Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Pro Days
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: 2014 Pro Days Reply with quote

As with free agency, we need a place to talk. Especial with a new coach who's taking a different approach. I know I've heard of us having a private workout with A couple QB's after their pro days.

From the buffalo pro day, Mack is a freak, along with Shazier from OSU who ran a 4.36 40 as an ILB today

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014 Pro Days Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

From the buffalo pro day, Mack is a freak, along with Shazier from OSU who ran a 4.36 40 as an ILB today

I like what I've seen from Mack, but I really like Bridgewater. If they pick at #1 I'd prefer him to anyone else, but Mack, Watkins, the O linemen would be fine with me.

From what I've seen though, I really like Shazier and Skov as ILB prospects. If the last two seasons have shown us anything, Cush is a really big part of the D and when he goes down, the team is in trouble. With one of those two beside him, it helps with the second ILB starter spot, but it provides some depth/insurance for if Cush goes down again.
LORK 88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill O'Brien is reportedly at Louisville's pro day.

TEXANS NATION LONGTIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
FFGL 1 Champ = Team Lork
kenney

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LORK 88 wrote:

I think Teddy will have been our guy all along when all is said and done.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
LORK 88 wrote:

i wouldnt be upset if we take Bridgewater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
LORK 88 wrote:

This. If we can get Bridgewater at #1 and Van Noy/Skov at #33, I'd be ecstatic with this draft.

Sig by matthouston91
kenney

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, not to stir up muck, but that was one of the worst pro days I've ever seen.
Cole416

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
So, not to stir up muck, but that was one of the worst pro days I've ever seen.
Teddy's? What happened? All I heard was he was wobbly at the start but then he picked it up come the end of it.
4 TDs
jch1911

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBW

Quote:
While on site at Louisville's pro day, NFL Network's Mike Mayock reports Teddy Bridgewater has dropped six pounds since the NFL Combine.
Bridgewater checked in at the Combine at 214 pounds, but likely dropped weight to run faster at his pro day. The quarterback has faced plenty of questions and criticisms regarding his build and frame, and this won't calm any of those questions. Rotoworld's Josh Norris thinks these critiques will be laughed at in a few years, since Bridgewater is an excellent pocket mover who does not take unnecessary hits.

Quote:
Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater's pro day workout was "very average at best," according to NFL Network's Mike Mayock.
"Most quarterbacks have good Pro Days," Mayock added. Multiple balls hit the ground during Bridgewater's workout, as he tended to sail or lead his receivers a bit too much. As The MMQB's Greg A. Bedard pointed out, Bridgewater did not wear gloves during the workout, something that he has done since high school. Rotoworld's Josh Norris will not waiver from listing Bridgewater as the top prospect in this class and a quality starter in the NFL.

Quote:
NFL.com's Gil Brandt said that Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner told him Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater's pro day "was pretty good."
"Not as down on Bridgewater workout as some. Only saw one bad throw. Norv Turner told me he thought it was pretty good," Brandt tweeted. The Vikings already met with Bridgewater on Sunday, prior to Mondays work out. If the Vikings leave today impressed, Bridgewater could possibly be the Vikings target with the eighth pick in this years draft.

Quote:
Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater elaborated on why he chose to throw without a glove during his pro day on Monday despite.
"Well, when I was training down in Florida, it was 80-degree weather, sunny every day, so I was out there throwing without the glove, just letting it rip," Bridgewater said. "So I felt confident coming into this process, coming into today, that I train without the glove, so I can throw on pro day without the glove." The quarterback has worn a pair of gloves for every game dating back to high school. Bridgewater's throwing display has been critiqued thanks to some overthrows and a few fluttery footballs, but it really should not matter.

Quote:
The Houston Chronicle reports Teddy Bridgewater was "less accurate than expected" during Monday's Louisville Pro Day, as "several" of his passes were "clearly off target" and his ball "often fluttered."
The workout was held indoors. Bridgewater (6'2/208) also weighed in six pounds lighter than his Combine measurement and proceeded to make numerous underthrows and overthrows. Per the Chronicle, "more than ten" of Bridgewater's 65 Pro Day throws were "either misses or drops." Conceded Bridgewater afterwards, "it was nowhere near where I wanted it to be." Added NFL Network's Kurt Warner, "I think he missed a few more throws than you expect at a Pro Day." Bridgewater ran a 4.78 forty-yard dash. He threw without gloves after donning them throughout his high school and college careers. Bridgewater's draft stock has seemingly been falling since the end of the college season

Quote:
NFL.com's Gil Brandt came away from Monday's Louisville Pro Day believing Teddy Bridgewater had a "good, solid workout."
Per Brandt, Bridgewater completed 57-of-65 passes in "the longest quarterback workout I've ever seen." Two of his incompletions were dropped by receivers. Brandt wonders why Bridgewater did not sport gloves, which he's done since high school. Bridgewater continues to face questions about his smallish frame and arm strength. There's really no telling at this point where he'll be drafted.

treece300e

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
TBW

Quote:
While on site at Louisville's pro day, NFL Network's Mike Mayock reports Teddy Bridgewater has dropped six pounds since the NFL Combine.
Bridgewater checked in at the Combine at 214 pounds, but likely dropped weight to run faster at his pro day. The quarterback has faced plenty of questions and criticisms regarding his build and frame, and this won't calm any of those questions. Rotoworld's Josh Norris thinks these critiques will be laughed at in a few years, since Bridgewater is an excellent pocket mover who does not take unnecessary hits.

Quote:
Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater's pro day workout was "very average at best," according to NFL Network's Mike Mayock.
"Most quarterbacks have good Pro Days," Mayock added. Multiple balls hit the ground during Bridgewater's workout, as he tended to sail or lead his receivers a bit too much. As The MMQB's Greg A. Bedard pointed out, Bridgewater did not wear gloves during the workout, something that he has done since high school. Rotoworld's Josh Norris will not waiver from listing Bridgewater as the top prospect in this class and a quality starter in the NFL.

Quote:
NFL.com's Gil Brandt said that Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner told him Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater's pro day "was pretty good."
"Not as down on Bridgewater workout as some. Only saw one bad throw. Norv Turner told me he thought it was pretty good," Brandt tweeted. The Vikings already met with Bridgewater on Sunday, prior to Mondays work out. If the Vikings leave today impressed, Bridgewater could possibly be the Vikings target with the eighth pick in this years draft.

Quote:
Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater elaborated on why he chose to throw without a glove during his pro day on Monday despite.
"Well, when I was training down in Florida, it was 80-degree weather, sunny every day, so I was out there throwing without the glove, just letting it rip," Bridgewater said. "So I felt confident coming into this process, coming into today, that I train without the glove, so I can throw on pro day without the glove." The quarterback has worn a pair of gloves for every game dating back to high school. Bridgewater's throwing display has been critiqued thanks to some overthrows and a few fluttery footballs, but it really should not matter.

Quote:
The Houston Chronicle reports Teddy Bridgewater was "less accurate than expected" during Monday's Louisville Pro Day, as "several" of his passes were "clearly off target" and his ball "often fluttered."
The workout was held indoors. Bridgewater (6'2/208) also weighed in six pounds lighter than his Combine measurement and proceeded to make numerous underthrows and overthrows. Per the Chronicle, "more than ten" of Bridgewater's 65 Pro Day throws were "either misses or drops." Conceded Bridgewater afterwards, "it was nowhere near where I wanted it to be." Added NFL Network's Kurt Warner, "I think he missed a few more throws than you expect at a Pro Day." Bridgewater ran a 4.78 forty-yard dash. He threw without gloves after donning them throughout his high school and college careers. Bridgewater's draft stock has seemingly been falling since the end of the college season

Quote:
NFL.com's Gil Brandt came away from Monday's Louisville Pro Day believing Teddy Bridgewater had a "good, solid workout."
Per Brandt, Bridgewater completed 57-of-65 passes in "the longest quarterback workout I've ever seen." Two of his incompletions were dropped by receivers. Brandt wonders why Bridgewater did not sport gloves, which he's done since high school. Bridgewater continues to face questions about his smallish frame and arm strength. There's really no telling at this point where he'll be drafted.

It seems like there a pretty clear consensus. Laughing Laughing
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did he run the 40?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
did he run the 40?

Yea, I think I read he ran a 4.8
jch1911

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
did he run the 40?

Officially, I think it was recorded as a 4.78

I will tell you this... I watched some of the coverage from ESPN (sound was off as I was in a sports / Irish bar), but they did only show his missed passes and made it seem like all he did was miss passes.

If Brandt is correct (57 of 65), why do that to the kid just to paint him in a bad light?? That ain't cool. That being said, I do think most QBs only miss 3 - 5 passes during their pro days as they are pretty well scripted out.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
did he run the 40?

Officially, I think it was recorded as a 4.78

I will tell you this... I watched some of the coverage from ESPN (sound was off as I was in a sports / Irish bar), but they did only show his missed passes and made it seem like all he did was miss passes.

If Brandt is correct (57 of 65), why do that to the kid just to paint him in a bad light?? That ain't cool. That being said, I do think most QBs only miss 3 - 5 passes during their pro days as they are pretty well scripted out.

They also said he threw without his gloves. He has thrown with a glove since high school, not sure it was smart of him to ditch the glove now, but he did. I think he will be just fine. The tape doesn't lie.
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He shouldve just worn gloves lol. Scouts are already worried about his smallish hands.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: