Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Pro Days
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Gabbert's defense, he was always a guy who needed to sit a year and learn the game. He didnt get to do that, and he struggled early, but got a lot better from year 1 to year 2 and then got hurt....year 3 was a complete disaster but he was also on the Jags

i think he has a chance to turn things around as a back up in San Fran

Manziel has a pro day this week, and i think his pro day will be more important that anyone else, simply because he has the height issue, but what people want to know is whether or not he can make all the throws

would anyone be upset if draft day saw us take Mack or Clowney #1 and Manziel fell to us in round 2?
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
In Gabbert's defense, he was always a guy who needed to sit a year and learn the game. He didnt get to do that, and he struggled early, but got a lot better from year 1 to year 2 and then got hurt....year 3 was a complete disaster but he was also on the Jags

Manziel has a pro day this week, and i think his pro day will be more important that anyone else, simply because he has the height issue, but what people want to know is whether or not he can make all the throws

would anyone be upset if draft day saw us take Mack or Clowney #1 and Manziel fell to us in round 2?

I hate Manziel more than Bortles, but if he is there in round 2 while we get Clowney I would be ecstatic. Sounds weird I know. Laughing

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:

Maybe it's age, maybe it's just the lowered expectations after a 2-14 season which was the follow up to a 12-4 season...but I think no matter WHAT we do, I will be upset. Draft Bortles #1? Upset. Draft Bridgewater #1? Upset. Draft Manziel #1? Upset. Draft Clowney #1? Upset. Draft Mack #1? VERY upset. Trade down, get more picks? Probably the only outcome I would endorse.

None of these guys stand out in any particular way, none of them fill me with confidence that they can step in and change the outlook of this team. This is a deep draft, a lot of projected talent all through this draft...but that #1 pick is an enigma, because none of these guys really stand out compared to the 6th best player, the 7th best player, the 8th best player, etc.

The real value in this draft will be in the 2nd-6th round, but let's be honest...the GM we have has arguably the worst track record with those picks. Where the team NEEDS to find difference makers are in those rounds, and I simply can't get amped up over those picks, because Rick Smith makes it a habit of wasting those picks.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
mse326

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:

Yes. Manziel is not worth the 33rd pick. Even 65 is pushing it, but I'd live.

#JDI
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Johnny Day
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manziel working out in pads

Maybe to hide his height concerns? Everyone knows how tall he is, but watching him throw in pads might draw attention away from it.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit. Manziel killed it in his pro day. I know you cant judge a guy off his pro day (example Jamarcus Russell), but Manziel killed it. Deep balls were throwing nicely and he did the playaction pretty well. I only saw 2 bad throws and 1 throw the receiver dropped. I am starting to might like him to the Texans. Key word is "might".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manziel is going all in to be the top pick in the draft and I love that about him. I don't ever remember a QB wearing pads for a pro day and he looked great. His last deep throw was a thing of beauty.

People say bortles has the highest upside but I disagree Manziel can become everything Vick was hyped to be.
buckwild

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Manziel is going all in to be the top pick in the draft and I love that about him. I don't ever remember a QB wearing pads for a pro day and he looked great. His last deep throw was a thing of beauty.

People say bortles has the highest upside but I disagree Manziel can become everything Vick was hyped to be.

Yeah, but Vick sucked. Ran every time he couldn't find a receiver because he was too scared to throw a INT. That's why his body started breaking down in his late 20's.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

Yeah, but Vick sucked. Ran every time he couldn't find a receiver because he was too scared to throw a INT. That's why his body started breaking down in his late 20's.

Prison might have had something to do with that
texandominance

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
buckwild wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

Prison probably saved his body and made his career longer. He got a few years to rest and heal from the beatings he was taking (all be it, prison is not the most comfortable of environments). Johnny had a good pro day today but I dont think he is the number one pick in the draft. If I got to choose I would like to trade down, take Mack and then take Johnny if he is there in the 2nd.
buckwild

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
buckwild wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

Prison probably saved his body and made his career longer. He got a few years to rest and heal from the beatings he was taking (all be it, prison is not the most comfortable of environments). Johnny had a good pro day today but I dont think he is the number one pick in the draft. If I got to choose I would like to trade down, take Mack and then take Johnny if he is there in the 2nd.

Its either Bortles or Clowney if they can't find a trade partner. Better hope Atlanta falls in love with Clowney at his pro day. Because don't see any other team willing to trade up to get there guy. And for all those people thinking we are going to get anything close to what the Rams got from the Skins is dreaming. That was a modern day Hershel Walker trade.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumor is the bills want to move up but I'm not sure they have enough to make it happen
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Rumor is the bills want to move up but I'm not sure they have enough to make it happen

I would do it for their 1st and 2nd this year, plus their 1st next year. It would be a gamble since there could be a chance the top guys could be off the board. Say for example if the draft went like this.

1. Bills- DE Clowney
2. Rams- OT Robinson
3. Jags- QB Bridgewater
4. Browns- QB Bortles
5. Raiders- QB Carr
6. Falcons- DE/OLB Mack
7. Bucs- WR Watkins
8. Vikings- QB Manziel

Where would we go? I don't think we would take Matthews since we would be using a top 10 pick on a RT due to us locking up Brown for a while. The only other logical pick would be Barr to improve our pass rush.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

I would do it for their 1st and 2nd this year, plus their 1st next year. It would be a gamble since there could be a chance the top guys could be off the board. Say for example if the draft went like this.

1. Bills- DE Clowney
2. Rams- OT Robinson
3. Jags- QB Bridgewater
4. Browns- QB Bortles
5. Raiders- QB Carr
6. Falcons- DE/OLB Mack
7. Bucs- WR Watkins
8. Vikings- QB Manziel

Where would we go? I don't think we would take Matthews since we would be using a top 10 pick on a RT due to us locking up Brown for a while. The only other logical pick would be Barr to improve our pass rush.

You could trade back into top 5 (it's risky)... Rams would probably do it for 1-9, high 2nd, + future 2nd. You keep the future 1st from Bills. Or something along those lines... it depends on what the Bills offer you.

That being said... I think it is a smokescreen to force the Falcons to move up. Easier to get to 1-2 from 1-6 than 1-9.
1 missed goal line FF (stupid refs Wink )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: