrong to assume they are to blame for this?

Our run D was routinely top 5 in the league with him in, and the minute he was knocked out of the line up last year we started getting shredded on the ground on a regular basis. Obviously there was more going on than just missing him, but that seems to indicate he was a positive influence on our run D.

Not factoring in PFF's subjective opinion, what games are examples of Melton being a poor run stopper?
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForteOz wrote:
I've never understood why people have considered Melton a liability against the run. I don't really use PFF, but would I be wrong to assume they are to blame for this?

Our run D was routinely top 5 in the league with him in, and the minute he was knocked out of the line up last year we started getting shredded on the ground on a regular basis. Obviously there was more going on than just missing him, but that seems to indicate he was a positive influence on our run D.

Not factoring in PFF's subjective opinion, what games are examples of Melton being a poor run stopper?

FWIW - I considered Melton a liability against the run before I had even looked up what PFF thought of him.

Adopt-a-Bear Kyle Long

ForteOz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
ForteOz wrote:

FWIW - I considered Melton a liability against the run before I had even looked up what PFF thought of him.

Ok, I'm not saying they are wrong, I just never saw it. What made you come to that conclusion?
HuskieBear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/07/report-bears-meet-with-josh-freeman/

Bears meet with Freeman

Adopt-a-Bear: Isiah Frey |TKL 19 |PD 0 |INT 0 |Sacks 0 |FR 0 |FF 0 |
HuskieBear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple tight ends as well, looking to add some depth

Via Rotoworld
Quote:
Free agents Matthew Mulligan and Adam Weber worked out for the Bears on Monday.
CBS' Jason La Canfora reported Weber's visit. A blocker, Mulligan appeared in 15 games for the Patriots last season. A former undrafted free agent, Weber was waived by the Bucs last August.

Adopt-a-Bear: Isiah Frey |TKL 19 |PD 0 |INT 0 |Sacks 0 |FR 0 |FF 0 |
ConVict90

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HuskieBear wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/07/report-bears-meet-with-josh-freeman/

Bears meet with Freeman

I wouldn't mind him being our backup if we can get him for cheaper than dirt.
If Trestman revived McCown's career he should be able to do the same with Freemans.
TD: 7
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Freeman should come cheap if he wants any chance at reviving his career.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:

Bears meet with Freeman

I wouldn't mind him being our backup if we can get him for cheaper than dirt.
If Trestman revived McCown's career he should be able to do the same with Freemans.

But McCown had a work ethic. Freeman not so much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 63 of 67

Jump to: